Has anyone used the product "sticktion elimanator.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I use Archoil AR5000 in my Powerstroke as well as their fuel additive. Stuff works. Never in my tractor however. Different fuel system.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Oh...YEAH..!! Definitiely gotta use that stuff! That’s why Kubota and every other engine maker insists it be used or their warranty is null and void and their engines will disintegrate.

Yep.... only thing is.... I cannot figure out how they get the snake to pizz in the bottle. Neither can Shell, or Exxon-Mobil, or Amsoil or Lucas... they’ve all been trying to include that stuff in their engine oils ... But the snake only does it in secret and why it’s called “hot shot secrets”...

I have a special arrangement with them so Send the money to me and I’ll forward it to them and save you shipping and postage. Make the check out to Thomas Tusser.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
They sell stuff like that for you to 'feel good' about buying it. About it.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
Use good oil to start with and you don't need a additive.
What oils do you guys like. I'm normally a Castrol fan, but I see a lot of Rotella going into diesels?

Also not a snake-oil believer, but Seafoam in the gas tank of a gas vehicle has impressed me.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
What oils do you guys like. I'm normally a Castrol fan, but I see a lot of Rotella going into diesels?

Also not a snake-oil believer, but Seafoam in the gas tank of a gas vehicle has impressed me.
Where in the Owners Manual, Warranty info sheet, or Workshop Manual ...do you see where Kubota suggests the use of such stuff?
It amazes me the folks that. Insist upon Kubota filters and Kubota fluids and high-dollar-branded motor oil.... but who use snake oil additives and consider that ”normal” or necessary... then worry if their warranty is any good.
If you need that stuff...then Kubota would say so.
They don’t.
You don’t.

If you‘ve got that kind of extra money laying around... send it to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital and help some kid fight cancer.

Reactions: 1 user

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Seafoam is a great fuel system cleaner. Can remove old varnish from many a neglected carburettor. It also works reasonably well as a fuel stabilizer for storage. But it doesn't really do jack in a clean system running regularly with fresh fuel.

Just my 2¢.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Seafoam is a great fuel system cleaner. Can remove old varnish from many a neglected carburettor. It also works reasonably well as a fuel stabilizer for storage. But it doesn't really do jack in a clean system running regularly with fresh fuel.

Just my 2¢.
So will ethanol/gasahol/E-10.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
Where in the Owners Manual, Warranty info sheet, or Workshop Manual ...do you see where Kubota suggests the use of such stuff?
1) I didn't say that, and
2) I'm pretty sure the guy that said it was being extremely sarcastic

Edit to add: I now see that guy was you. "Never mind"

So will ethanol/gasahol/E-10.
Not a fan in my older vehicles. The new car (2006) gets it, but the stuff from last century does not play well with E-10 (I should say "my" stuff from then--I have tried it in all of them). I have more cars than I drive, so they tend to sit some which is also not a good match for E-10. I would not put it in a gas tractor on a dare.

Last edited:

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
It amazes me the folks that. Insist upon Kubota filters and Kubota fluids and high-dollar-branded motor oil.... but who use snake oil additives and consider that ”normal” or necessary... then worry if their warranty is any good.
If you need that stuff...then Kubota would say so.
They don’t.
You don’t.

If you‘ve got that kind of extra money laying around... send it to St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital and help some kid fight cancer.
Better yet, send it to me, I'll blow it for ya.

I do use Powerservice antigel and Powerkleen biocide, not because I believe in snake oil but because it gets COLD here so anti-gel is necessary and biocide as well. I typically have 1000 gallons of diesel in the bulk tank.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Anti-gels and biocides are not only approved by tractor mfrs... they are recommended.
I”ve never seen a mfr’r recommend seafoam, marvel mystery oil, or STC oil treatment, etc etc..

I agree ethanol is not good stuff at all in older vehicles especially... but it’s a very agressive solvent and will clean fuel systems. The problem with using “cleaners” of ANY kind is that it sends the Junk thru the system...and that’s never good. If you have a “junk” sludge or varnish problem the best way to take care of it is clean the carb mechanically/directly ...not break everything loose throughout the system and send it all the way thru that carb, IMO. If sludge and varnish is stationary... then leave it alone where it’s not hurting anything.

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I”ve never seen a mfr’r recommend seafoam,
At one time, Seafoam was recommended by Evinrude. Of course, now they recommend their own OMC house brand (which, for all I know, could be rebadged Seafoam).

(Edit: to clarify, they recommended it for cleaning out gummed up systems, not for routine use. )

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia

Not to start a oil war but because you asked, I use Amsoil in everything I own. Not a bling change either. I compared Amsoil to what I was using and if I got better results I would switch.

I'm with you about the snake-oil. I've never believed in the miracle in a bottle type stuff. If I buy something I want to see real results.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Any oil that meets SN for diesel service in the viscosity your Owner’s Manual suggests. There‘s no reason to spend a lot of money on any oil that meets specs which you will change often and throw away. Your engine will outlive you and you’ll save $$$$$$$ over the lifetime.

Last edited:

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
another war

yes I've used the stiction eliminator stuff

waste of money if you ask me I found/felt/saw/heard zero difference other than OUCH MY CHECKBOOK

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
another war

yes I've used the stiction eliminator stuff

waste of money if you ask me I found/felt/saw/heard zero difference other than OUCH MY CHECKBOOK
Interesting. I notice a marked improvement in the cold start on my 7.3 Navistar HEUI system in my Ford pickup but the big difference I visually noticed is using the AR5000 Nano-Borate additive in the oil was how clean the overhead was when I pulled the valve covers to replace the injector harness 2 years ago. Looked new underneath perfectly clean and devoid of any blowby residue.

I use the AR5000 in my Kubota engines too, Maybe why the overheads are so clean, who knows.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
No war with me at all. What I use and what you use I'm all good with. Said before, your mileage may differ from mine and I'm all good with that.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2018
Texas
Interesting. I notice a marked improvement in the cold start on my 7.3 Navistar HEUI system in my Ford pickup but the big difference I visually noticed is using the AR5000 Nano-Borate additive in the oil was how clean the overhead was when I pulled the valve covers to replace the injector harness 2 years ago. Looked new underneath perfectly clean and devoid of any blowby residue.

I use the AR5000 in my Kubota engines too, Maybe why the overheads are so clean, who knows.
That’s hardly a scientific method since you have no control-group which underwent the exact same operations without the product. It’s simply another example of how a person will spend money on something questionable ...then announce success ....because to say otherwise would only prove we made a foolish purchase. (In other words, you have no idea whether or not that product gave you that result or if it would have occurred anyway...or if it occurred for some completely different reason.)