Is it me or is Kubota becoming overpriced???

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
look at what happened after obumma crashed it in 08
. Mr. Obama did not take office until JANUARY OF 2009. DOH!
THAT was what Obama Inherited…. He didn’t create it. Go back and re-learn the History and the chain of events. It was BEFORE the election of Nov ‘08. which Obama won that Lehman Bros declared bankruptcy (Sept of ‘08 to be exact).
Want a TimeLine of Events? Please note that ALL of this occurred BEFORE Obama was elected:

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Longer term inflation timeline. My first home mortgage was well into double digits.

1681258473368.png

Reactions: 1 users

Swamp

Equipment
L4701DT with NH92 backhoe
Nov 22, 2022
Wisconsin
Answers still the same. Inflation up, demand down, prices down, prices down, demand up, inflation up. Econ 1 grade 5.

Reactions: 1 user

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
When did you buy it? Have you priced eggs lately?

I agree with injecting money into the economy wasn't helpful, and at the same time wrecking other parts of the economy with other "changes". I just hope all of those voters who voted for run away inflation notice what they did. Unfortunately, most of them are too clueless to notice.

Even if they did, they'd probably blame it on the last administration when the economy was in decent shape.
Just greed..." A look at the company’s profits also yields a daunting figure. The company reported making $39.5 million in profit a year ago. That number jumped to $323.2 million in the quarter ending in February, and the company noted a 718% jump in profits, according to CNN.".

country_hick

Mar 2, 2023
Maine
Just greed..." A look at the company’s profits also yields a daunting figure.
I stopped buying eggs when they became that expensive. I figured it was cheaper to eat steak instead.
People substitute one item for another when prices rise. basic economics 101.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
Just greed..." A look at the company’s profits also yields a daunting figure. The company reported making $39.5 million in profit a year ago. That number jumped to $323.2 million in the quarter ending in February, and the company noted a 718% jump in profits, according to CNN.".

They do not specify if that is net or gross dollars. Our gross profits are through the roof right now. So are our expenses. Net is marginally higher.

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
. Mr. Obama did not take office until JANUARY OF 2009. DOH!
THAT was what Obama Inherited…. He didn’t create it. Go back and re-learn the History and the chain of events. It was BEFORE the election of Nov ‘08. which Obama won that Lehman Bros declared bankruptcy (Sept of ‘08 to be exact).
Want a TimeLine of Events? Please note that ALL of this occurred BEFORE Obama was elected:
I can't bring myself to click a Wiki link, but did they mention the 2008 crisis actually started in the late 60's?
The HUD Act was the beginning of the end. The Act allowed for the proliferation of Mortgage Backed Securities. Loan packaging as a commodity didn't really start taking off until the late 90s. Then predatory lending practices added a nail to the coffin. Interest only, bubble payments, ARMs, and other deals that normal people didn't understand.
Folks like to blame an administration. It's not always the case.

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
The chicken feed costs have gone up dramatically and that is why eggs cost more not. My neighbor raises chickens for egg production and he sells his eggs for $4 a dozen. Most of his eggs get sold to someone that goes to a farmers market and that person sells them for $9 a dozen. They make $5 on every carton of eggs however, they have expenses also, so what their net profit is, I don't know. I do know that my neighbor isn't getting rich on his chickens. He just likes having them. Lots of people in the neighborhood are raising chickens for eggs. I can pass 5 or 6 egg stands and not travel a mile on my way into town.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The chicken feed costs have gone up dramatically and that is why eggs cost more not. My neighbor raises chickens for egg production and he sells his eggs for $4 a dozen. Most of his eggs get sold to someone that goes to a farmers market and that person sells them for $9 a dozen. They make $5 on every carton of eggs however, they have expenses also, so what their net profit is, I don't know. I do know that my neighbor isn't getting rich on his chickens. He just likes having them. Lots of people in the neighborhood are raising chickens for eggs. I can pass 5 or 6 egg stands and not travel a mile on my way into town.
It is only 141.5 miles from my house to yours.
Maybe.... I should stop over to buy some eggs from your neighbor?

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
That number jumped to $323.2 million in the quarter ending in February, and the company noted a 718% jump in profits, according to CNN.".
CNN has been wrong more than right in the past few years. You are welcome to believe them though.

soloz2

Equipment
B2601
Feb 10, 2023
WNY
Chicken feed has gone up dramatically over the past couple years, but the other issue is that entire flocks of chickens for both meat and eggs had to be put down due to bird flu. We keep chickens for eggs and thankfully have not had to buy eggs, but the feed costs have impacted our overall cost of chickens.

forky

Equipment
L2501 HST 4X4 8N
Feb 23, 2021
Wisconsin
Raising poultry is a labor of love and lifestyle. I've raised poultry since 1973 and will continue until I can't anymore. I currently have a flock of 30 chickens. I give the extra eggs to family neighbors and friends. I presently have 14 doz in the fridge that will be shared like always.
It's not always about the money. Karma is real life experiences it will come back in favor again as it has many times ... just sayin is all.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Answers still the same. Inflation up, demand down, prices down, prices down, demand up, inflation up. Econ 1 grade 5.
I have a couple of kids with advanced degrees that will argue that there is far more to it. But, yes, that is the very very basic idea.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
CNN has been wrong more than right in the past few years. You are welcome to believe them though.
Not as wrong as mistaken based upon events reported to them… unlike Faux News who deliberately misconstrues facts.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.