EverythingMoneyAttachments. All the money up front?

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
***Current*** M6060HDC, MX6000HSTC & GL7000 ***Sold*** MX6000HST & BX25TLB
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Thanks for the info. My biggest concern is quality. Many new folks, rapid pace, etc. Someone is going to get the part from somone's first pass at making something at EA. Fingers crossed.

4/5 - Ordered Drum Style Lawn Aerator V2.0 48" (air-EA-tor)
I'm with you there. It's going to be near impossible to return either of the implements if there's a significant problem with them so quality is my #1 concern. I have welding machines and worked as a welder/diver for a few years so I can fix poor welds but would rather not have to do that.

I have an old CANOGA gas-powered concrete mixer made in CA at least 25 years ago and maybe longer. It's aN extremely well built mixer and has a plate riveted on to the engine cover that sums it up for me. The bottom two lines state:

"THE QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE PRICE IS FORGOTTEN"

EA's motto could add "AND WAIT" after the word "PRICE" ;)

canoga.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

PaulR

Equipment
BX 23S -- 100 hours seat time so far
Aug 3, 2020
Hadley, MA
yea. Looking for a chipper. They are all not-in-stock.
I have a feeling when they come back the price will be $500 higher.
oh well, thanks treasury printing presses.

Reactions: 1 user

davidmem

Equipment
Soon to be owner of Kubota B2601 Toro TimeCutter Model 7577
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
yea. Looking for a chipper. They are all not-in-stock.
I have a feeling when they come back the price will be $500 higher.
oh well, thanks treasury printing presses.
Inflation is alive and well, but the Federal Reserve Board and government think all is well.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
No worries. Emotions run deep on these forums .
when I first starting coming here after buying my L3800, however long ago that was, it wasn’t like this. It was pretty calm. It’s pissy as hell in here anymore.
I suppose I have a choice not to come I here, just like the OP doesn’t have to buy from a company who’s policies he doesn’t agree with.

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I watched the weekly EA factory walk through this morning. EA is hiring welders and painters at $30/hour in an effort to keep up, and their capital investment outlay is significant at the moment. The only concern for me watching the video is the difficulty they're having buying enough Hardox steel to keep up with demand.

Here are my current orders with EA and I'll be sure to update this thread when I'm notified that they've shipped. I'm hoping that they ship both at the same time so that I only have to make one trip to FedEx with the big trailer.

2/24 - EA 60" Wicked Root Rake Grapple $2,860 shipped to NW MT
3/3 - V2.0 84" Category I/II Severe XTreme Duty Box blade $2,101 shipped to NW MT
Just received an email from EA to inform me that the box blade ordered on 3/3 is shipping today via FedEx Freight so that's basically 8 weeks from the order date to the ship date. I saw on their YouTube channel that they were waiting for a bunch of DOM tubing so couldn't complete many of the grapples on order. However, this meant that they were able to work on other implements that would normally have been pushed further out in the build schedule.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I just received an email today that my subsoiler shipped. I'm waiting on one of those grapples :)

Reactions: 2 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I just received an email today that my subsoiler shipped. I'm waiting on one of those grapples :)
Yep, me too! ;) I probably should have ordered a Wicked Tooth Bar for the BX before the price hike.

MX6000

Equipment
MX6000 Cab, Wicked Grapple, Box Blade, Forks, Rotary Cutter, Rake, Tiller, etc.
May 15, 2020
Colfax, N.C.
I have several EA Products including the Wicked 60 Root Grapple and really like them. I didn't mind paying upfront. I had to do the same thing with FitRite for my Top-n-Tilt Cylinders and they ended up about 27 weeks out. But you get what you pay for....and they were all worth the wait.

Want along Lead Time Product; try to order a "Randall Made" Knife over 6 Year Lead Time last I looked. I waited 4 & 1/2 Years for 2 knives, but they are Quality Handmade Knives.

Reactions: 3 users

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I have several EA Products including the Wicked 60 Root Grapple and really like them. I didn't mind paying upfront. I had to do the same thing with FitRite for my Top-n-Tilt Cylinders and they ended up about 27 weeks out. But you get what you pay for....and they were all worth the wait.

Want along Lead Time Product; try to order a "Randall Made" Knife over 6 Year Lead Time last I looked. I waited 4 & 1/2 Years for 2 knives, but they are Quality Handmade Knives.
The longest I've ever had to wait for something (not including NFA items) was seven months for Hamilton Bowen of Bowen Classic Arms Corp. to work his magic on a Ruger Redhawk Alaskan chambered in .454 Casull. It was well worth the wait for the conversion to a 4" barreled beauty, but he didn't bill me until the work was complete. I would have happily paid upfront though. I sent him a Redhawk a couple of years later too.

