Frustration with waiting on new Kubota order

seankirbydp

Equipment
L4060
Apr 24, 2021
East Dover, VT
Anyone experience very long wait times on a new Kubota? I know, we are in a global supply shortage of seemingly everything.

I ordered a Grand L4060 on Feb 17th. It still has not arrived at the dealer. (supposedly due to arrive within the week). The salesman keeps telling me it is a lot of pieces, to be patient (tractor, BH, pallet forks). Seems like a really long wait, if it does stay on current schedule, it will be easily four months by the time they assemble and get it to me.

I priced the tractor through two dealers. They were within about a 1K of each other, so I went with the closer, smaller dealership. Wondering if a bigger dealer would get the tractor faster...

Thanks,
Sean

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I waited about 6 weeks for my BX...most of that wait time was for implements. Different dealers have different supplies of machinery and access to same.

I live in Eastern Canada, where I presume supply (and demand) is relatively low compared to higher population centers the more south and west from here.

For once, my location seems to have worked in my favor.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Sounds like my new truck, I ordered it over 2 months ago. IF it arrives on time it will be about 13 weeks from ordering to delivery.

it wouldn’t surprise me if higher volume stores were supplied before a smaller one.

Reactions: 1 user

seankirbydp

Equipment
L4060
Apr 24, 2021
East Dover, VT
Thanks. I am also thinking that the higher volume dealers probably come up quicker on the fill list. Lesson for me learned.

I called EA about a grapple a few weeks back and they told me they were 16 weeks (at least) from delivering. Has Covid really made more people "go back to the land"?
"

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I can relate. Was anxiously awaiting delivery of a shock and bushings.

Got delivery yesterday....just the bushings...no shock.

Website says shock out-of-stock.

I have bushings for a shock I don't have, or know the ETA...GRR.

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
I can relate. Was anxiously awaiting delivery of a shock and bushings.

Got delivery yesterday....just the bushings...no shock.

Website says shock out-of-stock.

I have bushings for a shock I don't have, or know the ETA...GRR.
I ordered 2 new hubs and 2 brake assemblies for a set of 3500lb axles. 3/4 items showed up. Ended up getting a refund “out of stock” email for the 1 hub. Had to order it from a different company. They showed 8 in stock when I ordered. Delayed 3 weeks because of that.

it seems like everything for anything is delayed.

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
My tractor and rotary cutter was in stock and delivered in early February. However, I got the grader/scraper 2 months later and the quick hitch 3 months later.

I know it’s hard to be patient. Luckily, my wife encouraged me to buy in January, but even then, stock was limited for most models.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
I lucked out with my 2021 L2501, I only had to wait 2 weeks for delivery after signing paperwork. Had I waited just one week to sign, I would still be waiting for my tractor.

It seems virtually every manufacturing industry has been negatively affected by the shutdowns (supply and production) and its taking longer than expected to get back up to speed.

I may have my tractor but, I’ll be waiting months for my new truck which I ordered in April. Originally it was supposed to be a 2021, now it’s a 2022. Oh well, I’m just gonna wait.

You can always call your dealer and ask to see what they’re waiting on. Is it the whole tractor and loader? Or, are they just waiting for implements? Perhaps they can deliver the tractor earlier if it’s only attachments they’re waiting on.

Mike

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Patience is a virtue.

Circles of control

• Love
Reactions: 7 users

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
W
I lucked out with my 2021 L2501, I only had to wait 2 weeks for delivery after signing paperwork. Had I waited just one week to sign, I would still be waiting for my tractor.

It seems virtually every manufacturing industry has been negatively affected by the shutdowns (supply and production) and its taking longer than expected to get back up to speed.

I may have my tractor but, I’ll be waiting months for my new truck which I ordered in April. Originally it was supposed to be a 2021, now it’s a 2022. Oh well, I’m just gonna wait.

You can always call your dealer and ask to see what they’re waiting on. Is it the whole tractor and loader? Or, are they just waiting for implements? Perhaps they can deliver the tractor earlier if it’s only attachments they’re waiting on.

