Kubota and OCD (LOL)

flati

Equipment
Kubota B2320
Dec 27, 2013
Eastern Ohio
Ok, I just purchased my first tractor a few days ago, a brand new Kubota BX2370. I have only 2 hours on this machine and already I'm second guessing my decision and thinking about talking to my dealer about trading up to a B2320. I'm still reading all of the specs and comparing the two tractors even after purchasing and to top that off some of my "friends" keep reminding me how cute the BX is....One buddy even said it looks like a Hot Wheels! Anyways, I'm thinking again, wondering just how much of a beating one may take on trading a new machine like this up to the B2320? Tractor and front end loader only, whats the price difference between the two models? Thanks for the counceling session gang. :eek:

Last edited:

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Last thing I care about is what someone else thinks of me and what I got.

Will the BX suit your needs?
Small tractors serve a purpose. I chose mine for a couple of very specific reasons, one is that I can tow it around with out having to buy a bigger trailer and truck. I live in the country and I'm surrounded by farmers with large tractors.....what they think is their business......not mine.

flati

Equipment
Kubota B2320
Dec 27, 2013
Eastern Ohio
I agree with you what you are saying and "if" I even inquire about it I refuse to take a loss on a new tractor that's for sure. I'm sure the BX will suit my needs which include moving some mulch, top soil and logs around my 9 acres of property. Plan to eventually get a plow and put in a food plot or two a year. I should have known myself well enough to know that I wouldn't be happy with what I'm looking at as entry level I guess.

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
They are both 23 HP tractors. Other then dimensions they are essentially the same tractor. I don't think its worth stressing over another tractor.

TripleR

Equipment
BX2200, BX2660, L5740 HSTC, M8540HDC and some other tractors and equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
Like others, I don't much give a rat's behind on what others say or think about my "little tractors" they are as useful to me as our 5740, 8540, MF375 Case 995 etc. My biggest tractor looks small sitting in our barn next to our renters 7000/8000 Series John Deeres.

There is a thread on TBN from a member who went from a BX1860 to B2320 and now back to a BX2360.

If the BX works for you, keep it, if not buy something else, but don't waste money because of what your friends think or say.

FWIW, I don't consider a BX anymore of an entry level tractor than anything else, it is a specific tractor for a variety of needs like all the rest.

navspecwar

Equipment
B3300HST FEL, ATH72 Finish Mower, 5ft KKRear Blade,Piranha TB
Oct 5, 2013
Marion, Illinois
Great point TripleR. I dont think size determines entry level, infact, the "entry level" concept here does not apply to the tractor at all......if anything it reflects the scope of the job not the tractor. Ask yourself this, "would I be having this dilema had the comments not been made". Congrats on your brand new tractor!!!! Have fun ..... I mean, work hard lol !

Gso125

Equipment
Bx25D TLB, snowblower
Sep 16, 2013
USA
I think all of us new to tractors want to get a bigger one after we buy one and get addicted to it. I have the little bx25d and after 5 hours on it and digging up some stumps I called my dealer. He told me 5k less than I paid for it that was 1 k per hour but also said in 5 years it will be about 5k less so to just keep it and have fun. I'm so far very very happy with the bx once I started to see what ah can really do.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
As others have said, you need to have what suits you. Different people have ideas on the size of equipment. The best piece of equipment is the one that suits your needs as you have determined them. That's my approach and I've been laughted at for my choices by some (What the heck does he need THAT thing for?) and my own dear Wifey (a farm girl) told her cousin "Jim is getting a new garden tractor" when we bought the L3200 last year:confused:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
My friend as BX owner, user and sometimes abuser, let me tell you that the BX is one hell of a tractor.
The drive line is from what I understand the same as the B your looking at. Now I don't know what you have in mind doing but I ll tell you that that BX will do most anything you want to do with it for a small tractor.
Moving dirt digging holes mowing hauling stuff, I have used my to pull cars out of a ditch more then once
As for your friend busten your stones about the hot wheels thing, tell him to KMA, and go play and have fun with your new toy. Cause he sounds of it he aint got a clue about tractors.
Its your money, and yeah the BX is cute, but trust me she is a brute under all that pretty orange pain,,
JMHO

flati

Equipment
Kubota B2320
Dec 27, 2013
Eastern Ohio
I appreciate you guys not being too hard on me for my indecisiveness. My wife just shakes her head at me. :D

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
I appreciate you guys not being too hard on me for my indecisiveness. My wife just shakes her head at me. :D
Heck, I've been married over forty-four years, I'm use to the whole head shaking thing.:)

The whole BX v B is also something most of us have been through. I went to buy a B2920 and came home with another BX.:eek:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Ok, I just purchased my first tractor a few days ago, a brand new Kubota BX2370. I have only 2 hours on this machine and already I'm second guessing my decision and thinking about talking to my dealer about trading up to a B2320. I'm still reading all of the specs and comparing the two tractors even after purchasing and to top that off some of my "friends" keep reminding me how cute the BX is....One buddy even said it looks like a Hot Wheels! Anyways, I'm thinking again, wondering just how much of a beating one may take on trading a new machine like this up to the B2320? Tractor and front end loader only, whats the price difference between the two models? Thanks for the counceling session gang. :eek:
When I bought my "TOY" back in July, all my neighbors said they like my new "TOY" and blah, blah......
Then the "TOY" started to do some things around their houses, some things required a smaller footprint....they stopped using the word "TOY" and started calling it a "nice machine"

When I went spec'ing them out, the dealer was straight up with me, he said that it was no need to buy something that I did not need, he was right!

I am still pissed that I didnt buy the "machine" five years ago.....

tell you friends to go "f....themselves" ok - do it on the inside - dont let the words come out !!!

Best money spent ! and have a FUN time on your new "MACHINE"

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
When I got my BX24 the dealer told me it won't move a mountain. Are you sure you don't want to look at something a bit bigger. I said nope this is the one that fits my needs. I will have to disagree with the dealer it WILL move a mountain it will just take a bit longer. I use mine for mowing, digging, grading and snow removal oh yeah one other thing I use it for is therapy.

If it fits your needs that's all that matters :D

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Do you have any idea how many times I've heard somebody tell my big ass I look like a bear on a roller skate sitting on that thing?!!?? TOO MANY!

But I get alot of interest on the tractor at the gas station filling up the truck.

Attachments

84cj

Equipment
Bx1800, 60 inch mower, front snowblower and bucket.
Aug 8, 2013
Gorham, Maine
Lol Eric!! I'm the opposite, I'm only 5'5". I make the bx look big. Lol!!

I have an older bx1800. I've been very impressed with its capabilitys. It digs and moves what I want with the FEL. The 60 inch mowing deck cuts my mowing time in half compared to my 42" lawn tractor. And the snowblower throws snow quite a distance. And with the cab it keeps the wind and snow off me. I had to get the kids snowmobile in the garage this morning. The bota dragged it right in with minimum pulling on the sled on my part.

It's a great machine in a smaller package.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Quick trade it for an L before you scuff it up.
I love my L!:D

TripleR

Equipment
Sep 16, 2011
SE Missouri
It can indeed be a slippery slope, to some a B Series, any B Series is a "toy", to others, an L isn't a "real tractor" and so it goes.