Early BX2200 with LA211 FEL - loader hoses messed up

Dusty Dan

Equipment
BX2200, Dirt Master Backhoe, Essick VR30RE Road Vibratory Road Roller
Jun 23, 2021
Boise City OK
My BX2200 is one of the first ones made and the loader controls come off with the loader. With the loader off one is supposed to connect the power beyond port to the pump port as shown in the image. Is there a problem with moving the tractor without making this connection? Can one mow with it?

BX2200 loader hoses.png

BX2200 loader hoses.png

Dusty Dan

Equipment
Jun 23, 2021
Boise City OK
That is what I figured but was hoping that it was not so. Thanks

Dustyx2

Equipment
BX22, M7060, Landpride RC-2512, Woodmax SB84
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
Why wouldn't you? It's just one quick coupling to hook up and you need to cap the other too. Takes 30 seconds to do it.

Guess I should read a little closer. "Hoses messed up"

Last edited:

Dusty Dan

Equipment
Jun 23, 2021
Boise City OK
Happens to me too. The tractor has maybe 1700 or so hours on it. Started to change the quick connects and finished 2 of the 3 pair. The last pair is so tight I can't get them to come off. So I can't operate the tractor w/o the loader until I get that sorted.

This is motivation to have another go at it. The loader cylinders have leaked down since I got the tractor at 1000 hours. Now they are leaking fluid and the price of UDT2 has me motivated to fix them.

Thanks for replying just the same Dustyx2!

EDIT: The right answer it to replace the hose along with the quick connect that will not come off.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Dan - - - when you shut the tractor down, rotate the joystick around in all directions to relieve pressure on all the hydraulic circuits. It helps connection/disconnection.

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Those early Pioneer couplings are nothing but problematic on the early BX model tractors. They either stick, or the come apart when you least expect it, and the hydraulics stop working. I would get rid of all of them and use the flat faced couplings. Amazon sells a set of 1/4" male and female for $40 for the pair. They work well, and they even have a locking ring that you index with a tiny tab to release them. No more having a coupling brush up against a bush and popping apart. They are made by Summit Hydraulics.

Dusty Dan

Equipment
Jun 23, 2021
Boise City OK
Those early Pioneer couplings are nothing but problematic on the early BX model tractors. They either stick, or the come apart when you least expect it, and the hydraulics stop working. I would get rid of all of them and use the flat faced couplings. Amazon sells a set of 1/4" male and female for $40 for the pair. They work well, and they even have a locking ring that you index with a tiny tab to release them. No more having a coupling brush up against a bush and popping apart. They are made by Summit Hydraulics.
Agree regarding the original coupling.
I ordered and returned the Summit flat couplers after a mechanic friend said he had them and they were not worth the additional cost. Don't recall his reasons. I replaced them with a less expensive summit coupler.

1/4" NPT ISO 7241-B Quick Disconnect Hydraulic Coupling/Coupler Set w/Dust Caps
Brand: Summit Hydraulics

I have been using 2 of the 3 sets without problems for 2 years. At least for now I will stick with them. The needed hose(s) will be spendy enough.

Thanks

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
I modified my loader so the valve always stays on the tractor even if I remove the loader. So the couplers have not been moved in almost 20 years

Dusty Dan

Equipment
Jun 23, 2021
Boise City OK
I modified my loader so the valve always stays on the tractor even if I remove the loader. So the couplers have not been moved in almost 20 years
I have been thinking about that since I got the tractor. Could you be kind enough to provide a picture ?

Thanks either way

shelkol

Equipment
bx-2200, Woods BH6000 backhoe, Tach-N-Go quick attach bucket, snow blower
Nov 12, 2015
Westford, Massachusetts
shelkol.com
I have been thinking about that since I got the tractor. Could you be kind enough to provide a picture ?

