EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
Just ordered a Piranha Tooth Bar for my B2650HSDC from BXpanded and yes they already charged my visa for $332.27. 4-6 week delivery expected, and I have no problem with the immediate charge to my acount, and the wait time. Just standard operating procedure as far as I’m concerned. But even so, I hate waiting for anything.

Reactions: 4 users

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Once one company does it and all the others see that they are getting away with it, then they all jump on the bandwagon. I ordered a new Maserati and it will not be available till 2023. Sure glad that they don't want me to pay for it in advance.

Reactions: 1 users

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
If you buy an Iphone from Apple, you’ll pay up front and wait for it to ship.

Amazon is the same way.
You pay when you order an item.
Amazon does not bill until the item ships. I've purchased several long-lead time items from them and NEVER got charged until shipment was confirmed, especially if it was from a 3rd party vendor. Maybe that's an idea, get something from EA through Amazon?

I've had three Iphones, but since I didn't pay for them, never had to worry about when they billed. The first was a company phone, and the other two were upgrades over a period of nearly 15 years.

Reactions: 1 user

freewheel3

Equipment
MX5000DT LA852, BX1800D, B6000DT, B6200HSTD, B7100HSTD, L185, T1700HX, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2013
Alberta
If EA didn't take payment up front, they'd have to pay for the materials and supplies out of their own money. This would affect their cash flow and purchase volumes, and would probably mean they'd have to charge more for their products to maintain the same profit margin. The way they're doing it now is probably saving the consumer a few bucks.
Pay a little now, or more later kind of thing.
Plus, the bottom line is that it is their business and they're free to run it as they see fit. And it is your business to spend your money as you see fit.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
Well, why you all debate if you should or shouldn't spend your money with EA, I was out using my grapple yesterday and accomplished a LOT of work.

20210403_102615.jpg

Yes, I paid up front, yes I had to wait, an yes it has been worth the wait and the money I paid for it. If I had to do it all over again, I would do it again.

The nice thing is, it is your money, your choice, do what makes YOU happy. The only one you have to justify your actions to is your wife.

Reactions: 7 users

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: If EA didn't take payment up front, they'd have to pay for the materials and supplies out of their own money.

yeah, that's normal BUT they'll have 30 day accounts with suppliers. Get the product built /shipped by day 29 and ZERO cost. When business is good, most companies work longer hours. I know I put a lot of 16hr days in to get products made 3 decades ago.

re: The only one you have to justify your actions to is your wife.

YOU CAN DO THAT !!!!???

Please ,tell me HOW !!!

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
re: If EA didn't take payment up front, they'd have to pay for the materials and supplies out of their own money.

yeah, that's normal BUT they'll have 30 day accounts with suppliers. Get the product built /shipped by day 29 and ZERO cost. When business is good, most companies work longer hours. I know I put a lot of 16hr days in to get products made 3 decades ago.

re: The only one you have to justify your actions to is your wife.

YOU CAN DO THAT !!!!???

Please ,tell me HOW !!!
I have a wonderful wife.

Reactions: 2 users

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
yes, I would NOT wait months for an implement. Seriouly doubt any real farmer would.
OK, their business model works for them as their customer base seems to be 'weekend warriors' and not 7 day a week farmers. I don't know of any farmers(yup, I'm rural) that would pay 100% upfront and could wait until after the growing season for the implement. Hmm, pay up front for a planter, then NOT get it until the snow flies ?
Take the grapple as an example. OK, odds are pretty good it's a one time( lifetime) purchase, so ONE per customer. Eventually everyone has one, so zero sales for that product (end of life term for computer chips). When sales of grapples go to zero, so does the business...unless you have a variey of products. when profits fall the shareholders( or whomever has an interest in the company) get upset, jump ship, take their investment money elsewhere
Got news flash for you, you have no clue what you are talking about when you say that you know what farmers do for equipment. A lot of the farm equipment like planters, certain hay and harvesting equipment have to be ordered to get what you need and the big companies only build them certain times of the year. The factory that builds planters produces them in G,H,I months then in A,B,C months they make mowers and then move on to something else. We always had to order planters by a certain time in early winter to make sure we had it by mid April. Same for other speciality equipment. So how is that any different than what EA is doing.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
It was my wife that said I should get a tractor, so do I thank her or blame her for me having to wait to get more toys to attach to it?
I would thank her for the opportunity for you to purchase more toys

drewzee87t

Equipment
L45 TLB, B2910 Turbo
May 20, 2016
misery
Everything I say sounds mean so I deleted. I have several EA attachments including the grapple and they are awesome.

