Is it me or is Kubota becoming overpriced???

Status
Not open for further replies.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Wow
This thread is all over the place.
Tractor prices
Egg prices
And politics
I'll go in order...
My L3800 I bought new with FEL in spring of 2013. I believe $21,000.
Food prices- I went through McDonald's the other day on the way to visit my sister, the order was two quarter pounders, two med fries, one medium coffee- $19.50
I almost dropped dead, none of this was for me.(I don't eat beef or French fries)
Politics - I have a good friend who will be 81 in September. He did 22 yrs in the air force, and now as he gets older he's influenced by liberals and thinks we have no reason to own firearms. Police and military are the only ones who needs them he says. This just makes me open carry more when I know he's stopping by.
Influenced by the media he watches and believes every word. I've weened myself off the media. If putins dropping the bomb here I guess I'll be surprised. Lose Facebook, Twitter and all the rest of the time wasting junk and your life improves the second you do.
Not everyone at your friend's age thinks like he does.
I am 82, a former Naval Aviator, and have a concealed carry permit,.... that I use.
I watch the TV, and am frequently digusted by the amount of misinformation presented.

Reactions: 1 user

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Not true at all.

Obviously not true either.

You guys need to step away from the CNN. ;)

It's silly to say anyone who is against war is for the other country. In this case, there is the corrupt country being invaded by a different corrupt country. Why is it our job to solve it?
I totally support the USA military support for Ukraine!
You got me ALL wrong!
I do not watch the Clinton Network News!
I do know what a moron Carlson is.
If I were calling the shots, I would send Carlson to Ukraine for a full year, to sit in a cold damp foxhole.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Is this a Politics or News debate forum or a Tractor forum??
I come here to see Orange. Not Red or Blue.............lol
I was only trying to inject a little levity into the thread.

Here's my Morse code 👀..👁..👀👀 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I totally support the USA military support for Ukraine!
You got me ALL wrong!
Not wrong at all. I could tell you support USA in Ukraine. Tucker is your opposite. Some of the rest of us don't want wars like that one in favor preventing wars.

Everyone ... even Tucker ... is entitled to their opinion. They don't deserve to be called names just because they have a different opinion.

Fwiw, if it was up to Tucker, we wouldn't be there, so no need for him to be in a foxhole.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Only the dead know the end of war ,,,, Plato

War sucks I dont care in whoes back yard it is, we do not need to be there , we do not need to bring home more body bags, we do not need more Mothers crying over their sons and daughters.
And before anyone says anything, been there done that helped make the T shirts.
War has 2 rules, Number 1, young men and women die,, Number 2, you cannot change rule number 1 !
I know there are others here that understand war, we need to stay out of it, simple as that

country_hick

Mar 2, 2023
Maine
Ukraine isn't in the Western Hemisphere even if you believe we should still be following it.
The Monroe doctrine has been expanded to cover the entire planet not just the western hemisphere. Look at how many US military bases exist in how many countries, and it becomes obvious.

Myself, I say this country has exactly the same exact interest in other countries that other countries have in this country which is exactly no interest at all. Every peaceful country that is not attacking its neighbors should be left to its own design and to do what it wants within its own borders as long as its own people agree.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Only the dead know the end of war ,,,, Plato

War sucks I dont care in whoes back yard it is, we do not need to be there , we do not need to bring home more body bags, we do not need more Mothers crying over their sons and daughters.
And before anyone says anything, been there done that helped make the T shirts.
War has 2 rules, Number 1, young men and women die,, Number 2, you cannot change rule number 1 !
I know there are others here that understand war, we need to stay out of it, simple as that
Yes. But there are no Americans on the ground, it's just money and materiel being provided. It's really up to the Ukrainians whether they want to fight and die or not, the choice America has is whether to provide them enough weaponry to win if they choose to fight.

Putin has been pretty clear that after Ukraine comes Poland. Poland is a NATO country. So it's support Ukraine to win now, or be dragged into a war in Poland next. Ukraine isn't perfect, but they're quite clearly the ones that got invaded.

Much of the materiel that America is providing is stuff that's about to reach its expiry date, or older weaponry that has been stored but was unlikely to have any future use. The military are quite happy to schlep off their old equipment to Ukraine and replace it with new stuff that still has 20 years of storage life. It all costs money, yes. But a lot of that stuff had to be replaced in the next few years anyway, so it's moving money around, not new money. And the cost of a Russia that continues to invade its neighbours are quite substantial as well.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I think we've probably gone enough around about Ukraine on this tractor forum. If you are really interested in what is going on, expand your information sources. You'll find that what is being said in some circles might not be true. If you like what you are being told, don't.

Everyone have a great day.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Not true at all.

It's silly to say anyone who is against war is for the other country. In this case, there is the corrupt country being invaded by a different corrupt country. Why is it our job to solve it?
Yeah, why get a third corrupt country involved? o_O

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Not true at all.

It’s not “our” job. It’s the Free World’s job. To not support the war against Russia is called “Appeasement”.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Wow
….
Politics - I have a good friend who will be 81 in September. He did 22 yrs in the air force, and now as he gets older he's influenced by liberals and thinks we have no reason to own firearms.
I’m a Liberal. I think EVERY lawful adult citizen should be able to own firearms…. and have a license to carry them anywhere they wish when they’ve successfully passed a firearms competence course.

Reactions: 3 users

jyoutz

Equipment
MX6000 HST open station, FEL, 6’ cutter, forks, 8’ rear blade, 7’ cultivator
Jan 14, 2019
Edgewood, New Mexico
Yes. But there are no Americans on the ground, it's just money and materiel being provided. It's really up to the Ukrainians whether they want to fight and die or not, the choice America has is whether to provide them enough weaponry to win if they choose to fight.

Putin has been pretty clear that after Ukraine comes Poland. Poland is a NATO country. So it's support Ukraine to win now, or be dragged into a war in Poland next. Ukraine isn't perfect, but they're quite clearly the ones that got invaded.

Much of the materiel that America is providing is stuff that's about to reach its expiry date, or older weaponry that has been stored but was unlikely to have any future use. The military are quite happy to schlep off their old equipment to Ukraine and replace it with new stuff that still has 20 years of storage life. It all costs money, yes. But a lot of that stuff had to be replaced in the next few years anyway, so it's moving money around, not new money. And the cost of a Russia that continues to invade its neighbours are quite substantial as well.
Consider this: for 3% of the U.S. defense budget that we have given Ukraine, they have damaged of destroyed 50% of Russia’s military forces. Source: Republican senators in an armed forces committee meeting.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

US troops deployed in Ukraine, Biden spokesperson confirms
WebApr 12, 2023 · The U.S. has confirmed there is a “small U.S. military presence” deployed in Ukraine after leaked documents indicated several Western countries had special forces
And there are more boots on the ground since then, and I fear more are on the way, judging from the rumblings I keep hearing from out on the left coast. SO yeah like it or not we are in another no win war with nothing for the US, except body bags

• Dislike
Status
Not open for further replies.