I have just got to vent here

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
People call other people names because they don't agree with your life choices or beliefs. Welcome to the new world order.

Reactions: 1 user

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
^^^^

Have you ever won the Jackpot? ;)

Then you're not the winner. I know....I know...
How is this for optimism ! If I win a few bucks that is great. If I get zip, I tell myself that the net New York profit goes to education. It works out to around 40 percent after payouts and cost.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
Reverse rant.
I am retired so I drive really slow during commuter hour just to piss off commuters.

pigdoc

Equipment
G1800S L2500
Aug 19, 2022
SE Pennsylvania
I think there should be a rule that establishments that sell lottery tickets must dedicate a clerk to that activity.

I get tired of waiting for someone else's 49 tickets to print out with nobody else there behind the counter to serve others. And there they stand, still coloring in dots on the card with their pencil.

You know who you are. Don't apologize to the clerk, apologize to all the other poor saps waiting in line behind you. Some of whom did not need to be waiting because said clerk did not have the time to replenish the receipt paper in the gas pumps. Because she was busy selling lottery tickets. Get it now?

I'm on the taxpayer's dime when I'm standing there, waiting, by the way.
When I could be on my way to the next job. If I don't get home before 4:30, well, that's overtime.
Excuse me for seeking to protect my constituency from waste.

And, sorry if I offended anyone.

It's not been a day for me to "chill", despite being below freezing much of the day.
I was called "rude" for objecting to someone who attempted to cut in line in front of me.
"I'm a store employee", she said, buying little chocolate donuts (the breakfast of Champions) and TicTacs.
"I'm the reason you have that job", I said, in reply.
Really? Whatever happened to "the customer is king"?

I tend to get a little excited once in awhile.
If I ask my son to describe me in one word, the word he chooses, without hesitation, is, "Intense".
That's OK.
Intense is good if you have any inclination to be truly productive.

I seriously thought about early retirement today. And NOTHING above had anything to do with that.

-Paul

PS, if you have any dreams of winning the Power Ball, consider this. The odds of winning the jackpot are the same as picking ONE cornstalk out of a cornfield that is NINE SQUARE MILES in size. What do they say, lotteries are for the mathematically challenged? I didn't say that, in case you might want to skewer me.

Last edited:

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I could not help but remember how the Japanese often confuse R for L when writing English words...Change the letter and another true statement appears! :ROFLMAO:
Yes they do!
"Erections" most certainly do have consequences.
Not just in Japan,.....but everywhere!

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
  • Haha

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
How is this for optimism ! If I win a few bucks that is great. If I get zip, I tell myself that the net New York profit goes to education. It works out to around 40 percent after payouts and cost.
I'm more than good with that. Hope you win something big one day. (y)

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
PS, if you have any dreams of winning the Power Ball, consider this. The odds of winning the jackpot are the same as picking ONE cornstalk out of a cornfield that is NINE SQUARE MILES in size.
^^^^^

And yet someone does.

There should be NO expectation by any individual that there is any hint of a chance that THEY will be the winner. But every expectation that eventually 'someone' will.

Most folks play the lottery just for fun. Fully realizing they will never win.....but knowing also that it DOES happen.

Its entertaining for folks to muse about what they would do with all that money.

Provided they aren't spending their Rent/Mortgage/Grocery money on it....then its a harmless way for folks to dream a dream.

Hue

Equipment
Kubota L4060, box blade, stump bucket grapple, snowblower
May 17, 2019
New Brunswick Canada
Just now....$9.59 ($10.26 with tax) for a simple flat toilet flush valve gasket!
Thank you Brandon!
It's gone up in price in Canada too! Pretty sure that's also his fault? And the price increases in Europe. Man, he's messed up the world economy. Couldn't be covid, war in Ukraine, that would make too much sense.

Reactions: 1 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
It's gone up in price in Canada too! Pretty sure that's also his fault? And the price increases in Europe. Man, he's messed up the world economy. Couldn't be covid, war in Ukraine, that would make too much sense.
Maybe "pretty boy" Justin contributed as well.
Justin and Joe are both poster boys for government incompetence!

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Does anyone remember Jimmy Carter and his economic policies? Mortgages were about 14% and banks were paying 10% on CDs. Food and fuel prices were out of sight, the stock market tanked, and people were driving their gas-guzzling cars into the lakes to get rid of them. Put a "luxury" tax on boats that drove all the US boat manufacturers out of business, because people that could afford a boat stopped buying boats. Once again, great times and challenges are ahead of us.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Lottery playing folks are, well, nuts...

I've asked all the ones I know to play MY lottery...
Toss me a $10 bill and you have a 50/50 chance of getting it back...

NONE want to play....

BUT... they'll 'donate' hundreds every month when the odds are a zillion to one they might win....

• Haha

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I think there should be a rule that establishments that sell lottery tickets must dedicate a clerk to that activity.

I get tired of waiting for someone else's 49 tickets to print out with nobody else there behind the counter to serve others. And there they stand, still coloring in dots on the card with their pencil.

You know who you are. Don't apologize to the clerk, apologize to all the other poor saps waiting in line behind you. Some of whom did not need to be waiting because said clerk did not have the time to replenish the receipt paper in the gas pumps. Because she was busy selling lottery tickets. Get it now?

I'm on the taxpayer's dime when I'm standing there, waiting, by the way.
When I could be on my way to the next job. If I don't get home before 4:30, well, that's overtime.
Excuse me for seeking to protect my constituency from waste.

And, sorry if I offended anyone.

It's not been a day for me to "chill", despite being below freezing much of the day.
I was called "rude" for objecting to someone who attempted to cut in line in front of me.
"I'm a store employee", she said, buying little chocolate donuts (the breakfast of Champions) and TicTacs.
"I'm the reason you have that job", I said, in reply.
Really? Whatever happened to "the customer is king"?

I tend to get a little excited once in awhile.
If I ask my son to describe me in one word, the word he chooses, without hesitation, is, "Intense".
That's OK.
Intense is good if you have any inclination to be truly productive.

I seriously thought about early retirement today. And NOTHING above had anything to do with that.

-Paul

PS, if you have any dreams of winning the Power Ball, consider this. The odds of winning the jackpot are the same as picking ONE cornstalk out of a cornfield that is NINE SQUARE MILES in size. What do they say, lotteries are for the mathematically challenged? I didn't say that, in case you might want to skewer me.
You might try setting up email alerts to send you a receipt when you make credit card purchases. You could then print the email receipt if needed. It sure beats waiting in line for those annoying lottery ticket buyers. Also, if you use one credit card exclusively for your work purchases I think you can use the monthly bill as proof for tax purposes.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Can I vent on something totally extraneous to any of the topics above? Well I will anyway. What drives me nuts this time of year is the transformation of the noun gift into a verb, "something was gifted to someone else". There is a perfectly good verb to give that has all the tenses available to account for all occasions, why not use it?