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
The original post was about a grapple for a 26HP tractor. I assumed the grapple wasn't being used primarily for 'farming', rather say cleanup ,maybe windrows or such. It's more an 'accessory' , I don't farm, can't afford to buy the land. current farm diectly across the street has 34 acres, pricetag is $5million. Been recorded for 100+ years as some of the best bean growing soil in southern Ontario.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
GeoHorn mentioned custom made as well. But it does not seem custom work to me. It is the same product every time right? Not make custom for each purchaser's tractor right? I could be missing something...but is each unit likely to be a quarter inch different here, a half inch different there? That would be custom to me.

Actually, it sounds like it is a standard item, that they just cannot produce fast enough to meet demand.

Correct me if i do not see this correctly...just going on from what I read in this thread.
It doesn’t seem genuine (IMO) to quote ME in this manner... I was not specifically addressing EA-mfr’d items when I mentioned “custom” made.... I was addressing the practice of payment-up-front and how that might be appropriate when things are made-to-order.
I was not making any reference to whether or not “custom made” applied to EA.... so sending some sort of denigration to my comments in that regard was unfair, IMO, and is a diversion to the actual topic anyway.

Last edited:

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
Just ordered a Piranha Tooth Bar for my B2650HSDC from BXpanded and yes they already charged my visa for $332.27. 4-6 week delivery expected, and I have no problem with the immediate charge to my acount, and the wait time. Just standard operating procedure as far as I’m concerned. But even so, I hate waiting for anything.
4-6 weeks eh?
Just checked my order March 13, month ago, no sign of my tooth bar yet. :confused: part of the reason I ordered a month ago, would love to go play with it right about now. :geek:

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
4-6 weeks eh?
Just checked my order March 13, month ago, no sign of my tooth bar yet. :confused: part of the reason I ordered a month ago, would love to go play with it right about now. :geek:
Is the factory "move" or "opening the new facility" impacting things? I have not been following the EA situation closely.

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
It doesn’t seem genuine (IMO) to quote ME in this manner... I was not specifically addressing EA-mfr’d items when I mentioned “custom” made.... I was addressing the practice of payment-up-front and how that might be appropriate when things are made-to-order.
I was not making any reference to whether or not “custom made” applied to EA.... so sending some sort of denigration to my comments in that regard was unfair, IMO, and is a diversion to the actual topic anyway.
OK, maybe I misunderstood what you were saying. I did say "correct me if I am wrong" in my post.

Apparently I have been corrected! 😄

Still I don't think EA products are custom made though...not that it matters or even if that is related to this thread...do not want to re-read the thread to figure it out...

DeepWoods

Equipment
B2650HSDC Woodland Mills WC68 Wood Chipper
Apr 10, 2019
Bigfork Minnesota
4-6 weeks eh?
4-6 weeks was what was on my order confirmation. I ordered online and never spoke with anyone on the phone. Not for one second do I believe I will have it in that time frame with all of the comments and info I have read online about BXpanded. I’m not slamming the company, I’m just being realistic and will be happy if it arrives in the time frame they gave me.
I have enough going on this spring and summer, unrelated to tractor use, that if I don’t get it in 6 weeks, it really won’t have an adverse effect on what I want to accomplish this year

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I watched the weekly EA factory walk through this morning. EA is hiring welders and painters at $30/hour in an effort to keep up, and their capital investment outlay is significant at the moment. The only concern for me watching the video is the difficulty they're having buying enough Hardox steel to keep up with demand.

Here are my current orders with EA and I'll be sure to update this thread when I'm notified that they've shipped. I'm hoping that they ship both at the same time so that I only have to make one trip to FedEx with the big trailer.

2/24 - EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple $2,860 shipped to NW MT
3/3 - V2.0 84" Category I/II Severe XTreme Duty Box blade $2,101 shipped to NW MT

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
I watched the weekly EA factory walk through this morning. EA is hiring welders and painters at $30/hour in an effort to keep up, and their capital investment outlay is significant at the moment. The only concern for me watching the video is the difficulty they're having buying enough Hardox steel to keep up with demand.

Here are my current orders with EA and I'll be sure to update this thread when I'm notified that they've shipped. I'm hoping that they ship both at the same time so that I only have to make one trip to FedEx with the big trailer.

2/24 - EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple $2,860 shipped to NW MT
3/3 - V2.0 84" Category I/II Severe XTreme Duty Box blade $2,101 shipped to NW MT
Thanks for the info. My biggest concern is quality. Many new folks, rapid pace, etc. Someone is going to get the part from somone's first pass at making something at EA. Fingers crossed.

4/5 - Ordered Drum Style Lawn Aerator V2.0 48" (air-EA-tor)