Guess I won't be buying anytime soon

New2Kubota

Nov 11, 2016
Trenton missouri
Kubota put the wallop on my purchase decision. Was ready to order a new M7060 open station 4wd with loader, but after 1/1/2017, Kubota got stingy with the rebates--plus now you have to choose rebates or 0% interest. That's the deal through March 31st anyway.
Anybody else have their buying decision upended like I did?

XSFMED18D

Equipment
Looking
Aug 17, 2016
Indy
I was told that there will be some unpublished programs (bonuses) coming down pretty soon. FYI

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
What was the offer BEFORE Jan 1? Were they offering rebates and 0%?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Kind of the "early bird got the worm" scenario. ;)

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
I warned you two weeks ago when you asked the question on 2017 incentives!

See that conversation permalink#5

The 0% financing 60 and beyond was retained which was better than years past. If they see things are not moving, they will start throwing out incentives to get the ball rolling.

Pat

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
If it was that close for you perhaps its better you didn't purchase it. Wait for a better time and keep searching Craig's list.?

Grumpyjoe

Dec 21, 2016
Miller
Many old dealers still have great package deals and the ability to offer deals that are not published. My dealer is offering things that come out of his end but are not available elsewhere. The rebates were nice but not that much of a deal breaker. Even the financing did not change much so I am still good to go. I am only getting a small BX but with some negotiations I am sure tomorrow I will be very happy. I expect delivery by mid next week. The base tractor is already on its way to the dealer. He knew I was ordering so he bought it a week ago.

New2Kubota

Nov 11, 2016
Trenton missouri
The money is not the issue as far as purchasing is concerned, it's the principle behind the issue that if Kubota could offer $2500 in rebates plus 84-month 0% financing a week ago, they could offer it today. Deere, New Holland, Mahindra, and Case IH say a collective "thank you" to Kubota as I spend the time waiting on incentives to improve to see what the competition has to offer.

The $500 difference in rebates isn't near as much of a letdown as the either/or scenario on choosing between the financing or the rebates. In doing this, Kubota is encouraging me to buy used as the "carrot" to buy new is gone.

We'll see if anything changes in the next 60 days. My local, long-established dealer has inventory getting suntans on his lot.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
If this is your contention, "The money is not the issue as far as purchasing is concerned, it's the principle behind the issue that if Kubota could offer $2500 in rebates plus 84-month 0% financing a week ago, they could offer it today."

you must really get upset when your bank changes their interest rates on loans, CD's and such!

So if the same principles apply, do you refuse to take a pay increase at work? I mean if you could live on what you made last week, why would you need more this week?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
it's the principle behind the issue that if Kubota could offer $2500 in rebates plus 84-month 0% financing a week ago, they could offer it today.
Do you get upset like this when any sale ends?
I don't get your "ticked off, been robbed attitude"?

Dealers and companies do not want to hold inventory over for the next year, it's a tax thing, that's why they offer great deals to those who buy before the end of year.

You chose to wait for a better ship to sail by but sorry to say you missed the boat. ;)

If you feel that you can get a better deal on a better tractor from others please go a be happy!

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
Do you get upset like this when any sale ends?
I don't get your "ticked off, been robbed attitude"?

Dealers and companies do not want to hold inventory over for the next year, it's a tax thing, that's why they offer great deals to those who buy before the end of year.

You chose to wait for a better ship to sail by but sorry to say you missed the boat. ;)

If you feel that you can get a better deal on a better tractor from others please go a be happy!
Exactly that, it's all about dumping inventory before the end of the year to make the corporation look good on it's last quarter earnings report. Also it gives more of an incentive for business owners or farmers to buy as a tax deduction if they did well that year. As the old saying goes.... You snooze, you lose

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Start of 2nd quarter theyll freshen up offers. But yes, the juicy offers ended 12-31-16.

I was told the 0 for 84 is still in effect, with 20% down. Honestly 20% isn't a big deal if your shopping for a tractor that costs more than most pickup trucks. Id prefer to wait for implement rebates to return.

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
I am trying to figure what this unpublished incentive is!:confused:

They only way to get more money without incentives is two ways:
#1 aged inventory if the unit is about 20 months old, than Kubota will kick in a certain percentage off dealer cost to help the dealer move it off the lot.

#2 The dealer can claim competition cash from the from the TSM. Which has to be approved and submitted before settlement.

Pat

XSFMED18D

Equipment
Looking
Aug 17, 2016
Indy
I was told by salesman that Kubota rep told him that there were some unpublished incentives coming down the pipe. Not here currently but in the future to offset the financing-or-rebates. So I guess thats 2nd or 3rd hand info but he seemed pretty certain. We'll see, well actually you'll see before we do. :)

Juiced06GTO

Equipment
2016 B2601
Nov 26, 2014
Sutton, MA
With interest rates going up some of these offers have to go away. It is supposed to cost money to borrow money. I lucked out and refinanced into a 15 year mortgage at 2.875% right before the rates jumped. The same loan now would be 3.25-3.5% just a few weeks later!

hiho silver

Equipment
Orange Tractor L3901
Nov 28, 2016
Midwest US
With interest rates going up some of these offers have to go away. It is supposed to cost money to borrow money. I lucked out and refinanced into a 15 year mortgage at 2.875% right before the rates jumped. The same loan now would be 3.25-3.5% just a few weeks later!
There is an historic move in the US Treasuries, Libor and whatever other indice you care to look at. The 'cost' to offer zero percent financing is climbing rapidly. It will affect many other items like inventory carrying costs as well which will influence how much inventory a dealer is willing to stock.

http://www.stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=%24UST10Y

New2Kubota

Nov 11, 2016
Trenton missouri
I didn't buy prior to year-end because I just started looking in November and did not want to "jump into" a major purchase half-cocked. I don't understand why everyone isis defensive-as a consumer, I'll exercise my right to either wait to see if incentives improve or exit stage right and buy from a competitor. Thus retraction by Kubota is fully within their right to act to maximize profitability, and I've discovered through other forums-namely the Kubota forum on Facebook--that the majority of readers are too dense to understand the value that was removed when they yanked the rebates PLUS the 0 financing. Over 7 years on my Model of tractor, it's worth at least $4000. That's a huge takeaway.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Interesting that all the readers on the various forums are "Too Dense" to understand that rebates, cheap financing and other promotions are ways that manufacturers use to intice people to buy. They are short term incentives. If they were meant to be long term, then the manufacturer would permanently lower the price of the item. I think everyone understands these programs and their values. They also understand that they can and will change except for maybe one or two "Too Dense" people.