Kubota B2650 Winter Front Grille Cover

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I recently ordered a set of grille covers from David and just received mine. They are made beautifully and fit perfectly. David has been a pleasure to work with and the purchase was risk free as he offers your money back if they don't work out.

I am looking forward to trying them out in the cold. That is the only time I have had DPF regen issues and I am hopeful that these grille covers will solve that. I'll post a follow-up after I have had time to use them in the cold weather.
Thanks for the compliments, wijg!! And good to hear that the covers fit your B3350. You'll have to post some pics when you get a chance or when you've had a chance to test them out in some inclement weather. Fingers crossed that these will help with those regen issues in the cold.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Sheet of corrugated cardboard is cheaper, what I use. Polish winterfront.:D
Now why didn't I think of that??! But wait....I had, and it's in the write up. You'll have to do a little research, like you say, and read the whole thread. :D Apparently these B2650's are much more efficient than your larger Kubota toys and put all but the last drop of horsepower into the ground or pto output. Just the corrugated plastic insert in the screen slot wasn't enough to get the temp up in this colder North Dakota winter days. Thus, the rest of the story!

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Suggest you consider one step up from cardboard and get the plastic stuff at Walmart or other stationary stores.

It stand up much better to the rain and wet snow.

Even available in different colors

:)

Dave
Dave, I had looked at those and they'd work perfectly. If only they could have been rolled up along with the winter fronts. Unfortunately there's just no way to include them in the packaging for these sets. But this way everyone gets to choose their own colors. :) Thanks for posting that pic and info!!

Regards,
David

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
Thanks for the compliments, wijg!! And good to hear that the covers fit your B3350. You'll have to post some pics when you get a chance or when you've had a chance to test them out in some inclement weather. Fingers crossed that these will help with those regen issues in the cold.
I wonder if it would fit a B3000/B3030 ?

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I wonder if it would fit a B3000/B3030 ?
Hi TimP,
I'm guessing even though it looks pretty similar that there'd be enough subtle differences in the front and sides to make for an ill fit. Maybe others would know better from first hand knowledge.

PM sent for another option.

Regards,
David

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Just wondering if this bedsheet qualifies as 'too hillbilly'?
Regards,
Cute. Must be a Walmart shopper......:D

The 'winterfront' thing is probably ok for a naturally aspirated Kubota but not for a turbocharged air to air engine like I have where the inter cooler requires a continuous flow of air to cool the air charge, post turbo.

Never had an issue with either of mine not warming up, no matter how cold ot is and it gets pretty cold up here in the north country.

Orange1forme

Equipment
B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Dec 1, 2018
Wa
Never had an issue with either of mine not warming up, no matter how cold ot is and it gets pretty cold up here in the north country.
For me, and others most likely, it is less about the warm up and more about the freeze over, snow getting inside the hood and the clogging/freezing of the air filter intake. I think it is the B3350 manual states to remove a portion of the intake in conditions where freezing could occur, maybe due to the regen process.

I was concerned last winter with my B2650 and I did some hillbilly things, none of which really worked. It's basically the same tractor as the B3350 but it does not state to remove anything.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
On both my M9's the air filter canister assembly is out front, over the battery and on both there is a right angle removable 'snout' (if you want to call it that) that you can rotate to face forward or backward. I bet that is to address snow getting into the air cleaner in the winter when plowing. I tend to keep mine rotated half way from facing forward to back.

I can see that being an issue with any unit.

With a charge air cooled engine, restricting the air flow causes the charge air cooler not to be able to provide the heat exchange necessary to cool the charge air and that results in less obtained horsepower.

Why you rarely see winterfront's in late model toad tractors. The winterfront defeats the purpose of the charge air cooler. In older trucks that that used intercoolers that employed antifreeze as the heat exchanger, winterfront's worked well.

Fox400

Equipment
B2650HSD, LA534, BH77, RCR1260, RB1660
Jul 25, 2019
"The Thumb", MI
I finally got the chance to get my covers on and they fit perfectly. Temps were in the mid 20's yesterday, with very little wind, and I put all 3 covers on before I started the tractor to warm it up. After plowing snow for about 30 minutes, I took the front cover off as the temp was slightly above normal operating range and it dropped and stayed rite where it should be. The covers worked excellent and when the temps really get cold, I'll probably have to put the front cover back on.

bird dogger does some really nice work and if you have to use your tractor in cold weather, his covers most definitely help keep the temps where they should be!

Here are a few pics, they aren't the best as I was in a hurry to get the snow moved before dark.

Attachments

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
I finally got the chance to get my covers on and they fit perfectly. Temps were in the mid 20's yesterday, with very little wind, and I put all 3 covers on before I started the tractor to warm it up. After plowing snow for about 30 minutes, I took the front cover off as the temp was slightly above normal operating range and it dropped and stayed rite where it should be. The covers worked excellent and when the temps really get cold, I'll probably have to put the front cover back on.

bird dogger does some really nice work and if you have to use your tractor in cold weather, his covers most definitely help keep the temps where they should be!

Here are a few pics, they aren't the best as I was in a hurry to get the snow moved before dark.
I finally put mine on and they fit great. Thanks Bird dogger.
A big "Thank You", Fox400 and Highmarket! Your purchase and trust is much appreciated!!

David

RonBoyBX25D

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, LP Grapple, Bro-Tek spacers, QH, Box Blade, Landscape Rake, RB, and 1560G
Aug 1, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
I am going to install my set this weekend, they look to be built exceptionally well. Not excited for the cold, but will make the tractor useable when it does. Will try to remember to take some pix.

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Design idea, taken from when we tarp open cab heavy equipment for winter.....

Can you incorporate some ducts on the station side to blow warm air towards the operator? Wouldn't need to be anything beyond a simple flap...

sent from a field

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
Except the fan blows the wrong way.

Nevermind.

sent from a field

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
Except the fan blows the wrong way.

Nevermind.

sent from a field

I sure remember the old days tarping the sides of dozers right up around the operator and turning the fan blades to pull the heat back through the other way. It worked really well and would keep you plenty warm!!

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
I sure remember the old days tarping the sides of dozers right up around the operator and turning the fan blades to pull the heat back through the other way. It worked really well and would keep you plenty warm!!
Yep.... shoulder season sucked though. Freezing in the morning but sweating by noon.

sent from a field