North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
This is just my opinion. :)
You might want to reconsider your door latch setup! ;)
If you load it with dirt and anything that's pushing on it, it will bind and you'll won't be able to get it open, or worse yet it will open and push the doors open with so much force they will swing violently open.
Another point on that is you need to also pin the top of the door together as they will just get bent.

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Wolfman has a point,dump before opening gate and it can be a nuisance. Things happen.
Nice build, would like to build one myself, for handling my wood chips.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Mr Grit,, in MHO when you take a shot at one of the guys that's been there and done that, ,,that is offering you some hard won information you should just take it and say thank you for you input and move on.
Now being a dumb ass, and making remarks like that aint gona win you any friends, and that's a fact!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
2grit, hope you don't need any help on your machines in the near future, especially hydraulics. You may have burnt that bridge here.

Like suggested, might not want to go uphill loaded heavy.

Nice work, but don't get offended so quickly.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
2grit, sometimes it's the a-hole operator at the gravel pit loading something funky and causing you grief. Like over loading the trailer. A flip latch with a large handle in the center of the gate would be handy to have if someone puts too much in the trailer. Or a roller latch similer to what they put on a dump truck :D

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
mr grit,, in mho when you take a shot at one of the guys that's been there and done that, ,,that is offering you some hard won information you should just take it and say thank you for you input and move on.
Now being a dumb ass, and making remarks like that aint gona win you any friends, and that's a fact!
x-2....unbeliveable!!!!

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
2grit, sometimes it's the a-hole operator at the gravel pit loading something funky and causing you grief. Like over loading the trailer.
So true. I traded a guy a 60mile move of his 5th wheel trailer for some large rocks for my driveway project. (to be covered at a later date) He used a large Mahindra tractor to load about 20 rocks from 400-1000lbs each into his dump trailer, which I used for moving the rocks. He insisted on dropping the rocks in from about 4-6ft, instead of placing them on the deck with the tailgate open- no amount of discussion could dissuade him. When I attempted to dump the first load, the trailer was so bent that the tailgate would not open. Took two of us about 20 mins using 6ft J-bars to open them. When I returned for the second load, he used the tractor to straighten the doors, and then repeated his loading procedure, which caused the doors to jam again. Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.
2grit, hope your bridges are only mildly smoked, not burnt up.

2grit

Equipment
L35,U45
Apr 24, 2011
northeast
Only a dumbass would load it like that. Sounds like you've had some experience:)
Haha. I got the response I wanted and then some. I am sick of negativity on forums. Like your mother SHOULD of told you, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I've joined a few forums over the years and some are full of negativity. I just ignore them now. Before I wrote the above message I tried to delete my account on OTT. Not so easy so I'll just log off and be rid of it. It's ridiculous comments like Woofie said that are just all ego, no knowledge at all of what is before them except a picture. Hey Orange Turbo, learn how to spell.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
I really don't see how wolfmans comment was negative or egotistical :confused: He stated that was his opinion and for you to reconsider the latch. I completely agree that it would be a son of a gun, if something ends up on the tailgate to get it open. Then your stuck with a shovel which defeats the purpose of the trailer :rolleyes:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Haha. I got the response I wanted and then some. I am sick of negativity on forums. Like your mother SHOULD of told you, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. I've joined a few forums over the years and some are full of negativity. I just ignore them now. Before I wrote the above message I tried to delete my account on OTT. Not so easy so I'll just log off and be rid of it. It's ridiculous comments like Woofie said that are just all ego, no knowledge at all of what is before them except a picture. Hey Orange Turbo, learn how to spell.
2grit, hope your bridges are only mildly smoked, not burnt up.
Well, so much for that hope.
Maybe someone else needs spelling lessons.:p:rolleyes::D

Grouse Feathers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2370, FEL, Snowblower-BX5455, Homebuilt Forks, LP RB1560, LP GS1548
Feb 16, 2015
Lovells, Mi
You can't tell some people anything, because they already know it all. If you are not sure if they know it all just ask them, and they will tell you.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I really like to fabricate things and love seeing what other have fabricated.
I've learned from my own and others mistakes and like to pass along any knowledge that I've learned.

I don't have to build, own, or operate a piece of equipment to know a faulty or bad design when I see it, its called Knowledge not ego!

Ego would be to say " I could have done a heck of a lot better job at building that than you" That's ego!

Saying "I would have never built it like that" now that's negative and insulting.

Before I wrote the above message I tried to delete my account on OTT.
As for the Insults, don't do it again to ANYONE or I will be more than happy to accommodate you on that!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
mmmm.............

once again the door swings wide @ss open , yes pun intended...........
The build of the trailer is fine, I am sure - using common sense and balance and the the rules of physics being used....such as tongue length, axle placement, type of axle, frame material etc......

but as NIW said in a very polite way.......let me paraphrase .....the rear gate .....whats the word, ............sucks! No he DIDNT say that, I am saying that ..........

IS it built heavy enough?.....I am sure, but anything that pushes on that ONE lonely latch pin is going to be a cluster$%@# to open.......

so as he said, "just his two cents" .........

any load on the rear gate will apply pressure on the ONE 1/2" pin ? really? .....and pressure created on the top WILL bend the doors........so......... ok - sure I get it - make sure some dumb@ss doesnt load the material towards the back,

ok, sure I always remember that when I have a 8 foot trailer NOT to be able to use the last 2 feet because of a design flaw.

and as for the negativity ...............your comments are like a porcupine in a room full of balloons......... all you need is one prick and the hot air flows!

o, and as far as deleting a user.....does anyone know of a moderator that can handle that??????

last comment - people here are about as negative as the Pope talking about world peace.

Get off your high horse and enjoy the forum - cause in this world if you cannot take a little ribbing, then, well - you ought not be allowed to be here.

And if I have not been politically correct to you sir ....well then ...........
"besa me culo"

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Well,as Forrest Gump said, stupid is as stupid does.
And i have the t shirt, been there done that.
A portion of my work experience is fixing problems just like that, reworking poorly designed items that just make things frustrating.
That simple latch could be reworked so it would pop open with a flick of the wrist, no matter whats against it.

Dude,you were disrespectful, broke the number one rule on any decent forum.
Good luck in your travels.

koja

Equipment
BX25D
May 27, 2014
Fremont Mi.
I think the latch is just right for him . Stand right there and open her up ,,,,, you'll be fine !

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Haha. I got the response I wanted and then some. I am sick of negativity on forums. Like your mother SHOULD of told you, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all....
Not ever used one particular moderator tool...... but just did now. If it works as I understand it.

In support of NIW warning of permanent ban few post above; just banned 2grit for only 10 days. Explanation also given in PM

Last edited: