Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Steel track wear.
Not supposed to have any side to side flexibility:
IMG_0007.JPG

New track pad, blue arrow shows un-worn drive "hub".
hubanno.jpg

IMG_0008.JPG
IMG_0017.JPG

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
ALL of the drive hubs have been worn completely away, so that the .558 diameter link pin is what the sprockets are trying to drive. Some of the link pins are worn partially through, and the pins holes are wallowed out also.
IMG_0015.JPG

This pic shows the most common failure that occured, when the pin pulled through the worn hole.
IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0013.JPG

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
This pic shows a link pin hole already worn completely through on one side, about to fail.
IMG_0002.JPG

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
This pic also shows both the wear of the "cleats" on the bottom of the track and the wear on the top of the track from running on the bed slide.
anno 3 pad.jpg

groundpig

Equipment
hanix h-15
Mar 7, 2022
finland
tracks seem quite ready ... 🙈

i was wondering, how does the drive speed (overdrive) pedal work on your machine?
.. mine is a bit stiff to move down and returns occasionally to middle (normal speed) state when released, beforehand it stayed at the bottom if pressed... but it might have been full of goo. (also the pto pedal returs the drive pedal to middle state)

i just got my machine back in one piece after the 3 month service.... fabricobbled a new engine cover, bucket and quick coupler while waiting for parts 😄 undercarriage still needs some painting but maybe some rainy day...

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Drive accelerator pedal pushes down easily, and returns immediately to whatever speed was previously set with the hand throttle when released.
PTO pedal? You mean the pedal that would operate the hammer? (if I had one)
It does nothing at all.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I won't be doing any painting, except for parts I have made or pulled off for some repair/rebuild.
Too much other stuff going on, and any painting would require way too much cleaning.
For me, functionality is more important than looks, so it will stay a little ugly.

Reactions: 1 user

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Makes me wonder if you would be wise to order a second set of sprockets to keep as spares while they are still available...

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Makes me wonder if you would be wise to order a second set of sprockets to keep as spares while they are still available...
Without the ill-fitting (flat out wrong) steel tracks on it, I expect these sprockets will last far beyond my lifespan. ;)

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
The few times I drove this any distance, the right side tracks always had more loud "clanks" than the left side.
It also seemed that the drive speed of the left side was faster than the right, requiring a little "feathering" of the stick to go straight.
I am now convinced that both of these symptoms were caused by the right side track slipping on & jumping over the broken & missing drive sprocket teeth.

groundpig

Equipment
hanix h-15
Mar 7, 2022
finland
Drive accelerator pedal pushes down easily, and returns immediately to whatever speed was previously set with the hand throttle when released.
PTO pedal? You mean the pedal that would operate the hammer? (if I had one)
It does nothing at all.
sounds like mine is jammed badly, have you opened the cover to see the control rods operating the valves, does it have any springs in it? or maybe its just the valve body spring.. i dont have any and feels like its missing something or its just full of sh... things. but it works somewhat, except that machine makes some nice unexpected turns if one would raise a leg from the pedal at speed...

groundpig

Equipment
hanix h-15
Mar 7, 2022
finland
heres coupler attached to boom with new bucket on the front and old orignal one in the background

1653512333196.png

a closeup of the coupler, its crude but works, locking is done by the nut visible in the upper corner, it rotates a bolt that pushes a tongue into the slot jamming the bucket pin in place.. but on my defence, i only have angle grinder, stick welder and really cheap drillpress.. anyway, its first prototype so its meant to fail :D

1653512390200.png

buckets and thumb from another angle. had to modify the old original bucket also to accept the coupler... otherwise it would be too easy...

1653512539328.png

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
have you opened the cover to see the control rods operating the valves, does it have any springs in it?
I have had that cover off, but I didn't pay any attention to that valve set because I wasn't having any issues with it. I don't remember any springs in that area at all.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
tracks seem quite ready
They are ready to go on as soon as I can get to it.

I have been spending most days working on the in-law's house- cleaning up, sorting, selling, and throwing away tons of stuff. (literally)
Had a 5 hour garage sale last Saturday, with most stuff priced dirt cheap, and made $1437.
Trying to empty it for a sale to "cash only" buyers.

Realtor wants the wrought iron fence/gate removed, along with the block "screens" from in front of the windows, may start on that tomorrow.
Wrong time of the year for this, when it's up to 105F by 1pm.
house.jpg

groundpig

Equipment
hanix h-15
Mar 7, 2022
finland
Pretty impressive considering your equipment. :)
thanks!
i could say that im not a fan of drilling 30mm holes on 25mm plate 😁

if i may post these, i also did some polishing for the blade as it seemed to have lived quite rough life.. i got the inspiration from here of your machine which has some nice custom blade 😄
here its upside down and the bottom is just gone..

getting the thing off was a story of its own, it involved two rusted pins (as the blade attachment pins are not greased), exploding angle grinder discs, neighbours acetylene torch, bright glowing hot metal, beer and some swearing, but we got it eventually detached.

1653540449347.png

autopsy revealed a pile of 30 year old sand mixed with "stuff"

1653540476843.png

and after some minor touchups.. welded a 10mm plate on the bottom and on the lower edge, upper plate is support for the blade attachments as they were pushed through the original metal (blade skin was cracked where it attaches to the connectors)

1653540498902.png

Last edited:

groundpig

Equipment
hanix h-15
Mar 7, 2022
finland
I have had that cover off, but I didn't pay any attention to that valve set because I wasn't having any issues with it. I don't remember any springs in that area at all.
quess its just jammed, have to see if i could revive it, at least now its not totally jammed anymore as it was before 😄

everything in this thing seems to be either rusted or rusted solid...

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Wow, that blade was rough!
Looks great, considering what you started with.

Mine has a slight convex arc to it. When I asked about it, my BIL said he had it bent that way on purpose, so it would spread dirt out more easily.
If I was going to have it bent into an arc, I would have bent it the other way, concave, so it would tend to push everything into the center, so it would fill trenches more easily.
arcplow.JPG

Last edited:

groundpig

Equipment
hanix h-15
Mar 7, 2022
finland
Wow, that blade was rough!
Looks great, considering what you started with.

Mine has a slight convex arc to it. When I asked about it, my BIL said he had it bent that way on purpose, so it would spread dirt out more easily.
If I was going to have it bent into an arc, I would have bent it the other way, concave, so it would tend to push everything into the center, so it would fill trenches more easily.
View attachment 80777

thats strange design for a blade i agree, doesnt it have those stoppers at the ends 🤔 well... everybody has its own 😁