Got Pissed Today

aaluck

Equipment
L4400HST, Bush Hog 276, RDTH60, Speeco PHD, etc
Oct 9, 2019
Snowdoun, AL
Also , never wound the assailant lest they find a good lawyer and sympathetic jury and send you to the poorhouse. A
Not good advice... Then the lawyer (though the estate) will sue you for wrongful death with will cost you a lot more. šŸ˜

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
ONLY if they PROVE you shot the guy......
real easy to destroy your weapon to where any ballistics pro ' CANNOT prove it was that gun..even just brealk it down , clean with gloves , toss a part here, another one there, ...... yeah , toss/burn the gloves...
and 'I came home and found him dead, called 911 after the shock of my house being broke in and finding him'..... state that a wad of cash is missing.... maybe 2nd badguy fought/killed the first ?
and of course, never ,ever take the stand in your defence.....

William1

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25D
Jul 28, 2015
Richmond, Virginia
Many years ago at my dad's house. His driveway exited on to the corner at the bottom of the hill. Ten feet in, you could barely see traffic. Cars coming down a hill tend to speed. Ideal place to a cop to sit and ambush.
Dad comes home one day, finds the cop car there, tells the guy to leave and not to trespass again. Next day, dad comes home, same cop is there. Dad gets out of his car (on his private property), blocking the cop car in and walks the 1/2 mile down the drive to the house. About an hour later, the watch commander or whomever shows up irate, demanding my dad moves his car. My dad calls the guy next door, a real aggressive attorney. That guy comes over and rips into the cops for the trespass. The attorney has a tow company come to tow the cop car and impound it!
Goes to court, the judge fines the police department Gives my dad compensation (like a few grand) and pays the attorney a lot!

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Hunters gun

Equipment
ā€œMy gun collection is bigger than your gun collectionā€
Oct 18, 2021
PA
Which went over like a loud fart at a funeral on Tuesdayā€¦

Reactions: 1 user

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
up here any tickets written while cop is on private property are tossed out in court, IF you ask to SEE th wriiten permission of the LAND OWNER for the cop to be there.
also
in a 2 cop speed trap( one with gun, other pulls you over ), unless the RADAR gun has an internal camera to record car and speed, those tickets are 'null and void' in court.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
We had the main driveway blocked a few weeks ago, they were out front for almost 3 days. Crews are running fiber all over town and we have the luxury of one of their breakout boxes on the pole out front.

I could have cried, I could have complained. I could have thought up some really super passive aggressive scheme. Instead, I drove around on the lawn and did nothing. Turns out it was the best for EVERYONE. I am sure everyone else in the neighborhood are eager to get the new fiber service.

Personally I could care less about the service as I have had a fiber loop to the DC for years now, so there is no immediate benefit for me, but the rest of the neighborhood will be tasting Gb internet speeds for the first time. I suppose I could have put up a stink and delayed everyone a few days.

Reactions: 5 users

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains
We had the main driveway blocked a few weeks ago, they were out front for almost 3 days. Crews are running fiber all over town and we have the luxury of one of their breakout boxes on the pole out front.

I could have cried, I could have complained. I could have thought up some really super passive aggressive scheme. Instead, I drove around on the lawn and did nothing. Turns out it was the best for EVERYONE. I am sure everyone else in the neighborhood are eager to get the new fiber service.

Personally I could care less about the service as I have had a fiber loop to the DC for years now, so there is no immediate benefit for me, but the rest of the neighborhood will be tasting Gb internet speeds for the first time. I suppose I could have put up a stink and delayed everyone a few days.
Ah....The Adult In the Room scenario; I like it !

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I could have cried, I could have complained. I could have thought up some really super passive aggressive scheme. Instead, I drove around on the lawn and did nothing. Turns out it was the best for EVERYONE.
incredible isnt it? acting like a neighbor, even for people who dont live next door :)

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA

Excellent approach IF there is an option to drive anywhere else than ON the driveway to get to your home...not always the case though...Would you have cared IF there was no way to get access to your house, and you had to park on the road somewhere for three days?

Curious, did they ask you if it was OK to block your driveway for days? If so, and if you agreed, who could argue with that? That is being a decent person.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
This thread got me thinkinā€¦

Few weeks ago I was sitting in my chair drinking beer about to go to bed. Was up waiting on a delivery driver (wonā€™t name the carrier šŸ˜)to deliver a package (isnā€™t uncommon where I live to get deliveries after 10 pm). I only stay up when Im expecting a package to keep the dog from waking the kids up when the driver shows up. They walk past an open window with a flashlight to my back patio and drop the packages there (which I appreciate instead of leaving them on the front patio, which is closer for them).

