Got Pissed Today

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
We bought the house next door with four acres some years ago. Being retired, I have been totally renovating the house, gutting the interior, super insulating the house, and so on. No hurry as we wanted the property to protect us from an undesirable moving in.

The one bad thing was that the other driveway was really dangerous, as it exited against a blind curve. And ours which was better, exited with traffic, but still was not good.

I put in a new driveway that was approved by the state, and is MUCH safer. It is shared by both houses.

So today I was at the house next door doing something, and as I had something to take next door so I drove my old van over. When done I was coming back and saw something that looked like a red line in the rear view mirrors. Questioning what I was seeing, I looked further and saw two trucks blocking the driveway, and following the red rope I saw two guys about 400 feet down the back, where the sewer line that went in about ten years ago is.

At that point I am pretty pissed. No way they should be blocking my driveway without permission. I asked why they were blocking my driveway. They said then knocked on the door and there was no answer.

I said move your trucks immediately. You have a 20 foot right a way, follow it.

The older guy went up and moved one truck, but drove away and the remaining truck was still there and he did not return. So I got the extra car, and blocked the truck in. And had a couple beers and waited.

Finally, someone rang the doorbell. I answered, and it was the young guy and maybe the boss, do not know.

I said I had a couple beers and did not think moving my vehicles was wise.

End result was i told them come back between ten and eleven in the morning and the driveway will be open. Take your truck then. Also advised the young one that sometime it is best to keep your mouth shut.

And told the boss that education of his employees would be beneficial. NO answer means NO.

Edit: I am normally a really easy going guy...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I feel your pain !

Last summer a company that place wires on poles had to go up and down a 15 degree incline at my property at the lake. There is the nice up and down on grass that is wide and easy to move up and down - and then there is the place that for 20 years has ALWAYS eroded and I had finally got it filled with good growing grass, the same one that I had 6 foot tall sprinklers on stands in the middle of the pathway......

so the sub contractor decided to go straight UP the hill that was wet as wet gets, he had to move the irrigation hoses and everything else to do - and those dually rear wheels rutted the living f@#$$@# out of the wet hilside ......... I was beyond pissed.

So - what to do....... I get on the phone, call the cable company that is selling these new installed line.....
wait 30 minutes to get a human ..........
explain everything.........

he asks for the address again ....... and again..........

he makes the statement - " we do NOT offer service in that area"

now he was a nice guy - and I told him in a kind manner - sir , your trucks have been in the area laying lines for the last two years!!!!!! He also made the comment that HIS company places all their line UNDER ground - and this is where I about lost it ............. I answered, you do realize that this is a lake right? 22,500 acres and you place those under ground too? He did not have an answer .......

so as I sat there in total #@$@# disbelief - I got on the computer and called up his company's website..........and sure enough, it CLEARLY showed service in their coverage map ........ again he assured me that there was no service in that area.........

if he was not so patience and nice I would have dropped a few F bombs on him........... but after the hour long wait and conversatoin, I said F it and spent another $100 fixing it again.

Now he is just a dude doing his job .... I get that but dayum - did he think I was making all this crap up just to talk to someone?????? He can only report with the info he has ..........

now the thought DID cross my mind to climb up the #@$@# pole and do some surgery on the new fiber optic line they installed so that they could come back!!! But alas my "niceness" said ..... that is not the right thing to do !

SO Henro - I getcha - I do understand your pain!

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
I feel your pain !

Last summer a company that place wires on poles had to go up and down a 15 degree incline at my property at the lake. There is the nice up and down on grass that is wide and easy to move up and down - and then there is the place that for 20 years has ALWAYS eroded and I had finally got it filled with good growing grass, the same one that I had 6 foot tall sprinklers on stands in the middle of the pathway......

so the sub contractor decided to go straight UP the hill that was wet as wet gets, he had to move the irrigation hoses and everything else to do - and those dually rear wheels rutted the living f@#$$@# out of the wet hilside ......... I was beyond pissed.

So - what to do....... I get on the phone, call the cable company that is selling these new installed line.....
wait 30 minutes to get a human ..........
explain everything.........

he asks for the address again ....... and again..........

he makes the statement - " we do NOT offer service in that area"

now he was a nice guy - and I told him in a kind manner - sir , your trucks have been in the area laying lines for the last two years!!!!!! He also made the comment that HIS company places all their line UNDER ground - and this is where I about lost it ............. I answered, you do realize that this is a lake right? 22,500 acres and you place those under ground too? He did not have an answer .......

so as I sat there in total #@$@# disbelief - I got on the computer and called up his company's website..........and sure enough, it CLEARLY showed service in their coverage map ........ again he assured me that there was no service in that area.........

if he was not so patience and nice I would have dropped a few F bombs on him........... but after the hour long wait and conversatoin, I said F it and spent another $100 fixing it again.

Now he is just a dude doing his job .... I get that but dayum - did he think I was making all this crap up just to talk to someone?????? He can only report with the info he has ..........

now the thought DID cross my mind to climb up the #@$@# pole and do some surgery on the new fiber optic line they installed so that they could come back!!! But alas my "niceness" said ..... that is not the right thing to do !

SO Henro - I getcha - I do understand your pain!
My pain is minimal compared to yours.

No need to make any corrections/repairs on my part. No damage on their part. Just aggravated me they would ignore peoples rights I guess. AND block my driveway without permission.

I moved the car blocking their truck on one side so they can come anytime to fetch their truck. If they do not take it tomorrow I will be unhappy. But I am sure they will as it is a business venture.

hagrid

Lifetime Member

Equipment
K1600GTL, ZX-14R
Jun 11, 2018
Pittsburgh
My pain is minimal compared to yours.

