COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2620, fel, RB1560, Piranha Tooth Bar
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
HOAX! He is a REPUBLICAN. He did NOT “Mandate” because he simultaneously CANCELLED the authority for county judges and mayors to ENFORCE the “strong recommendation”.

All you guys who imagine yourselves smarter about viruses than the scientists and health professionals and want to believe in speedy “herd immunity” by cancelling/ignoring those professionals... I have a suggestion for You: GET IT OVER WITH! Go FIND a Covid-19 victim and KISS them on the LIPS and GET YOURS!
But STAY HOME after you do that and buy that Colonial Life burial policy for yourself to save financial burden on family and friends who you’ve victimized.

However, pendoreille.... thanks for recognizing that Democrats are sensible thinkers.
read my other posts buddy? I am science all the way. you are preaching to the choir here!

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Hell I am just bored...raining for two or so weeks, need outside, split and stack 2021 firewood. I need to mow the pasture, watch the carrots grow and here I am, on occasion I like to poke a hornets nest.
Sometimes I get stung. on occasion I get poked but mostly I laugh a lot. If you ware a suit and tie do not come in my house. If you have mud on your boots or are not afraid to crawl under my tractor then come on in and we will have a cup and figure this stuff out.

Reactions: 1 user

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Everything is political posturing. That's why we need to look at science. Figure this out.
Herd immunity 4 1/2 years without a vaccine and then if you can build an immunity. I would believe all the BS coming from political elite if I were not so old. I take all politics, left right center with the size of covid19 virus. With that said when it quits raining I will go back to watching my carrots grow. Many years ago I blew up the tv, my phone, my computer may be next. I do like the research capabilities thou. My main concern is not infecting my wife. I will do that with all tools and experience at hand.
A good 1/2 inch drive air impact gun is a good tool to assure not passing along any infection.
That and a 10 hp compressor. Works with my wife I'll tell ya!

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
We should definately treat this cold like no other cold in history.

You guys are funny.

First time in history we let a flu close us down. And the closing down will only prolong it.

First time in over 100 years they drop the "fever" temperature, that alone generated thousands and thousands of "covid admittance numbers.

So far there has been mis-counting in every state. All of it over counting.

About the only thing that scares me on this one is how easily people are lead with bad data.

Regardless of all the bad numbers, the future boogy men etc. IT IS STILL A FLU. I don't live in a vacuum, my wife works all day at the hospital, my niece works all day at a hospital, my SIL works in a long term care facility, my neighbor and good friend is a doctor. None of them are scared.

Are you guys scared of falling or flying objects? Just wondering.

Reactions: 1 user

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
GET IT OVER WITH! Go FIND a Covid-19 victim and KISS them on the LIPS and GET YOURS!
But STAY HOME after you do that and buy that Colonial Life burial policy for yourself to save financial burden on family and friends who you’ve victimized.
That makes 3 members now ive seen wishing death ,sickness or suffering on other members because of a different viewpoint.
Reminds me of little kids in a temper tantrum throwing stuff...lol

Reactions: 1 users

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
HOAX! He is a REPUBLICAN. He did NOT “Mandate” because he simultaneously CANCELLED the authority for county judges and mayors to ENFORCE the “strong recommendation”.

All you guys who imagine yourselves smarter about viruses than the scientists and health professionals and want to believe in speedy “herd immunity” by cancelling/ignoring those professionals... I have a suggestion for You: GET IT OVER WITH! Go FIND a Covid-19 victim and KISS them on the LIPS and GET YOURS!

Thank you George....

However, pendoreille.... thanks for recognizing that Democrats are sensible thinkers.
Kind of what Fauci said late last week Get over it. Trump has politicized the mask issue by not wearing one. In my view, he totally screwed the pooch on the whole thing and I also think it will bite him in the butt November 15th.

He let his ego get in the way of rational thinking. Very bad for any President to do.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
He closed the bars after letting them reopen for I think a week. A few didnt close so they lost thier license for 30 days, going out of business with or without a liquor license. The bar owners were screaming they were going to court to force gov to call emergency session of legislature claiming our State Constitution is being violated by governors orders.
The mask order apples only to counties with 20 or more cases plus there are all sorts of exemptions. Our little rural county reached 47 ( 22 recovered of these ) the other day , no deaths & none of these are supposedly hospitalized :eek:

I see in Nevada OSHA is doing mask checking and I read you can be fined up to $135,000.00 for non compliance. Seems easier to wear a 2 buck mask to me.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Our Governor just closed the bars yesterday with very few exceptions. No issue with me.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
150,000 people dead in the USA in four months. Ya that sounds like the common cold to me.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
150,000 people dead in the USA in four months. Ya that sounds like the common cold to me.

I have a bad feeling 150,000 is nothing compared to what it will be in 6 months.

I think Fauci estimated a million at the high end worse case scenario and I'd say we are well on our way especially with all the 'I won't wear a mask or social distance because I don't have to a'holes'.