So that night I didnā€™t here the truck pull up, but see the guy walk past the window into the patio. He knocks on the back door (they never do). Ignore it. Little while later, knocks again. At this point dog is going crazy, kids and wife are upā€¦so I yell out just leave it out there, thank you! Hear the patio door shut. Whew, now to calm everyone downā€¦

Now the driver is at the open window, knocking on it and shining his light in. I wave. Knocks againā€¦So I finally go out there to see what he needs (its not a package that needs signed for or anything). He said he got a little problem.

He missed the entrance to my driveway and dropped it off into the ditch. Part of the truck in my narrow drive, part in the ditch at a bad angle, and part on a bad stretch of the road. He asks if I can give him a hand.

Ive been drinking all night, its pouring down rain, and my bota is sitting on the trailer hooked to the truck. Getting a tow truck out here to do the job at that time of night likely not going to happen in a decent amount of time, they would just send a state trooper or two to sit in front of the house with lights flashing all night to block the one lane of the road.

So I went and changed clothes, unloaded the bota, parked the trailer and head down there with the truck. Realizing Im even being recorded doing this šŸ¤£ (beer in hand). Get the chain, crawl down into the ditch full of water to hook it up so hopefully it would lift the right front corner of the truck so it would be less likely to continue to roll that way. Hook to my truck and start pulling. Manage to get him back up onto the driveway. He thanked me, I got my package and went back to the house and he got to finish his route and get back to his house.

starting to wonder if I made a bad drinking decision. Maybe I shoulda told him to go f himself, took pictures, call the company, tell em how worthless their driver is and send em a bill to have the yard and driveway fixed šŸ¤”

Steppenwolfe

Equipment
Kubota L3301, MX5100, RTV 1140, ZD331, KX-71, MX5400
Dec 22, 2020
Blue Ridge Mountains

Few weeks ago I was sitting in my chair drinking beer about to go to bed. Was up waiting on a delivery driver (wonā€™t name the carrier šŸ˜)to deliver a package (isnā€™t uncommon where I live to get deliveries after 10 pm). I only stay up when Im expecting a package to keep the dog from waking the kids up when the driver shows up. They walk past an open window with a flashlight to my back patio and drop the packages there (which I appreciate instead of leaving them on the front patio, which is closer for them).

So that night I didnā€™t here the truck pull up, but see the guy walk past the window into the patio. He knocks on the back door (they never do). Ignore it. Little while later, knocks again. At this point dog is going crazy, kids and wife are upā€¦so I yell out just leave it out there, thank you! Hear the patio door shut. Whew, now to calm everyone downā€¦

Now the driver is at the open window, knocking on it and shining his light in. I wave. Knocks againā€¦So I finally go out there to see what he needs (its not a package that needs signed for or anything). He said he got a little problem.

He missed the entrance to my driveway and dropped it off into the ditch. Part of the truck in my narrow drive, part in the ditch at a bad angle, and part on a bad stretch of the road. He asks if I can give him a hand.

Ive been drinking all night, its pouring down rain, and my bota is sitting on the trailer hooked to the truck. Getting a tow truck out here to do the job at that time of night likely not going to happen in a decent amount of time, they would just send a state trooper or two to sit in front of the house with lights flashing all night to block the one lane of the road.

So I went and changed clothes, unloaded the bota, parked the trailer and head down there with the truck. Realizing Im even being recorded doing this šŸ¤£ (beer in hand). Get the chain, crawl down into the ditch full of water to hook it up so hopefully it would lift the right front corner of the truck so it would be less likely to continue to roll that way. Hook to my truck and start pulling. Manage to get him back up onto the driveway. He thanked me, I got my package and went back to the house and he got to finish his route and get back to his house.

starting to wonder if I made a bad drinking decision. Maybe I shoulda told him to go f himself, took pictures, call the company, tell em how worthless their driver is and send em a bill to have the yard and driveway fixed šŸ¤”
Doing what is right is seldom easy... Good for you !!!

Reactions: 1 users

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey

that is one hell of story! talk about paying it forward. well done man

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572 box scrape, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC

I know I said it before but Iā€™ll say it again anyway. Being a jerk always focused on legal rights v what is right just makes life a lot harder than it has to be.

Kind of a funny story about folks getting stuck and needing help. We got fiber internet a while back. Provider plowed in a line down our private road then sent a separate lone workman a few days later to put in the drop to the house. I was at work, wife at home. She called and asked if I might be able to come home in an hour or so. Asked her if she had a problem. She said no, but internet boy does, he just ainā€™t figured it out, but he will when he gets done and he says that will be about an hour. ā€œInternet boyā€ was a young man who I wouldnā€™t have given a beer without carding him. He needed to get to the service boxes on the north end of the house. Thereā€™s a driving path down there. Itā€™s dirt, down a clay hill thatā€™s solid as concrete when dry and slick as greased Teflon when wet. It was wet.

