I have just got to vent here

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I went and picked up my mail, and along with the other bills one from PEOPLES GAS. 200 bucks for last month and thats with the wood burner going. And well I got my Irish up and called, and was so nice to the girl, up to the point where she told me the price for MCF has doubled, to 8.13 per MCF almost doubled. So proceeded to tell me that they have to buy gas,, yeah I know it is a paper chase on who owns what. And I dont mind them making a buck off me,,, but dayum ,,, rape is all it is,,, thank you joe

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I went and picked up my mail, and along with the other bills one from PEOPLES GAS. 200 bucks for last month and thats with the wood burner going. And well I got my Irish up and called, and was so nice to the girl, up to the point where she told me the price for MCF has doubled, to 8.13 per MCF almost doubled. So proceeded to tell me that they have to buy gas,, yeah I know it is a paper chase on who owns what. And I dont mind them making a buck off me,,, but dayum ,,, rape is all it is,,, thank you joe
Just now....$9.59 ($10.26 with tax) for a simple flat toilet flush valve gasket!
Thank you Brandon!

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA
clipped
And well I got my Irish up and called, and was so nice to the girl, up to the point where she told me the price for MCF has doubled, to 8.13 per MCF almost doubled.
clipped
Nice up to the point... I am sure that 'girl' is making millions and was just delighted to have you rant at her. It's not her fault. I am sure her bill went up also.

Reactions: 1 user

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
The fact that you are billed and only then know the price is poor business practice, I think that every change of price should sent to you before it goes into effect. I know, I know, just take whatever ever is dished out.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
The world is in a Cluster F right now my friend, as someone said before the rich just keep getting richer.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
It costs me north of $10/day to keep the lights and heat on. No, I'm not running the welder and stuff every day.

• Sad

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I have to believe that you are referring to "natural gas" as opposed to propane. If that is the case, then it is a metered account where you pay for what you use, and it is delivered to your home through pipes in the street. The MCF equals 1,000 cubic feet of natural gas. As you can see in this chart (https://www.eia.gov/dnav/ng/hist/n3010us3m.htm) the price per MCF was quite stable until recently. I don't know how your state regulates the prices paid by the consumer, however, in most states the utility that delivers the product is allowed a percentage over the cost of the product and a specific amount in addition to the cost for the delivery. You might not be happy about the price, but you don't have any other alternatives. Our business electric bill went from $900 +- to $1600 +- in one month. There is nothing that we can do about it because we have to keep the lights on to stay in business. We have no choice but to pass some of that increase onto the customers who are also not happy about the increases in prices. Everyplace you turn, the prices are going up, and there is only one reason for this. The government keeps printing money and spending at record-high rates, and the value of the dollar is declining. It takes more dollars to buy products as a result. Remember this the next time you step into the voting booth the people that you want to elect are those that share your same values and beliefs. Presently, Washington is in the control of those that want to tax and spend and they are wealthy enough that these new higher prices don't affect their lives the way it affects the average American working man (woman). They are not in touch with the reality of everyday life outside of the Washington experience.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas
Presently, Washington is in the control of those that want to tax and spend and they are wealthy enough that these new higher prices don't affect their lives the way it affects the average American working man (woman). They are not in touch with the reality of everyday life outside of the Washington experience.
^^^^^^

But they will have a better idea.....once the 87,000 new IRS agents are in place and get to work. ;)

Reactions: 5 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
^^^^^^

But they will have a better idea.....once the 87,000 new IRS agents are in place and get to work. ;)
My gas bill went up too. Have the same gas company as Skeets. Don’t like it either but it is what it is.

I am honest on my taxes so have no problem with extra IRS agents if they at least pay their own way by recovering money from the dishonest.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
My gas bill went up too. Have the same gas company as Skeets. Don’t like it either but it is what it is.

I am honest on my taxes so have no problem with extra IRS agents if they at least pay their own way by recovering money from the dishonest.
I think you are guilty of over simplification.
Example:

A billionaire businessman takes advantage of every tax loophole possible, including some that are quasi legal.
He gets audited, his tax accounting firm researches the tax code, and pulls some rabbits out of the hat, with him paying no additional tax.
Accounting/law firm earns $100K for defending him, and that is tax deductible following year!

Small time guy gets audited for a few hundred dollars, for items that there is disagreement on.
Small time guy has no recourse!
IRS intimidates him, and threatens imprisonment .
He cannot afford an accounting/law firm, so......he just bends over, and pays the few hundred dollars,

The wealthy businessmen number in the thousands.
The small time guys number in the tens of millions.
The IRS collects billions from tens of millions of small time guys.
The billionaires pay nothing additional.

That is what 87,000 new IRS agents will be doing!
You are OK with that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Flintknapper

Premium Member

Equipment
L2350DT
May 3, 2022
Deep East Texas

We need 87,000 more Border Patrol Agents right now, not IRS agents/employees.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
We need 87,000 more Border Patrol Agents right now, not IRS agents.
Put at least 1 more zero after that number and that might slow down the invasion to a level we can deal with.
Back on subject, I hope Skeets pays that bill as it's almost time for our royalty check to be paid :)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

The Evil Twin

Equipment
L2501, LA526,
Jul 19, 2022
Virginia
I think you are guilty of over simplification.
Example:

A billionaire businessman takes advantage of every tax loophole possible, including some that are quasi legal.
He gets audited, his tax accounting firm researches the tax code, and pulls some rabbits out of the hat, with him paying no additional tax.
Accounting/law firm earns $100K for defending him, and that is tax deductible following year!

Small time guy gets audited for a few hundred dollars, for items that there is disagreement on.
Small time guy has no recourse!
IRS threatens him, with imprisonment .
He cannot afford an accounting/law firm, so......he just bends over, and pays the few hundred dollars,

The wealthy businessmen number in the thousands.
The small time guys number in the tens of millions.
The IRS collects billions from tens of millions of small time guys.
The billionaires pay nothing additional.

That is what 87,000 new IRS agents will be doing!
You are OK with that?
There is a 1% audit rate for those making under a million per year. Those that make over 8 million have a 7% chance.
I don't know the closure rate for each bracket, but overall they collect in only 23% of the audits.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Case in point, recently I got a letter from the IRS stating they found an error on my last year's tax return even though it passed the TurboTax error check. Said I owed $719.26. So did I call my accounting team and get the matter cleared up? No, I could only afford to write the check and send it on its way.

I guess the $13,000.00 they already stole wasn't enough.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Case in point, recently I got a letter from the IRS stating they found an error on my last year's tax return even though it passed the TurboTax error check. Said I owed $719.26. So did I call my accounting team and get the matter cleared up? No, I could only afford to write the check and send it on its way.

MY point EXACTLY !!!

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
There is a 1% audit rate for those making under a million per year. Those that make over 8 million have a 7% chance.
I don't know the closure rate for each bracket, but overall they collect in only 23% of the audits.
Do you think those audit rate percentages just might change with 87,000 ADDITIONAL IRS agents?

Biker1mike

Equipment
B6200, Kubota 2030 Front Blade, King Cutter 60" finishing deck
Jan 11, 2022
Gallatin, NY USA

Tax software is only as good as the information you put in. Very easy to put something in the wrong place and still get a good to go. Sounds like you made an honest mistake and the IRS computer picked it up.
I know a few families around here that would love to make enough to have to pay 13 grand in taxes.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I know a few families around here that would love to make enough to have to pay 13 grand in taxes.
They probably would be fine if all of the people who wanted to have higher taxes on others would send them their money instead. ;)

Reactions: 1 user