Frustration with waiting on new Kubota order

number two

Equipment
B3030HSDC L2501HST
Mar 26, 2021
Northern Lower Michigan
Does anyone have concerns about the quality of the product we're waiting for?
We've been patiently waiting for a Landpride grapple since May.
Since employers are having trouble finding workers these days,will the stuff we are waiting for be built by seasoned workers,or new hires?
Hopefully Kubota will their deliver their legendary quality in these difficult times.

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
Our local Kubota dealer (Eastern ND) has a number of new Kubotas (subcompacts, compacts and a few larger) assembled and sitting in the lineup for sale. But only one of which is a cab version LX2610 with loader. It's been sitting there for a few weeks now.

Rdrcr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 w/ S2T Turbo Kit = 35 PTO HP (Current), B2601 (Sold)
May 7, 2021
WA
Since employers are having trouble finding workers these days,will the stuff we are waiting for be built by seasoned workers,or new hires?
Hopefully Kubota will their deliver their legendary quality in these difficult times.
I’ve wondered this too. But, all of the equipment I have purchased throughout COVID19 and now, has been consistent with previous expectations and quality.

Mike

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
I'm at 92 days waiting for a new in stock tractor, loader & backhoe to be corrected. The backhoe is a disaster, the dealer and the factory are clueless on how to fix it. I have said before on this forum that the plant that produces the backhoes needs to be closed and the production moved to a place where people actually want a job. I wrote up a letter that will be sent to the dealer and Kubota later today detailing the issues and asking for a refund.

seankirbydp

Equipment
L4060
Apr 24, 2021
East Dover, VT
I'm at 92 days waiting for a new in stock tractor, loader & backhoe to be corrected. The backhoe is a disaster, the dealer and the factory are clueless on how to fix it. I have said before on this forum that the plant that produces the backhoes needs to be closed and the production moved to a place where people actually want a job. I wrote up a letter that will be sent to the dealer and Kubota later today detailing the issues and asking for a refund.
Hey @lynnmor, can you explain this some more? You got your tractor and Back Hoe but there was something wrong with the BH? What? My dealer is concerned that the Back Hoe is the biggest hold up in me getting my tractor. Thanks.

lynnmor

Equipment
B2601-1
May 3, 2021
Red Lion
Hey @lynnmor, can you explain this some more? You got your tractor and Back Hoe but there was something wrong with the BH? What? My dealer is concerned that the Back Hoe is the biggest hold up in me getting my tractor. Thanks.
Wrong pin holding bucket on, it was too short and NO provision for greasing. Thumb could not be adjusted to the highest position, so is stuck out like a sore thumb preventing proper digging. Boom and dipper stick collided where they join. Grease fittings were completely loose and painted shut. Hoe would drop down even with the engine running, cylinder or valves may be faulty.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 user

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I had two cracked hydraulic hard lines under the frame of my B2601 that needed to be repaired by the dealer, no drama. I got to talking to the tech who did the repair, and he said a lot of the stuff he's seeing from Kubota over the last 9-12 months has been rushed. The dealers have been catching a lot of mistakes, or poorly manufactured parts that need to be replaced.

• Sad

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Hmm. In concept, Kubota tractors are more expensive right now, but the tractor you're getting is maybe lower quality. I wonder if "COVID tractors" will be worth less in future - people will say "stay away from the 20-21 models, they had issues." My B2601 I bought in late 2020, probably manufactured in mid-2020 given shipping to NZ. I've had no quality issues at all so far.

ultra97rider

Equipment
B2401
Jul 3, 2021
Blountville, Tn
I think I am going to cancel my tractor, after reading of the latest problems. tractor was delivered, but I am waiting on the FEL. The tractor was damaged in shipment and I have been unable to get the dearer to commit to fixing it or providing a price adjustment.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
I was checking with my dealer on a few things this afternoon. First up was a hydraulic deflector kit for my Snowblower that I got in late January/Febuary. It came in late last week. Next up is a rear finish mower. Delivery went from July to August and now September. QH15. Want to swap my QH10 for it. Put my name down about three weeks ago and it's showing September/October.

