COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
I started to read the article but was more interested in the little rectangle box in the middle of the first page that cited "Science's COVID - 19 reporting is suppported by the PULITZER CENTER and the HEISING-SIMONS FOUNDATION".
That's all I needed to read to understand the political bias of the article, and that's why the reader needs to know the POLITICAL influence on major, MAJOR topics, and how it is at times more important than the information the author "wishes" to convey.

Went back and read the article, and it's a CYA/Chicom bit of disinformation essentially blaming others for the Virus. I don't think ANYTHING coming from the Chicom's at this point in time can possibly be reliable. Lie to us once; ALWAYS a liar !

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

"The Lancet on Thursday retracted a study that raised safety fears over the use of a drug favored by President Donald Trump to treat COVID-19, after the paper's authors said they could no longer vouch for its underlying data."
That was published a while back. Be sure to read the retraction itself and the article that was retracted. It was a retrospective study in the sense that they scoured through thousands of hospital records for patients receiving HCQ with a certain protocol. The company that provided the computer programming to do the scouring could not provide data free of patient identities for peer review, and so it could not be checked out. The company was sort of discredited. It is discussed in this thread a ways back.

There should be some studies with patients randomly assigned to treatment groups, double blind, meaning neither the patient nor the person handing out the drug, knows if they are getting HCQ or a placebo. Look for those studies.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
It appears you agree, BUT, you always have to hedge; it was retracted BECAUSE. Maybe they used the EXCUSE of patient confidentiality, maybe the GRANT provider didn't like the conclusions of the study; maybe, maybe. Can you NOT see the political bias from the Lancet, I mean they EXPLICITLY cite President Trump in their retraction. Those "Foundations" that give grant monies to researchers DON'T do it blindly. Example: Gates Foundation. Bill Gates needs to be investigated, he's NOT ALLTRUSTIC ! One of his missions in life is to REDUCE WORLD POPULATION, what better way than through "vaccinations". Vaccinations are being associated with more childhood deaths and disabilities.
"According to the CDC there have been only two verifiable deaths from acute measles infection since 2000. During this same time period, there have been 104 reported cases of death after vaccination for measles".

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
That was published a while back. Be sure to read the retraction itself and the article that was retracted. It was a retrospective study in the sense that they scoured through thousands of hospital records for patients receiving HCQ with a certain protocol. The company that provided the computer programming to do the scouring could not provide data free of patient identities for peer review, and so it could not be checked out. The company was sort of discredited. It is discussed in this thread a ways back.

There should be some studies with patients randomly assigned to treatment groups, double blind, meaning neither the patient nor the person handing out the drug, knows if they are getting HCQ or a placebo. Look for those studies.
Lancet. 2020; (published online May 22.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
It appears you agree, BUT, you always have to hedge; it was retracted BECAUSE. Maybe they used the EXCUSE of patient confidentiality, maybe the GRANT provider didn't like the conclusions of the study; maybe, maybe. Can you NOT see the political bias from the Lancet, I mean they EXPLICITLY cite President Trump in their retraction. Those "Foundations" that give grant monies to researchers DON'T do it blindly. Example: Gates Foundation. Bill Gates needs to be investigated, he's NOT ALLTRUSTIC ! One of his missions in life is to REDUCE WORLD POPULATION, what better way than through "vaccinations". Vaccinations are being associated with more childhood deaths and disabilities.
"According to the CDC there have been only two verifiable deaths from acute measles infection since 2000. During this same time period, there have been 104 reported cases of death after vaccination for measles".
The retraction itself does not mention Trump. The sentence you cut and pasted appears to have come from some place else. If you want to see a Machiavellian plot in every publication I can't help that. But for other readers, please read both the retraction and the original piece of work. It was a good thing to retract, if there was a shadow of doubt about the findings it has to go.

Reactions: 1 user

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
The retraction itself does not mention Trump. The sentence you cut and pasted appears to have come from some place else. If you want to see a Machiavellian plot in every publication I can't help that. But for other readers, please read both the retraction and the original piece of work. It was a good thing to retract, if there was a shadow of doubt about the findings it has to go.
I did read the piece in it's entirety. The "Machiavellian plot" is entirely in your eyes. Again, I can post what I read, even cite the article and you continue to stretch for your vision, even if it's not in the article.

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
In covid time May 22 is a while back.
Can you cite an article to support your contention that less than 2 months ago is a while back? If you mean a lot has changed in 2 months, I'd say support that theory, cause it seems to me that NOTHING has changed. Still have the faction that wants to flood the media (media complicit) with "one sided" information.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Covid...
BLM riots...
Antifa...
De-funding the police...
Pushing fear at every possible opportunity...
Censoring expression of opinion...
Mainstream media propaganda and non-stop attacks...
Lies by omission...
Human trafficking...
Pedophilia...
And so very much more...

It's all related. I see many of our Orange family members are awakening. Many are still in disbelief. That is understandable. Believe me when I say: This is not about politics.

It is about CONTROL.

Open your mind. Question what you hear and especially what you see. Seek the whole story and question why it's not being told. Why are some voices being forcibly silenced? Why does the MSM all tell the same story, most often using the very same sentences? Notice a thread of truth is often used in an otherwise non-factual story.

NOTHING can stop what is coming. NOTHING. Some say our country cannot survive another day of this. I believe we will survive and be better for having gone through what we are about to experience. But, between now and November 3rd, things are going to get far far worse. And they may continue to worsen after the election as the progenitors of the chaos we are experiencing get more and more desperate as they see their power and control slipping away. Forget politics. Look at this as a titanic struggle for world power and everyday power and control over simplest detail of your private day-to-day life. Change your vantage point and the truth you find will set you free.

God bless each and every Orange member and their families. Ripping this Band-Aid off is going to hurt us all.

Reactions: 2 users

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Well since some of you feel free to post what I consider to be politically motivated drivel, let me indicate that not all of us agree. In other words, I intend to sink to the low level in posts above, posting nasty memes and cartoons too. Sparky, some posts back you asked the question, so who would be motivated to publish such things, implying it must be a conspiracy of the anti Trump dems. Well the main conspiracy going on is Russia and China seeking to destroy the US, and the easiest way is to sow dissension, and let us do it ourselves. My only remorse in posting what I really think about those of you calling people names, is that it will not help with the real problem, and you all will no doubt respond by getting even nastier and stupider.

What I see (and many other people) is a group of Trump supporters who have drunk the Trump coolaide clutching at every straw they can find to support his and your behavior, especially with regard to the pandemic. Oh its just the flu, it'll disappear. Masks? Oh I don't need one. Now who are sheeple?

The so called resources you appear to be reading are crooked. You believe MSM is slanted, because so many people affiliated with them positively loathe Trump, and make no bones out of it. Ever occur to you there are good reasons for people to feel that way? I can respect people who have views that differ from mine on abortion, government regs, gun control, best health care etc, and think we could sit down and create compromises. I can not respect those of you who continue to support a person and ideas that I think are destroying our country. Trump is a self serving crook. For the love of mike consider the possibility that he and his family and cronies are a mistake.

Here is an MSM OPINION piece. I am sure like Trump you will hate the Washington Post, but they label articles as Opinion, when it is one person's view point. Others labeled analysis include more facts and references. But it will give you some idea why many of us find the administration's recent behaviors beyond the pale. I actually think he is mentally ill. Just listen to him try to string bits of sentences together. They make no sense.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-must-be-you-still-be-defending-donald-trump/

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.