Fuel prices

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
No, but they can stop issuing permits. Or hold "issued" permits for environmental studies etc.

2020 campaign - “ no more drilling off shore, no more drilling on federal land, no more drilling period”. Those were his word verbatim and he has done everything in his power (legal or not) to make it happen. That is why the prices started going up on day one, not 3 weeks ago as they would like us to think.
Funny that you mentioned the above...I just saw that video clip replayed again last night on the news. That was quite an eye opening (or eye poking) statement.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
From what I can ascertain from talking to some guys that work in the oil and gas fields, that the drilling is the least of the problem. The leased land doesnt mean there is either gas or oil, there to support a violable well. However to get to the point of drilling , even though you have a lease on the property. Is the spider web of agencies, state, local ,and federal, that have to be complied with before you even bring a piece of equipment in. An that from what I have been told is any where from 6 months to 2 years, thats if you have all the T's crossed and I's dotted. Now I am sure there are some submitted that are working their way through the spider web, but I doubt if they will be approved anytime soon, with the current administration in control. And I believe that control is the name of the game here,, just MHO

Reactions: 4 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Having owned land that had a Crude Oil well and a gas well, it's not all Rainbows and Sunshine.
They are messy, they stink all the time, they are noisy, and when they run out it's a huge pain to get the land cleaned up.

When the well was decommissioned for non production and they finally agreed to remove the equipment and clean it up, it took almost 5 years, they had to dig out 1.5 acres of dirt 10+ feet deep, then haul clean dirt back in.

Am I against drilling wells and producing oil, NO, but it comes at a huge cost to everyone.
We just can't keep stacking the deck against ourselves.
Something needs to change / improve for all of us.

Reactions: 1 user

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
My F250 needed filled. The pumps were raised from $100. To $125. before shutting down. I always fill until the pump nozzle shuts it down. So I then renter my card and top off. Last week I ended up putting in an extra 1/4 gallon.
I ran into that limit the last time prices were up this high. Would do the same as you but would top out at the maximum twice and then hit it a third time with a partial.

After a while I noticed that more and more places wouldn't except the fuel man fleet card.

Come to find out payment was being declined by the fuel card company for that second charge thinking that the station charged the card twice for a fuel purchase.

Gas stations were losing there shirts.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
2020 campaign - “ no more drilling off shore, no more drilling on federal land, no more drilling period”. Those were his word verbatim and he has done everything in his power (legal or not) to make it happen. That is why the prices started going up on day one, not 3 weeks ago as they would like us to think.
Mod edit: Final warning! political posting!
And that is the main issue I have with your censorship Wolf.

I am replying to a post. You didn't ding that post, or any of the others mentioning the administration, you single mine out.

In this specific case it is not possible to discuss fuel prices without politics. I suppose if you lived in a region that did not have a tax on fuel products and made no policy decisions that effected price - meaning there were no politics in it. Unfortunately, politics run very very deep in fuel prices where most of us come from.

Reactions: 4 users
D

Deleted member 47704

The only climate change is the political climate change. Has nothing to do with reality.

Reactions: 1 users

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
And that is the main issue I have with your censorship Wolf.

I am replying to a post. You didn't ding that post, or any of the others mentioning the administration, you single mine out.

In this specific case it is not possible to discuss fuel prices without politics. I suppose if you lived in a region that did not have a tax on fuel products and made no policy decisions that effected price - meaning there were no politics in it. Unfortunately, politics run very very deep in fuel prices where most of us come from.
YA Know what, I was trying to be nice, because I internally acknowledged that you quoted another post that was also political.

Enough is enough, have a great day!

Botamon

Equipment
M7060HDC12, John Deere 2020 diesel
Mar 26, 2018
Winnemucca, Nevada
From what I can ascertain from talking to some guys that work in the oil and gas fields, that the drilling is the least of the problem. The leased land doesnt mean there is either gas or oil, there to support a violable well. However to get to the point of drilling , even though you have a lease on the property. Is the spider web of agencies, state, local ,and federal, that have to be complied with before you even bring a piece of equipment in. An that from what I have been told is any where from 6 months to 2 years, thats if you have all the T's crossed and I's dotted. Now I am sure there are some submitted that are working their way through the spider web, but I doubt if they will be approved anytime soon, with the current administration in control. And I believe that control is the name of the game here,, just MHO
^Truth.
I worked in the mining business all my life. The sheer number of bureaucrats involved with permitting a mine is simply mind boggling. If someone finds what appears to be a good deposit of copper, for instance, once the permitting process is started it will be at least 10 years before any mining can begin. Expanding an existing mine calls for re-permitting, and that will take another 2-3 years. Almost anything can stop the permitting process - something as simple as finding an arrowhead on the ground where the mine might be. The permits cost millions of dollars. There is NO WAY that an individual can afford to do any of this - that is why, though so many finds of essential minerals are found by individuals, the best that individual can do is sell his claim to some big corporation that can afford the permitting process.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Who did you work for if I may ask, we may know some of the same folks

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
YA Know what, I was trying to be nice, because I internally acknowledged that you quoted another post that was also political.

Enough is enough, have a great day!
banned over a civil discussion in "off topic"?
what about the dozen people who berated a new member who signed up to help and gave him 4 pages of hell?

NHSleddog was one of the members who actually contributed significant information to the forum and also contributed to forum members in real life out of generosity of his own time, knowledge and willingness to help others.

Reactions: 6 users

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
Gas came down ever-so-slightly here recently.
I paid $1.679/Liter (Canadian) for the good stuff a few hours ago
(hi-test, supreme, premium, whatever you wanna call it) This is the cheapest gas in the province of NB, as far as I know.....at a Costco gas bar)
$1.28CDN= $1.00 USD
4.55L = 1 Imperial gallon
3.8L = 1 US Gallon

You can do your own conversions to see how good you have it !
(I am not looking for sympathy...but would be happy to get a "holy cr@p, I better stop complaining as THAT guy (me) has it way worse than I do)

;-)

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
Gas came down ever-so-slightly here recently.
I paid $1.679/Liter (Canadian) for the good stuff a few hours ago
(hi-test, supreme, premium, whatever you wanna call it) This is the cheapest gas in the province of NB, as far as I know.....at a Costco gas bar)
$1.28CDN= $1.00 USD
4.55L = 1 Imperial gallon
3.8L = 1 US Gallon

You can do your own conversions to see how good you have it !
(I am not looking for sympathy...but would be happy to get a "holy cr@p, I better stop complaining as THAT guy (me) has it way worse than I do)

;-)
It works out that you paid about $4.98 American for one American gallon of premium. That is less than we pay in my state. Premium gas just down the road from me is $5.499 American, per gallon.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Its funny, I used to leave my car running when I stop at the gas station to grab beer on my way home. Now I take the keys out 🤣 couple years ago nobody would steal a 2005 Ford Focus 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users