Curtis Cabs -Buyer Beware

RichM752

Equipment
L47TLB
Feb 28, 2017
Mount Shasta CA
After waiting months for Curtis to manufacture and ship a cab for my L47 TLB, it finally arrived at dealer. Delivered tractor to dealer for installation. Dealer called today, Curtis shipped wrong windshield section. They did this to 5 different L47 units to 5 different dealers. So, 5 different dealers have 5 tractors torn apart, waiting for Curtis to manufacture/ship new windshields. This is a reason I have no problem buying goods from other than American source's.
In the meantime I have jobs pending, and contract for snow removal that will not be fulfilled if we get any measurable snowfall.
Unbelievable.

hodge

Lifetime Member

Equipment
John Deere 790 John Deere 310 backhoe Bobcat 743
Nov 19, 2010
Love, VA
Stuff happens. I would wager that every single member on this forum, at one time or another, has made a mistake at their job. Sometimes it's small, sometimes it's not. But, it happens.
What defines a company is how they deal with the problem. Is Curtis making it right? I don't think it's appropriate to bash a company before giving them a chance to make it right.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I understand your frustration but theres no reason to down the whole company. New kid, new innovatory system, improper number on the window part, incorrect listing from window manufacturer, or maybe a jackedoff employee, who knows there is a million reasons. Give them a chance to make it right. Thats like someone in here saying they had a problem with their tractor, and disses the whole company for one problem, like Ford and GM and every other company hasnt had a bad day

RichM752

Equipment
L47TLB
Feb 28, 2017
Mount Shasta CA
Well, they did step up. They said new windshield will be delivered Wednesday. Still, without a tractor for an unreasonable length of time, in my opinion. 45+ yrs of USMC,MSC, and USMM I'm a no nonsense type of person. Retirement's a bitch. Hardly anyone does it right. I'm too used to double and triple checking my work to ensure 100%. Everyone enjoy the Super Bowl.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
What do you mean, "Retirement's a bitch. Hardly anyone does it right."? What's wrong and educate us so we can do it correctly. And what's that got to do with a Curtis Cab?

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Well, they did step up. They said new windshield will be delivered Wednesday. Still, without a tractor for an unreasonable length of time, in my opinion. 45+ yrs of USMC,MSC, and USMM I'm a no nonsense type of person. Retirement's a bitch. Hardly anyone does it right. I'm too used to double and triple checking my work to ensure 100%. Everyone enjoy the Super Bowl.
You complain nobody does it right, but sounds like you were the one who screwed up waiting till the middle of winter to put a cab on your tractor. If you are that annal, you should have bought a tractor with a cab already on it ready to go, or at least done it before winter. Mistakes happen, join the real world where there is not unlimited supply of someone else’s money and get over it and move on. Sounds like Curtis stepped up to the plate to make it right the best they could. What makes a good company is how they respond and react to problems like this.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
bowhunter,,your right,, I was very unhappy with retirement, for about 6 months. You know getting up at 0400 to go out and catch bad guys for 32 years, kinda puts one in the grove, or rut perhaps. But now I still get up around 0400 make coffee and watch the world awaken. Something I was never able to do before. So yeah retirement is like going to a new post or assignment. There is an adjustment period Rich, I don't know what you did in the corp, but life back in the world is a lot different.

RichM752

Equipment
L47TLB
Feb 28, 2017
Mount Shasta CA
Jeez. Retirements a bitch was a joke. I guess my sarcasm doesn't translate in the internet too well.
Nobody does it right, another attempt at humor.
Yep, adjusting to civilian life sure is different. I'm just accustom to barking orders and the job getting done. Period. End of story.

NBKubota

Equipment
2650HSDC
Aug 3, 2017
New Brunswick
Yep, I'm only 5 months into retirement myself. Same job for 30+ years here too skeets.

Taking a lot of getting used to.

I still get up WAY early in the morning and have a coffee. Only difference now is, I add a little Bailey's in there! [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
Jeez. Retirements a bitch was a joke. I guess my sarcasm doesn't translate in the internet too well.
Nobody does it right, another attempt at humor. ....
that is why there is emoticons (emoji). Use them to relate sarcasm etc.;) live and learn:p

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Rich - -

You're correct - - sarcasm does not work over the internet. Learn that.

Now that you're retired, let The Corps chill a little....we won't mind if you use one of those emog things Coach talks about.:p:eek:

I'm with the Gubbermint for 31 years. Not the same military as you. I learned how to use them emog things!:)

You will find many other veterans here as well.

Best wishes Rich, and hope you continue to participate here!

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Nobody does it right, another attempt at humor.
Yep, adjusting to civilian life sure is different. I'm just accustom to barking orders and the job getting done. Period. End of story.
Whew! I hope so! I'm retiring in a few weeks and sure hope it good! 47 years fixing tractors is enough for this old guy!

Koopster

Equipment
2015 BX 25D
Jun 9, 2015
Heart's Content
Lol, I’ve retired a couple times, 25 years in the Navy, 10 years with another company, now I have my own. Seems I really have no idea how to retire :) But, I love, love , love the Curtis Cab I have on my BX25D. I live right on the ocean, and when that nor’easter blows in off the water, I’m plowing snow in my shirt :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
bowhunter,,your right,, I was very unhappy with retirement, for about 6 months. You know getting up at 0400 to go out and catch bad guys for 32 years, kinda puts one in the grove, or rut perhaps. But now I still get up around 0400 make coffee and watch the world awaken. Something I was never able to do before. So yeah retirement is like going to a new post or assignment. There is an adjustment period Rich, I don't know what you did in the corp, but life back in the world is a lot different.
First 2 months I really didn't know what to do with myself, it was cold and rainy (Jan/Feb) and I hoped I had made the right decision. The weather was better in March and I figured out retirement was a good thing and never looked back. Spent 35 years on a 12Hr rotating shift but have always been a morning person. Up at 4-4:30 every day watching the neighbors go to work now lol. Inlaws up in age with a camp 5 hrs away that I care for, my camp and property 2 hrs away, daughter lives in Tx and our son lives 3 miles away so I never have time to get bored that's for sure.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
Main reason I got the B2650HSDC was for the cab, this morning wind chill was -20F, had to turn down the heat while plowing. Sure beats the old 8N: face mask, insulated coveralls, parka, two pair of gloves, etc. etc.

As for "retirement", I had to do it twice to get it right.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yeah I remember my Uncle complaining about that too,,,, 3 inches of clothes and 2 inches of manhood,,,lol

GS419

Equipment
2010 Kubota L5740, 1986 JD 430 L&G Tractor, 1994 JD 7400
Mar 19, 2017
ND
I also had a bad experience with Curtis Cabs. I emailed them numerous times with a question on some window latches and never got a single reply. They completed ignored me!! I've since traded my tractor with their cab and will NEVER buy another.

rjcorazza

Equipment
L4060 HSTC Loader, ZD326, ZD1211
Mar 9, 2016
Hyattstown, MD
I wasted too much time with Curtis Cabs. They were totally unresponsive to my product inquiries over several months. Ended up just getting a new factory cab tractor, and it has been awesome.
As far as retirement is concerned, like skeets I get up early and "watch the world awaken".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro