Frustration with waiting on new Kubota order

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I got an update this week. Now they are saying December 2021. At least we are making progress.

Will report back with any other updates
I was getting told the same thing calling dealers. I kept looking further and further away, ultimately landed on a large dealer who had the machine and loader in stock (lx3310). They are out there if you do the leg work.

Reactions: 1 users

JDHarless

Equipment
Kubota L3301
Aug 7, 2021
North Carolina
I picked up my L3301 with pallet forks and brush hog this morning. Added the pallet forks after they told me they didn't have the box blade i originally ordered with the tractor. The original order was placed May 24th, 2021, so 10 weeks from order to pickup. Dealer said the loader, specifically the hoses, was the hold up right now.

seankirbydp

Equipment
L4060
Apr 24, 2021
East Dover, VT
Yeah! So excited. I have been stopping by the tractor dealership every time we go into town. Yesterday I drove through their back lot and there it was. The GS2572 grading scraper I have been waiting 5 months for. I jumped out of my truck and ran into the dealership like a little kid entering Disneyland for the first time. I checked with the sales person and he confirmed that it was mine. Down side was its too large to fit in my truck and they are going to deliver it on Monday but I am so happy its on the ground here and the waiting is finally over. This was the last item from my new tractor purchase and one of the two items I needed the most. Now I can get to work on the new gravel driveway for my shop building.

I had been in contact with Kubota in Kansas and they were extremely supportive and supplied great information and updates on the status of items I had ordered. Stay positive if you are waiting for tractors, attachments or accessories. They are working on it and they will arrive.
What number are you calling in Kansas? I might give it a try but I am a day or two away from pulling the trigger on a used 6060 and cancelling my order of a 4060.

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
What number are you calling in Kansas? I might give it a try but I am a day or two away from pulling the trigger on a used 6060 and cancelling my order of a 4060.

Here is what I did:

I think the key point here is to be EXTREMELY polite and professional I told them I completely understood the position that Kubota was working with. I asked them if there was any way to obtain possible estimates on when the items I have currently on order might be available.

I went to the following URL and filled in the form with the information I had from my order (including
serial numbers where I had them).

https://www.kubotausa.com/contact/form

I received an email from an actual person the day I submitted the form and a phone call the next day. They were extremely helpful and very friendly.

There is also a toll free number but I did not try that but you might give it a whirl and see if you are able to reach a person. The toll free number is 888-458-2682

I wish you good luck.

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
One other note, the estimates they gave me were pretty much spot on. They appear to have a very sophisticated system that tracks every part and assembly.

benius

Equipment
BX2200
Apr 29, 2021
Iowa
I'm not sure what to do on my L6060 order. Ordered in late April, originally told the machine would be here in July...then September...now they said the tractor is almost finished but they don't know when the loader will be done.

Not mad at the dealer because I realize the situation everyone is in right now, but i'm thinking of pulling the plug and trying to find something used instead. I absolutely need the expense and possession of the tractor before year-end for taxes. And i'm starting to get worried about quality concerns as others have mentioned.

Reactions: 1 user

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I'm not sure what to do on my L6060 order. Ordered in late April, originally told the machine would be here in July...then September...now they said the tractor is almost finished but they don't know when the loader will be done.

Not mad at the dealer because I realize the situation everyone is in right now, but i'm thinking of pulling the plug and trying to find something used instead. I absolutely need the expense and possession of the tractor before year-end for taxes. And i'm starting to get worried about quality concerns as others have mentioned.
My guess, you will struggle to find a used setup the way you want it and you will be paying top dollar for it.

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021

Hang in there, its not fun waiting with little information. However, at some point it will arrive and you will be much happier with the new order rather than paying top dollar for a used piece of equipment that really wasn't what you wanted.

Stay strong! :)

Reactions: 2 users

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA

Can they bill you now and process the order without you taking delivery? Is that allowed?

Mike

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: Can they bill you now and process the order without you taking delivery? Is that allowed?

EA does that.......all the time, it's how they do business...

I have to assume you put a deposit down on the tractor, simply pay in full now. In Canada you don't have to have posession of an item, just have a bill of sale or invoice saying 'paid in full'.

dan_m

Equipment
BX2380
Jul 9, 2020
Georgia
After reading the stories here, I feel rather lucky. I ordered right when the inventory was starting to get low before the shutdowns drastically affected availability.

I ordered my BX2380 (+ 60" deck and FEL) from a small local dealer (2 locations) back in June 2020. They had the 2380 in stock at their other location. Took about 3 weeks to get the mowing deck. Then about another 3 on top of that for the FEL. They delivered the BX + mower. Once the FEL came in, they came back out and picked up the tractor and took it back to dealer to install FEL. After installation, they re-delivered - all for no charge.

It's not just the tractor and truck markets affected. Had a friend order a 5th wheel, after waiting about a month, was told the estimated deliver would be 12+ months. He cancelled and is still using his bumper pull.

Dan

Dwight Bremer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L4060 HSTC, LA805, L2195A, BH92, .5TBB, PF, 12K TAT,
May 16, 2021
Hardwick, MN

For what is it worth; the wait will soon be forgotten once you have it on your yard.

Have the dealer invoice you for the whole amount and pay the whole invoice prior to year end (for tax purposes).
Hope the dealer doesn't go bankrupt!:D

There is always something a person can worry about, but what has the worrying ever accomplished?

Reactions: 1 users

Jkend74

Equipment
L2501
Sep 22, 2021
Ohio

My dealer was able to split up the purchase of my tractor and a few of the implements that can’t be delivered. He has no idea when the backhoe/grapple will come in so ordered the tractor, loader, etc. and separated the backhoes and grapples financing.

Still gave me the 0% 84 month financing on the backhoe/grapple since it was “unable to be delivered”. I should get everything else this Saturday. They might be able to do something like that to get the bulk of the purchase in your hands.

benius

Equipment
BX2200
Apr 29, 2021
Iowa
re: Can they bill you now and process the order without you taking delivery? Is that allowed?

EA does that.......all the time, it's how they do business...

I have to assume you put a deposit down on the tractor, simply pay in full now. In Canada you don't have to have posession of an item, just have a bill of sale or invoice saying 'paid in full'.
My accountant said technically I need to have possession of the tractor by Dec. 31st to write it off on this year's taxes. Comes back "actually having the machine in service" this calendar year. Obviously I could probably fudge on this...

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
Thanks for all the responses. Last I spoke with the dealer, about 2 weeks ago, they did have anything. He said that they way the Kubota distribution, they don't usually ship until all the pieces are ready to ship but acknowledged that sometimes the estimates are wrong and they do get pieces in much earlier than others.
Apparently the loaders and the BH's can be often the hold ups.
Gonna to continue the squeaky wheel on Monday.

I drive a 30 year old Japanese truck with a non-usa diesel conversion and often when I need parts, it can be weeks to get parts from Japan, Dubai or Europe but I really did not expect 4 months for a new tractor.
That 30 year old truck a Toyota Hilux by chance?

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
Does anyone have concerns about the quality of the product we're waiting for?
We've been patiently waiting for a Landpride grapple since May.
Since employers are having trouble finding workers these days,will the stuff we are waiting for be built by seasoned workers,or new hires?
Hopefully Kubota will their deliver their legendary quality in these difficult times.
I am still puzzled how some dealers can get implements and others can’t. I ordered my tractor the third week of June. Got it the end of the next week with everything but the LP grapple (0660)
it came the second week of August.There was another dealer close to me that had one in stock but I wanted to get the grapple wrapped into my 84 mo financing package. Call around and see what other dealers have. Seems to me the shortages are not all the same.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Hang in there, you have until December 31 to pay for your tractor for the expense to count for this year. I would not cancel your purchase until you actually have another tractor lined up to buy, because the one you ordered could come in while you are searching for another one.

benius

Equipment
BX2200
Apr 29, 2021
Iowa
Hang in there, you have until December 31 to pay for your tractor for the expense to count for this year. I would not cancel your purchase until you actually have another tractor lined up to buy, because the one you ordered could come in while you are searching for another one.
Actually found a used and new 4066R with all the options I had spec'd on the L6060 I ordered. Would like to wait, but frankly i'm sick of waiting and I'm not confident I will get the new Kubota by the end of the year. I've got projects I need to work on as well and just want this process over with. I will give it to the end of the week and if I don't have updates probably gonna pull the trigger on the JD 4066R before they sell out too.