Kubota Orange Paint

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Valspar Tractor and Implement paint with hardener. I have a King Kutter 6' finish mower that is almost as old as my B2410, and with years of grass sitting getting wet under the cover, even though it gets cleaned periodically, was a rust bucket, really bad paint used on it. I wire brushed it, scrapped off what I could then hit is with Rustoleum rust conversion paint, and then sprayed the Valspar on with my automotive sprayer.

It took a good 6 - 8 hours before it dried, so make sure it is under cover. The end result isabout 8 years or more later, not a single spot of rust has shown up, grass left on it wet has not harmed the paint, and a quick power wash makes it look new again. I leave it outside often, and it is still the same color as when I painted it. I don't know what color orange it was, close match but not true to the B2410, but a lot better looking than the baby crap yellow KK painted it.

I just now found a half gallon of Majic Kubota Orange, not a clue where I got it from or if it is even the right color. I don't think that is what I used, but can't seem to find the Valspar orange right now.
My experience with Majic paint from TSC is that it is junk!
I too have used the Valspar Kubota Orange II, having bought two gallons from Amazon, but no longer can find it there.

ACDII

Equipment
B2410, L352 Loader, Woods BH70-X backhoe
Oct 21, 2021
Illinois
I went through my paint cabinet, it WAS the Majic I used to paint it, BUT I used Valspar hardener. I think the hardener is the key to longevity. Use a good hardener and the paint will hold up longer.

Years ago I repainted a Mercury Grand Marquis. It needs a little body work, some rust fixed, and a color change. It went from black to Dark Amethyst which is a dark pearled purple. The paint looked great when it came out of the booth, but found out I made a mistake mixing the clear. I added some bumper flex to it.

Don't ever add bumper flex to clear that goes on sheet metal. It does not hold a shine and scratches very easily. I am going to have to wet sand and recoat it with the clear I used on my truck toppers. I used Finish 1 from Napa on them and the clear polishes up very nice and stays polished. All in the hardener used.