Thanks either way
Pictures at: https://shelkol.com/MyProjects/TractorPictures/index.html but they don't show it well. I actually built a cab and permanently mounted them on the cab. Then I purchased another left side upright ( the one without the valve mount ) and replaced the right side upright. If you want better pics let me know

leveraddict

Equipment
2017 BX23S 60" LP BoxBlade 54" mower 60" BackBlade EA 12" 1 bottom plow & Forks
Apr 1, 2019
NEPA
Im pretty sure if you dont hook up to the power beyond the tractor will not move!

Boo 72

Equipment
BX 22 all dressed
Nov 23, 2021
Montreal, Canada
I want add a 4 way spool valve once I remove my loader set up so I can operate a snow plow. The spool valve I have has the PB port. Does anyone know which port gets connected to which of the tractor hoses. My thoughts are Pump port (B) goes to the P port on the valve, The tank port (C) gets connected to the T port on the valve and the Power beyond port (A) gets connected to the PB port of the valve. Please correct me if I am wrong as I love my tractor and don't want to damage her in any way.

Dustyx2

Equipment
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
When I use the snowblower on my BX22 I would take the loader off, and then take the post with the valve on it off of the loader and remount it to the tractor. There are quick connects between the valve and the loader. I then hook my snowblower lift cylinder and chute rotate to the valve.

Chanceywd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501DT BH77 VIRNIG URG60-CT 1950 8N
Mar 26, 2021
central ny

Boo 72

Equipment
BX 22 all dressed
Nov 23, 2021
Montreal, Canada
When I use the snowblower on my BX22 I would take the loader off, and then take the post with the valve on it off of the loader and remount it to the tractor. There are quick connects between the valve and the loader. I then hook my snowblower lift cylinder and chute rotate to the valve.
That is how mine is set up too, but feeding the control unit through the cab is a pain. I take the cab off for the summer. So, I am thinking of having a spool valve that stays in the cab.

Mikebx2200

Equipment
BX2200, LA211, BX2750D
Jan 8, 2022
Pennsylvania
Dusty,
I'm doing the same thing. I took the post off of my LA211 front end loader and I'm using the valve to control my BX2750D snowblower. This year I'm hooking up a hydraulic motor to my chute to rotate it. I'm using the ports of the valve that control the dumping of my LA211 front end loader bucket. When I push the lever of the valve to the right the chute rotates clockwise. When I pull the lever to the left nothing happens. I then switched the hoses at the hydraulic motor and the chute rotates counter-clockwise but not both ways like before. That told me that the hydraulic motor is reversible like the website said where I purchased it. Is that correct? Does anyone know where I'm going wrong and why the valve isn't turning the chute in both directions?

Dustyx2

Equipment
Feb 19, 2021
NE Wyoming
Dusty,
I'm doing the same thing. I took the post off of my LA211 front end loader and I'm using the valve to control my BX2750D snowblower. This year I'm hooking up a hydraulic motor to my chute to rotate it. I'm using the ports of the valve that control the dumping of my LA211 front end loader bucket. When I push the lever of the valve to the right the chute rotates clockwise. When I pull the lever to the left nothing happens. I then switched the hoses at the hydraulic motor and the chute rotates counter-clockwise but not both ways like before. That told me that the hydraulic motor is reversible like the website said where I purchased it. Is that correct? Does anyone know where I'm going wrong and why the valve isn't turning the chute in both directions?
Mine will work both directions on the dump/curl. The issue you are having is the "fast dump, regenerative" function. The valve combines some of the flow from one side of a cylinder to the other in an attempt to minimize air entering the cylinder when dumping. Mine is slower one direction than the other, but does work. I have no explanation why mine will work and yours won't. I ran into the same issue when I rigged the new blower up to my M7060. It will only rotate one direction, so I had to use a rear remote to rotate the chute and the dump/curl is the deflector.

Last edited:

Boo 72

Equipment
BX 22 all dressed
Nov 23, 2021
Montreal, Canada
This is just a shot in the dark, but is it possible that one of the quick connects on the control side is not letting the fluid through? Did you try disconnecting the hoses from the motor to see if the is pressure flow from both hoses?