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT

I ordered rear remotes on my B2601 for top and tilt. Do you like the FitRight actuators? I really won't need then until next summer when I level my field.

jaargh

Equipment
BX1880V w/LA344 FEL, BB1248 Scraper, RCR1248 Brush Mower, 60" Rock Rake
Mar 30, 2021
southern california
Lumber and housing are crazy where I live. Bidding wars on houses..... Lumber 3x. Everything on the internet is not always true..
Lumber has gon the way of hamburger... I can buy rib eye steaks cheaper than hamburger, and 60+ bucks for a sheet of 3/4 plywood.. insert favorite 4 letter word here...

davidmem

Equipment
Mar 14, 2021
Bethany, CT
Lumber has gon the way of hamburger... I can buy rib eye steaks cheaper than hamburger, and 60+ bucks for a sheet of 3/4 plywood.. insert favorite 4 letter word here...
Interesting thing to me is the federal reserve board just said they won't raise rates until inflation gets to 2%. I think are asleep at the switch..... House prices are rising, lumber prices, steel and labor shortages....... Whatever.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
2by4s are over $1 per foot...
3/4 ply ,almost $100 a sheet..
3/8 ply $60 , was $21 , preCovid
it's just price gouging or extortion as it don't cost 'them' more to 'make' the stuff....
the blister has to break pretty soon , and it'll be UGLY.. the depression of '22 will make the one of '29 look good......

B737

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310
Jun 9, 2019
New Jersey
I ordered rear remotes on my B2601 for top and tilt. Do you like the FitRight actuators? I really won't need then until next summer when I level my field.
I've only had my Top-N-Tilt for a few weeks. I spent 8 hours yesterday with my thumb feathering the toplink for a large majority of the day while spreading over 100 tons of material using only the rake. Rear implements, as a whole, are useless without top-n-tilt, there I said it :ROFLMAO: The end result of being able to adjust on the fly entirely changes the finished product. Absolutely positively worth the wait.

When you order from Fitrite, I would be sure to add the check valves. Mine do drift very slightly over a few hours. Also, for B2901, you may want to see if its possible for Brian to rotate the hydraulic fittings on the top cylinder 90 degrees towards the 'passenger side'. When they are on the top, they hit the rear cross piece between the fenders, which is remedied by raising it, or moving it slightly forward towards the seat.

Reactions: 3 users

greg86z28

Equipment
B2601
May 17, 2020
South Central Wisconsin
My dad is always griping about inflation these days as he says it’s a product of excessive government spending. I think he is slightly biased politically (I didn’t hear about inflation last year when the government was passing similar trillion dollar stimulus packages).

I have a hard time determining if it’s inflation or the pandemic that is causing the issue with high prices. I think it’s probably a mix of both. We are trying to build a house soon and my god is it out of control. We are getting rough numbers in the 225-250 $/sqft range!

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
Rear implements, as a whole, are useless without top-n-tilt, there I said it :ROFLMAO: The end result of being able to adjust on the fly entirely changes the finished product.
I have to agree with you on this and should have gone the top-n-tilt route when I bought the BX five years ago. I can be really slow sometimes and only this year added the chute rotation kit to the snow blower on the BX. And it took me 5 years to do the fuel filter upgrade!

When I bought the MX this year I wasn't going to make the same mistake so got the third function, three rear remotes and top-n-tilt from the dealer. I don't know if buying those upgrades from the dealer and having them install them is the best way to go but I have to pick my battles with lots of projects going on, and my day time job.

Yep, I think I'll add top-n-tilt to the BX at some point. Maybe order a kit from fitritehydraulics.com ....oh wait, I have to pay in advance! Well that sucks! 😂

mcmxi

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Feb 9, 2021
NW Montana
I picked up the box blade today and it looks good. The welds look fine and it's a stout implement for sure. The paint is on the thin side and it's missing in a number of places where it got rubbed off in shipping. I was able to lift it off the trailer with the pallet forks and then get it on the quick hitch. Here are a couple of photos.

Now just waiting on the 60" grapple ordered on 2/24.

mx_ea_box_blade_01.jpg

mx_ea_box_blade_02.jpg

Reactions: 5 users

silversurfer

Nov 22, 2013
Milburn Utah
Anyone that pays for an item prior to being shipped, is a fool. Too many business's used this model of selling prior to going bankrupt, and you just become one more of the long list of creditors. One more reason to deal with a reputable company. I would worry less about a company like Land Pride going under than a company that says the equipment has to be paid for in advance, and it will take 14 weeks to get it. That tells me that they don't have the money to pay for raw materials in the manufacturing of the item, and they need your money to get the materials, and possibly to fund employees pay checks.
I can hate that. I want a Pole barn Build they want 25% down over 3 month out to start. No way will I give anyone my business with this set up. I told them I would pay for all the materials when they were drop off at my property, they said they don't work like that.