Mike
What truck?? I ordered a Silverado with a 3L duramax. Couldn’t find one with the options I wanted within a 2-3 hr drive so I ended up having to do a custom order.

seankirbydp

Equipment
L4060
Apr 24, 2021
East Dover, VT
Thanks for all the responses. Last I spoke with the dealer, about 2 weeks ago, they did have anything. He said that they way the Kubota distribution, they don't usually ship until all the pieces are ready to ship but acknowledged that sometimes the estimates are wrong and they do get pieces in much earlier than others.
Apparently the loaders and the BH's can be often the hold ups.
Gonna to continue the squeaky wheel on Monday.

I drive a 30 year old Japanese truck with a non-usa diesel conversion and often when I need parts, it can be weeks to get parts from Japan, Dubai or Europe but I really did not expect 4 months for a new tractor.

Mrlunchbox

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2023 BX2380 loader/mower. Land Pride snow pusher, Kapteyn pallet forks
Nov 21, 2020
Southern Worcester County, MA
At work we are ordering large (45kw and above) standby generators. Lead times are up to 6 months... some even longer. Getting ridiculous for sure. But out of my control obviously.

Reactions: 1 users

denverpilot

Mar 21, 2021
Denver, CO
Pretty much everything right now. I got a bit lucky and noticed the inventory problems starting and ordered the new tractor and implements in mid March. Last implement arrived last week. Original estimate was mid August.

• Wow

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Talked to a guy other day looking for 10-wheel dump truck. Tandem axle.

Lead time could be 12 months....

He's also looking for tandem fuel truck. Cab & chassis, plus the tank body.

Could be 18 months on that...

• Wow

seankirbydp

Equipment
L4060
Apr 24, 2021
East Dover, VT
It's funny because I thought I was ahead of the game by ordering everything in February.

I did read an article that stated that if a manufacturer places an order for microchips now, it will take 4 months at best for them to get the shipment and longer if the product is not a cell phone, computer or auto.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
W

What truck?? I ordered a Silverado with a 3L duramax. Couldn’t find one with the options I wanted within a 2-3 hr drive so I ended up having to do a custom order.
Yep, that’s my experience also.

I ordered a F-250 Power Stroke. My local dealer had a couple at the time of my order but, not surprisingly, they were pre-sold. They only have 3 new trucks on their lot. Zero Super Duty’s. Crazy!

Mike

Bmarty

Equipment
MX6000
Apr 12, 2021
Texas
It seems universal on all aspects of business, I sell appliances for a living and see it happening on that side of the fence as well. Raw materials are at a premium, if you can even source them. Sales have never been better and we are breaking record after record each month, but the look on everyone's faces when they see these massive orders coming in and then knowing we have to source the materials to build them out is a little unnerving.

I am also waiting on a loader valve for a MX series tractor and implements, someone else at the dealership sold another MX and took the FEL from the one I was getting, they ordered a new one for mine, but it came with the valve for the cab version and mine is the rops. I tried buying it as is and getting the FEL put on later, but was told it has to be sold as a complete package for the finance options. What to do, What to do. Dealer is super nice and even offered to let me borrow another tractor until the part comes in, might take him up on the offer but hoping the part comes in quickly.

Good luck to all of us waiting on equipment.

Reactions: 3 users

Impala

Equipment
L3302 prior B2601, prior BX2230
Jan 16, 2021
WI
Ordered by B2601 in January. It came in this week. They are way behind and so is Landpride. It is worth the wait, have you seen how silly used prices are right now? I could list my B for more than I paid for it...

Reactions: 2 users

Newaterman

Equipment
LX2610 HSDC, Z422-54KW
Feb 14, 2021
Vermont
I got really lucky and only had to wait about a week for the dealer to source a couple items from their other locations/assemble. Then off course another two weeks while I was away at work for my normal rotation. It is insane right now, we just bought a zero turn as well and in the time it took us to decide on a model, four or five went out the door. Two weeks earlier when I had been in they had 40+ in crates, when we pulled the trigger they had five out front and one out back. Not many more at their other sites.