He mentioned ordering a set of tires for another customer and they are showing June 2022. He also said land Pride isn't taking taking anymore orders for certain products like core aerators.

ncridgerunner

Equipment
BX23, finish mower, bush hog, box scraper, blade scraper, fertilizer spreader
Mar 31, 2013
Marion, NC
As we discuss the frustrations of delays... I'm hoping this covid-19 delta variant fizzles before our economy is greatly affected on top of the damage we have already experienced the past year and a half.

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
As we discuss the frustrations of delays... I'm hoping this covid-19 delta variant fizzles before our economy is greatly affected on top of the damage we have already experienced the past year and a half.
That's OK. There's the lambda variant coming right behind it. My greek alphabet knowledge is shaky, but I think it goes all the way to Z.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

seankirbydp

Equipment
L4060
Apr 24, 2021
East Dover, VT
Well, the wait (6 months so far, no end in sight), and the stories of new tractors coming in with issues, have me seriously considering cancelling my order and buying something used....

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
Well, the wait (6 months so far, no end in sight), and the stories of new tractors coming in with issues, have me seriously considering cancelling my order and buying something used....
If you can find one used, that would be an option. In my area, most used tractors are sold immediately, so that might be hard to find as well.

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
Go
That's OK. There's the lambda variant coming right behind it. My greek alphabet knowledge is shaky, but I think it goes all the way to Z.
Good news, there is only 24 letters in the Greek alphabet. The next variant would be Epsilon, which seems to have a very regal sound to it. 😜

seankirbydp

Equipment
L4060
Apr 24, 2021
East Dover, VT
I have a 4060 cab with backhoe on order and have been watching the local sales for months looking for something close in case my tractor doesn't come in. Nothing until now but something has just come up relatively close to me, a 6060. Would have to pull a loan for part of it (including interest which my new Kubota would not have) but I have wrestled on when to go an alternative route and I am strongly considering that at this moment. Snow flies here soon, not to mention all the work my road needs due to the heavy rains.

ddavis83864

Equipment
Kubota Grand L6060
Mar 3, 2021
Yeah! So excited. I have been stopping by the tractor dealership every time we go into town. Yesterday I drove through their back lot and there it was. The GS2572 grading scraper I have been waiting 5 months for. I jumped out of my truck and ran into the dealership like a little kid entering Disneyland for the first time. I checked with the sales person and he confirmed that it was mine. Down side was its too large to fit in my truck and they are going to deliver it on Monday but I am so happy its on the ground here and the waiting is finally over. This was the last item from my new tractor purchase and one of the two items I needed the most. Now I can get to work on the new gravel driveway for my shop building.

I had been in contact with Kubota in Kansas and they were extremely supportive and supplied great information and updates on the status of items I had ordered. Stay positive if you are waiting for tractors, attachments or accessories. They are working on it and they will arrive.

Goz63

Equipment
Kubota L2501, LA525 loader, QH15,Land Pride RCR1860, BB2560, SGC0660, forks
Jun 19, 2021
Mississippi
I was informed yesterday that my grapple that was ordered with my tractor will be delivered Wednesday. Excited for that as well. Took two months from the time ordered. .

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

dkpricer

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 26, 2021
Graham
I got an update this week. Now they are saying December 2021. At least we are making progress.

Will report back with any other updates

I just got told today that the LX3310 HSDC that I ordered Saturday (6-26-2021) with almost all the bells and whistles (loader, 3rd function kit, 2 rear remotes, etc) wont be delivered until FEBRUARY 2022. I said yes I still want it.

I don't think it really can take that long. Oh well, I guess I don't have to worry about waiting 14 plus weeks for the implements I ordered from EA now as they will be sitting at my office waiting for the tractor to arrive.

The good thing is this is a just for fun tractor. I have access to larger tractors to do whatever I need, if I need to do anything. I just wanted a nice little plush tractor to be comfortable around the house.

nota4re

Premium Member

Equipment
Case 580M Turbo; Kioti DK4210SE-CH; Kubota L2501 (Traded-in)
Aug 16, 2019
Newhall, CA
Supply and demand are tough in both the new and used car/truck market as well. Many people are leveraging the internet and broadening their search. It may well be the case that you can find the tractor or implement you want a few hundred miles from you. Yeah, there's an expense of having it shipped or going an getting it, but the price variation per region may still make that worthwhile.