Gas powered Kubota Part 1

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
At my work they have a transfer deck that is powered by a Kubota run on gas.
They use the transfer deck for trucks to unload frieght that then moves over to a main deck loader that feeds the plane.

The deck requires a small tug to move it into position and the Kubota runs hydraulics and a generator. Hydraulics lift and lower the deck to match the height of the truck fro unloading freight. The generator mostly just runs merc vapor lights for night operation.

The Kubota is a DF972 rated at 32.4hp - Link for info
The generator is a Winco TB4000 rated at 4000 running watts - Link for info
That is a very useful link for anybody thinking of adding a generator, lots of generic information about required hp per watts. Example: 2hp required for every 1000 watts and accounting for an effeciencie of 80 - 90% due to loss in drive train you would really need 3 - 4hp for a 1500 watt gen.

The pictures will be a normal day on my ramp. They are loading and MD10 bound for Memhpis from Ontario, California (about 1 hour south east of Los Angeles)

I'm probably posting too many pictures so this will be a 2 part, this being part 1.

Deck not in use with Kubota in view

Another view of deck with tug hooked up ready for placement

Kubota, notice the hydraulic pump mounted on the left and hydro reservoir

Notice the spark plugs, no injecotrs :eek:

Kubota DF972

The Winco 4000w 120/240v gen, belt driven.

Last edited:

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Gas powered Kubota Part 2

Truck at dock and freight being removed to the cross deck. THe main deck loader for the plane is to the left.

Aft view of everything. You can also see a small tug with three dollies in tow. They just dropped off feight that goes right on the main deck loader.

Front view

Cockpit of the MD10 that is being loaded for Memphis

Last edited:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Re: Gas powered Kubota Part 2

And its all going to land over here on the east coast in 10 minutes

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Neat pictures traildust remember those links I posted they had a lot of manuals on gensets thats downloadable. Good size generator . enjoyable to look at and your company does a fantastic job of moving things across the country. Thanks for posting. Handy

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Love the photo of the cockpit of the MD10. :)
If you like I can take a better picture for you that doesn't have the sun in it.
It's my "Friday" so I'm off until Sunday night. For that matter, let me know what you would like pictures of and I'll take them for you.

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Neat pictures traildust remember those links I posted they had a lot of manuals on gensets thats downloadable. Good size generator . enjoyable to look at and your company does a fantastic job of moving things across the country. Thanks for posting. Handy
Thank you Handy! I do remember those links and now that you mention they have the manuals for the gensets I'll go back and take a look again.

The plane in those pictures was covering Flight 1215. A different tail number/plane will run that route but it goes Monday thru Friday and departs at or before 0237 Z...that's 7:37pm in Califonia. Z time is 7 hours ahead of me but for you it is only 4 hours. Good thing you are a night owl because you will have to stay up until 10:37pm to see the flight on this link.

Do you remember when I sent you that link a while back?

If you check the link anytime outside of it's normal flight time it will say how long ago it arrived in Memphis. There is also about a 10 - 15 minute buffer in there. For instance, if you check the link at departure time it will say it has not departed yet, but give it about 10 minutes and it will show. I think it's to keep the nasty people from knowing exactly where the plane is, I don't know.

Take care,
Scott

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
TD, that is sooooo kooooool :D:D:D
I love seeing the mountains in the background. I HAVE GOT to get back out there and see the area I "came" from. Hav'nt been there since I was four :eek:

ptwyz

Equipment
BX2660, FEL, tiller, disc cultivator, tine cultivator, rear blade, MMM, & more!!
Jan 7, 2010
McCutchenville, Ohio, USA
BTW, that piece of equipment is A W E S O M E:D:D:D;)
I see you keep it VERY clean. Nice:D

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
BTW, that piece of equipment is A W E S O M E:D:D:D;)
I see you keep it VERY clean. Nice:D
Thanks, but I don't have any thing to do with it. The ramp handlers use it for loading and the GSE mechanics maintain it.
The airplane is what I work on.

avi8tor

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2800DT, BX2380, RTV X900
Mar 14, 2010
Cleveland, Alabama
If you like I can take a better picture for you that doesn't have the sun in it.
It's my "Friday" so I'm off until Sunday night. For that matter, let me know what you would like pictures of and I'll take them for you.

Scott
I love photos of aircraft - I have a collection through the years. Any that you post I will add to my collection.:D

Max

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
I love photos of aircraft - I have a collection through the years. Any that you post I will add to my collection.:D

Max

Hey there Max,
I'll get some pictures on Sunday night when I go back to work. There are actually some shots I have been wanting to take from up at the vertical stab that I think would look really good.

Scott