I have just got to vent here

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I guess the fact that 57% of U.S. households paid no federal income tax last year is what taxpayers have a problem with.

Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The median family income in 2021 was 79,900 (per HUD). Lots of two income families.

How you acquire income matters a LOT.
$27K tax paid equals approximately $150K total income.
Does not matter if two incomes or one.
Joint filing of $150K =approx. $27K tax

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I don't complain about paying taxes, but I do not like the way that congress spends my hard-earned money, by giving it to places like China to do research that we could do here, and do much more safely. The same with giving money to other countries to defend their borders rather than defending our own borders. Before anyone misinterprets this I do support our supporting war against Russia in Ukraine.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I don't complain about paying taxes, but I do not like the way that congress spends my hard-earned money, by giving it to places like China to do research that we could do here, and do much more safely. The same with giving money to other countries to defend their borders rather than defending our own borders. Before anyone misinterprets this I do support our supporting war against Russia in Ukraine.
"I do support our supporting war against Russia in Ukraine".
ME TOO !!!!!

Sadly, our US politicians did not learn a thing from the history of the Vietnam fiasco.
We are doing a total repeat of: ....TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.....for Ukraine!

Reactions: 1 user

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
We, the USA, have absolutely no legitimate business being involved in the Ukraine war. Zelensky is a corrupt POS and most of the Ukrainian people outside of Kiev do not support his corrupt regime. We should not be supporting that war with even one red cent. Get us out of this mess. Our corrupt politicians will never let us win and if we cannot win, we don't belong in the fight.

Reactions: 3 users

Sparky Prep

Dec 24, 2022
South Florida
$27K tax paid equals approximately $150K total income.
Does not matter if two incomes or one.
Joint filing of $150K =approx. $27K tax
I'm not sure what point you are trying to get at. I made about $150k this year. My children are grown, and supporting themselves. My wife does not work. Every dime I made, I earned. Am I a bad person because I made good choices in life, saved my money, and worked long hours to make a better life for my family and myself?

I guess I never thought I would start such an argument by complaining about how much taxes I was FORCED to give to the government. I'm new here. So, my apologies to anyone I offended. I'm used to associating with people who are a little more......... resilient. I'll go back to lurking.

Reactions: 1 users

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I'm not sure what point you are trying to get at. I made about $150k this year. My children are grown, and supporting themselves. My wife does not work. Every dime I made, I earned. Am I a bad person because I made good choices in life, saved my money, and worked long hours to make a better life for my family and myself?

I guess I never thought I would start such an argument by complaining about how much taxes I was FORCED to give to the government. I'm new here. So, my apologies to anyone I offended. I'm used to associating with people who are a little more......... resilient. I'll go back to lurking.
Do not go back to lurking. Your comments are welcome by most of us. The fact that one or two people may be trying to shame you for your hard work, thrift, and provident living should not discourage you. Stay on the forum and contribute. Most of us welcome new blood.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma

YOU were COMPLAINING about paying $27K in income tax in your original post.
My point is, that if you paid $27K, that simply means that you have a relatively decent income in today's USA.

I paid WAY MORE than $27,000 in annual income tax before I retired......22 years ago!
I kinda think I "made good choices" too!
What is YOUR point?

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
YOU were COMPLAINING about paying $27K in income tax in your original post.
My point is, that if you paid $27K, that simply means that you have a relatively decent income in today's USA.

I paid WAY MORE than $27,000 in annual income tax before I retired......22 years ago!
I kinda think I "made good choices" too!
What is YOUR point?
The title of the thread is I have just got to vent here. He was gently venting and you took him to task on his vent. That is the way I see it. I would bet that others on here see it that way too. Let's see if I get any likes for that.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
We, the USA, have absolutely no legitimate business being involved in the Ukraine war. Zelensky is a corrupt POS and most of the Ukrainian people outside of Kiev do not support his corrupt regime. We should not be supporting that war with even one red cent. Get us out of this mess. Our corrupt politicians will never let us win and if we cannot win, we don't belong in the fight.
So said Neville Chamberlain in September of 1938.

And...... history is repeating today!

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
For you Monty Python fans , And now for something completely different.

Thanksgiving at our house was a bust as the teenager was sick as a dog.
X-mass plans to drive 90 minutes north to see the kids and grand kids just got busted as the littlest one up there has the flu.
Not the germs that stopped us. We figure the last thing the kids needed was company when they have three young ones and sickest is just under 2.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Amazes me how some people think they should be living in a country and any taxes they pay are being stolen from them.

First off, we are given the opportunity to live in a country and benefit from whatever protections the country may offer us. And whatever services the country may offer us. Such as roads to drive our cars on, and many other things.

Myself, I never cheer when I pay taxes. BUT I accept it for what it is. Not always the most efficient use of money for sure, but it does work to offer me something in return.

So I, like most others in the world, live with the fact that taxes paid also offer some return benefit.

Regardless of where we live, we can bitch about it, but taxes are a way of life in every country in the world that has a government and provides services to its population, as far as I know.

"Cry baby cry..." is saying that comes to mind. Whatever we think, doubt anything regarding taxes will change much, except maybe for the rate we fall into income wise.
We all accept that Taxes are a necessary thing. We Do NOT all agree with the absolutely reckless and wasteful spending that makes high taxes necessary. THAT is the issue.

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
We all accept that Taxes are a necessary thing. We Do NOT all agree with the absolutely reckless and wasteful spending that makes high taxes necessary. THAT is the issue.
No one wants absolutely reckless and wasteful spending ! But what some call wasteful others call useful.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
No one wants absolutely reckless and wasteful spending ! But what some call wasteful others call useful.
The people that call it wasteful are the ones who are forced to pay the most

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas

We are currently 23 TRILLION dollars in debt.

Do you suppose we got there by virtue of 'useful' spending or 'wasteful' spending?

I can think of lots of things I might like to have that would be 'useful', but in the interest of living within my means....I choose to not be wasteful or fiscally irresponsible.

IF we could run the Nation that same way....(like a business or household) we would be in a much better position.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
You can't stay in power unless you win over the populous. The easiest way for any politician to do that is to promise free everything just like a Santa Clause.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
We are currently 23 TRILLION dollars in debt.

Do you suppose we got there by virtue of 'useful' spending or 'wasteful' spending?

I can think of lots of things I might like to have that would be 'useful', but in the interest of living within my means....I choose to not be wasteful or fiscally irresponsible.

IF we could run the Nation that same way....(like a business or household) we would be in a much better position.

"We are currently 23 TRILLION dollars in debt"

NOPE!
You MISSED the actual number by a mere 8.445 TRILLION dollars.
National "debt clock" currently (12/25) shows 31.445 TRILLION dollars and counting.

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
"We are currently 23 TRILLION dollars in debt"

NOPE!
You MISSED the actual number by a mere 8.445 TRILLION dollars.
National "debt clock" currently (12/25) shows 31.445 TRILLION dollars and counting.

My Bad......I slept last night. No telling what it will be tomorrow. ;)

Not that politicians (of any stripe) care. I mean....what's 8 trillion dollars among friends, right.