No need to make any corrections/repairs on my part. No damage on their part. Just aggravated me they would ignore peoples rights I guess. AND block my driveway without permission.

I moved the car blocking their truck on one side so they can come anytime to fetch their truck. If they do not take it tomorrow I will be unhappy. But I am sure they will as it is a business venture.
What township do you live in?

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
This illustrates why world peace is improbable . In our collective D.N.A . lurks the need to quickly protect our cave/home at almost any cost. The thing I consider now that I am older before I admonish anyone is that nearly 20% of the population has a mental health disorder. This coupled with the increased number of guns in circulation gives me pause. I am more apt to smile and say thank you in that situation. Maybe the guy coming back in the morning is home polishing his blade.........

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
This illustrates why world peace is improbable . In our collective D.N.A . lurks the need to quickly protect our cave/home at almost any cost. The thing I consider now that I am older before I admonish anyone is that nearly 20% of the population has a mental health disorder. This coupled with the increased number of guns in circulation gives me pause. I am more apt to smile and say thank you in that situation. Maybe the guy coming back in the morning is home polishing his blade.........
LOL.

I totally miss your point but to each his own. Let somebody park in your driveway without permission in front of your garage and see if you feel differently. Or maybe I miss your point…

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Anger and alcohol... what could possibly go wrong...
What actually went wrong is your perception of the issue… Actually trespassing on private property for whatever reason is unacceptable.

for some reason my phone keeps deleting my replies.

After ten tries I will leave it at this.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Anger and alcohol... what could possibly go wrong...
What actually went wrong is your perception of the issue… Actually trespassing on private property for whatever reason is unacceptable.

for some reason my phone keeps deleting my replies. Including this one maybe.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Yes an iPhone 13. I think I just updated to the latest software yesterday. This reply is going via the Safari app.

The other replies I was using a different browser, DuckDuckGo.
This site has been painful lately on iPhone from my experience…

NCL4701

Equipment
L4701, T2290, WC68, grapple, BB1572, Farmi W50R, Howes 500, 16kW IMD gen, WG24
Apr 27, 2020
Central Piedmont, NC
This site has been painful lately on iPhone from my experience…
Yeah, Safari on iPhone ain’t working for some of us. I’m using Brave on the iPhone for OTT now. There are probably other browsers that work. Safari on my old 8 isn’t getting it done.

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
I kinda find some of this amusing, particularly blocking the truck in, however, I still side with you Henro, and 85Hokie, that the inconvenience or cost to someone else by way of negligence or apathy is unacceptable. I was brought up and taught to make sure that whatever I was doing did not interfere with others unless I negotiated that inconvenience well ahead of time. These are the same points I was trying to make in another thread about the damage done to my porch when my Piranha tooth bar was delivered, and was pretty well flamed about being picky about something that I was going to walk on anyway. Well, it IS my porch, isn't it? I already paid for it once, and it was still new, so I don't understand the problem of wanting it to still look new. As opposed to the dually tracks in the grass that can be repaired for $100, this is a giant scratch in the middle of my porch which damaged EVERY board from threshold to the edge of the landing, on composite decking boards which are fiendishly expensive now. But, I got my ounce of flesh from FredEx in a check for the amount of nearly $600. It took nearly 6 months, but I was patient, and I won the battle. They're quite gentle when they put things on my porch now. THAT was the main thing I wanted, for them to learn to respect others and their property. I've asked that any time they have a delivery in excess of 70 pounds or larger than 2'x2'x2' in any dimension to just put it on the driveway by the garage doors (closer than the front porch anyway) if it does not need signature. They've said they would comply. We'll see, and wait for a new driver on this route that doesn't give a crap again.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I had a truck go sideways in my driveway, trying to turn around when they realized that it was a driveway, not a paved road. They were axle-deep in the lawn and mud. I didn't fight with the driver, but I did call the State Police, who responded with an officer. He checked the driver's credentials, which weren't in order, and told the driver that he couldn't drive the truck. The other fellow that was accompanied by the driver had to drive the truck when they finally got it unstuck. The officer told the driver that had this happened on a public way, that he would have gotten arrested for failing to have a license and driving on a public road. I am still waiting for the company that owns the truck to pay to fix the damage to the lawn. Calling the police is the best thing that you can do when someone trespasses on your property.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa

for some reason my phone keeps deleting my replies.

After ten tries I will leave it at this.
I had a life flight helicopter land at my farm without asking my permission to "rescue" the elderly neighbor who had nearly lost his foot after wrecking his golf cart. I did not find this unacceptable nor would most I believe. I rest my case.

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I had a life flight helicopter land at my farm without asking my permission to "rescue" the elderly neighbor who had nearly lost his foot after wrecking his golf cart. I did not find this unacceptable nor would most I believe. I rest my case.
you didnt have a choice

Last edited:

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
There is a stark difference between an emergency vehicle trying to save a life (or a limb) parking in your lawn or blocking your way for some time and a company (or private individual) blocking your drive. The emergency vehicle wants to get there and get out asap.

The company, unless given permission to, should at the very least park to the side on a dry patch of grass or keep a person next to the vehicle in case the owner comes back then they can ask the owner where they would like them to park. A private individual should have the cops called on them if they are trespassing because you don't know what they are doing or why they are there.

JimmyJazz

Equipment
B2601
Aug 8, 2020
Pittsburgh, Pa
Henro's saga brings to mind a great song by the band Drive By Truckers called Loaded Gun in the Closet. Give it a listen on YouTube. You won't be disappointed.