He told wife he was there to hook up the fiber and was driving his van to the north end of the house. She told him she wouldnā€™t stop him but no way heā€™d ever get back up the hill in his heavy 2WD ton van. He told her he just wanted permission, not advice. Not sure exactly what he said but she got the impression he sure didnā€™t need advice from a woman almost as old as his mom. I told her if she was still in house clothes throw on some work clothes and Iā€™d be home in about an hour.

Sure enough he made it down the hill and got the internet all hooked up and running. By the time I got home heā€™d been sliding around for about 10 minutes all in a panic because if he couldnā€™t get up the hill he was going to have to call his boss to call a tow truck. Seems this wasnā€™t a first for him and he was pretty wound up about the consequences. Told him if heā€™d calm down and stop before he spun himself into more trouble than he was already in weā€™d see if we could drag him up the hill. Wife and I took the Mule down to get the tractor and a chain. She objected a little at first but I talked her into driving the tractor. ā€œInternet boyā€ was obviously a bit taken aback when I came back in the Mule and wife came back on the tractor. Being a gentleman I got the chain hooked up and she pulled him up the hill. He was quite grateful to not have to call his boss and pretty humble as he thanked her for pulling him up the hill she told him heā€™d get stuck on. While we didnā€™t laugh at him or give him any crap I think we both enjoyed the experience just a little.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Sometime back the utility company had contractors cutting trees along right away and the highway. was a hot day when they were on my place, I went down with some bottled water and told them if they needed to get rid of any wood they cut to dump it in the lower field. I wound up with about 6 cords I didnt have to cut. Some times a carrot works pretty good

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I know I said it before but Iā€™ll say it again anyway. Being a jerk always focused on legal rights v what is right just makes life a lot harder than it has to be.

Kind of a funny story about folks getting stuck and needing help. We got fiber internet a while back. Provider plowed in a line down our private road then sent a separate lone workman a few days later to put in the drop to the house. I was at work, wife at home. She called and asked if I might be able to come home in an hour or so. Asked her if she had a problem. She said no, but internet boy does, he just ainā€™t figured it out, but he will when he gets done and he says that will be about an hour. ā€œInternet boyā€ was a young man who I wouldnā€™t have given a beer without carding him. He needed to get to the service boxes on the north end of the house. Thereā€™s a driving path down there. Itā€™s dirt, down a clay hill thatā€™s solid as concrete when dry and slick as greased Teflon when wet. It was wet.

He told wife he was there to hook up the fiber and was driving his van to the north end of the house. She told him she wouldnā€™t stop him but no way heā€™d ever get back up the hill in his heavy 2WD ton van. He told her he just wanted permission, not advice. Not sure exactly what he said but she got the impression he sure didnā€™t need advice from a woman almost as old as his mom. I told her if she was still in house clothes throw on some work clothes and Iā€™d be home in about an hour.

Sure enough he made it down the hill and got the internet all hooked up and running. By the time I got home heā€™d been sliding around for about 10 minutes all in a panic because if he couldnā€™t get up the hill he was going to have to call his boss to call a tow truck. Seems this wasnā€™t a first for him and he was pretty wound up about the consequences. Told him if heā€™d calm down and stop before he spun himself into more trouble than he was already in weā€™d see if we could drag him up the hill. Wife and I took the Mule down to get the tractor and a chain. She objected a little at first but I talked her into driving the tractor. ā€œInternet boyā€ was obviously a bit taken aback when I came back in the Mule and wife came back on the tractor. Being a gentleman I got the chain hooked up and she pulled him up the hill. He was quite grateful to not have to call his boss and pretty humble as he thanked her for pulling him up the hill she told him heā€™d get stuck on. While we didnā€™t laugh at him or give him any crap I think we both enjoyed the experience just a little.
Those kinds of situations are what develops common sense for those who take the time to analyze their problems! Maybe you made him a better person!

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa

Thats what John Wayne would have done. Thats what I would have done. Good story. Look up a guy named Jordan Peterson who I "discovered" on YouTube this week. See what he has to say about alcohol. Pretty interesting. I largely gave it up a little over a year ago and am surprised by the difference it has made. For example when I go to parties now I find others a lot less interesting and am no longer among the last to leave. To compensate with regards to the noise created by the dog and kids I frequently wear earplugs in the house. Kind of funny.