K348-7 Finish Mower

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I'm not familiar with that brand but all the finishing mowers that I have been around, past and present use a spring loaded belt tentioner. My current mower I bought in 2000 and I have never had to touch the belt for anything but inspection. The one before that I had to put the belt back on it once when a stick worked its way in there and thru it off. No adjustments have ever been needed.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah Im with Bulldog on this one. I have a Landpride finishing mower and mine has the same springs loaded belt tentioner on it. I'd say pick up an extra belt and have one with you on hand incase it breaks off.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I'm too lazy to make my own post so I'll edit Eric's and make like it's mine :cool:

Yeah Im with Bulldog on this one. I have a "JD" finishing mower and mine has the same springs loaded belt tentioner on it. I'd say pick up an extra belt and have one with you on hand incase it breaks off.

Not Eric

MahalKo

Equipment
B6100D
Jan 7, 2010
Columbus, OH
I'm not familiar with that brand but all the finishing mowers that I have been around, past and present use a spring loaded belt tentioner. My current mower I bought in 2000 and I have never had to touch the belt for anything but inspection. The one before that I had to put the belt back on it once when a stick worked its way in there and thru it off. No adjustments have ever been needed.
The mower is branded Kubota. However, I obtained a parts diagram, and all the fasteners are listed in standard U.S. sizes.

This mower was probably made for Kubota by Woods or some other U.S. based company. It was built back in the late '70s or early '80s when there was still some heavy industry in this country.

Does anybody out there currently use one of these units? Any helpful tips or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
First thing we need to know is how tall and thick is the grass you intend to mow with that rear finishing mower. I know mine does not do to tell in tall thick grass and you can burn up a belt faster then anything if the mower cant keep up. If your looking to mow the area a few times a year and not weekly then a bush hog or rouch cut mower is the way to go. They are alot tougher in nature and can take the abuse, especially if you happen to find stumps and roots. The blades on a bush hog are alot ticker and can stand up to the shock of hiting a stump.

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
MahalKo, I'm not familiar with your mower either. I have a Bush-Hog brand mower with 3 blades also and is spun by 2 belts. I had to replace both belts last year as the mower was about 16 years old at the time. This mower does not use a spring tensioner. You tighten the belts by loosening the 4 bolts that hold down the input gearbox, then tighten a bolt that pulls the gearbox back, thereby tightening the belts. You can tell you need to tighten the belts when you hit thick grass and it causes the belts to slip. I'd advise you to get a spare belt anyway, just based on its age. Obviously the mower works much better with the blades sharp. But watch out for rocks. I have a lot of rocks on my place and hitting one will dull and bend the blade big time. Because of the rocks, I run my mower 3 to 4 inches above the ground. Good Luck!

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Any used mower I buy and I only buy used I always get new belts right away. Sooner or later, mostly sooner if what you buy has been sitting for a year you will have to replace the belts. I am gonna agree with Scott on this copy thing or go back to my old faithfull (Ditto on what he said):D Dusty

chip

Equipment
B6000
Oct 28, 2009
Danbury, Ct USA
I bought the same mower this past winter. I took it apart as I always do when I buy something used. The belt does have a spring tensioner. I had to replace a bearing which had a sealed cover fall out and the ball bearings were showing; which I bought from the local Kubota dealer. I have already mowed my lawn several times but am still getting used to it. I have a B6000 and had to put ballast in the front tires, due to the fact the weight of the mower lifted the front of the tractor off the ground and made the steering light. Good Luck with it. I want to add the spring tensioner is adjustable with a treaded rod and a locknut. Also this is a finish mower designed to cut grass lawns and should not be used to clear brush.

Last edited:

Rowdy Raven

Equipment
Satoh Buck, Kubota 48" finishing mower, Bush hog s48, koyker 110 FEL
Mar 11, 2011
Clemmons, NC, USA
Hey guys, I have one of these Kubota K348-7 mowers that I use behind my Satoh Buck. If you could tell me where to find a parts description and perhaps an owners manual that would be awesome!!!

My mower was used regularly by the previous owner when I got it about two years ago. I have not had to replace the belt, so far so good. What is the procedure for tightening the belt?

Thanks for any help!

Rowdy