Don't get in my space, don't come to my house and above all stay the hell away from me or you won't like the outcome.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
Kind of what Fauci said late last week Get over it. Trump has politicized the mask issue by not wearing one. In my view, he totally screwed the pooch on the whole thing and I also think it will bite him in the butt November 15th.

He let his ego get in the way of rational thinking. Very bad for any President to do.
That poor pooch! really, He wares a suit and tie. POS

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
We should definately treat this cold like no other cold in history.

You guys are funny.

First time in history we let a flu close us down. And the closing down will only prolong it.

First time in over 100 years they drop the "fever" temperature, that alone generated thousands and thousands of "covid admittance numbers.

So far there has been mis-counting in every state. All of it over counting.

About the only thing that scares me on this one is how easily people are lead with bad data.

Regardless of all the bad numbers, the future boogy men etc. IT IS STILL A FLU. I don't live in a vacuum, my wife works all day at the hospital, my niece works all day at a hospital, my SIL works in a long term care facility, my neighbor and good friend is a doctor. None of them are scared.

Are you guys scared of falling or flying objects? Just wondering.
Sleddog, you and motionclone are lucky enough to be living in states with very few covid cases so far, so the perspective of your associated health care friends is atypical. Many of us in different places feel a lot of things, scared doesn't quite cover it. Pissed off because it didn't have to go this way is more like it. Look at practically every other country in the world.

As far as the undercounting and overcounting issue, we've discussed it before, so no point in rehashing it. Michigan separates probable versus confirmed as well as test type. Read all the papers carefully. A lot is still a lot.

I am not sure why you linked the change in expected normal temperature to the covid issue? Do you really think it was a nefarious scheme to change the diagnosis rate? I for one have always thought the 98.6 ave normal was odd. I took a thermometer back to a pharmacy when I was a student because it never read over 97.4. Thought it was defective. Turns out that's where my temp and apparently a lot of other people's idles. Pharmacist said that to me 50 years ago.

I am curious as to why you are so certain that the covid virus would disappear if we all did nothing and let a bunch of folks get infected? Do you have any models or something that show that?

Reactions: 3 users

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
...I am curious as to why you are so certain that the covid virus would disappear if we all did nothing and let a bunch of folks get infected? Do you have any models or something that show that?
Just history up to this point. There have been literally thousands of virus's we have dealt with. We have NEVER done it this way in HISTORY. I used that.

There is no doubt there is the flu going around. My point is how long do you want it to go around for? With the current approach, it will be years of the "boogeyman" out there waiting to get us.

pendoreille

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jan 2, 2015
Newport, WA
sheepfarmer,
There are people out there that would trust a suit and reality TV over a lab coat,
me I am here because of lab coats. Now you can not convince them to blow up there TV and get a free library card.

Reactions: 1 users

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
I just noticed this. I guess what is good for the goose is not necessarily good for the gander. The Kansas govenor says wear facemask, but exempts the state legislature.

1593745722255.png

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
sheepfarmer,
There are people out there that would trust a suit and reality TV over a lab coat,
me I am here because of lab coats. Now you can not convince them to blow up there TV and get a free library card.
If Trump ordered the country to mask up you guys would be screaming at the sky talking about how the lab coats said not to wear masks. ..lol

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Sleddog, you and motionclone are lucky enough to be living in states with very few covid cases so far, so the perspective of your associated health care friends is atypical. Many of us in different places feel a lot of things, scared doesn't quite cover it. Pissed off because it didn't have to go this way is more like it. Look at practically every other country in the world.

As far as the undercounting and overcounting issue, we've discussed it before, so no point in rehashing it. Michigan separates probable versus confirmed as well as test type. Read all the papers carefully. A lot is still a lot.

I am not sure why you linked the change in expected normal temperature to the covid issue? Do you really think it was a nefarious scheme to change the diagnosis rate? I for one have always thought the 98.6 ave normal was odd. I took a thermometer back to a pharmacy when I was a student because it never read over 97.4. Thought it was defective. Turns out that's where my temp and apparently a lot of other people's idles. Pharmacist said that to me 50 years ago.

I am curious as to why you are so certain that the covid virus would disappear if we all did nothing and let a bunch of folks get infected? Do you have any models or something that show that?
I've had my temperature checked by different customers on a regular basis to enter factories and meat processing plants. That's been a running joke. The only accurate one was at the doctors office. The factories use an infrared thermometer like I carry for checking hot spots on engine blocks.

My temperatures been running anywhere from 78 degrees to 130 😱😱😱

The scary part is when they got me with the 130 degree temperature, they wouldn't let me on the property 🤨🤨🤨 They said I was running a really high fever 🤪😜🤪 Took me about 20 minutes to get them to understand that there is no way I would be running a temp that high and still be talking to them. And that there was something very wrong with there reading. I think they got my safety glasses that day. They had been on the dash with the defroster running and I had just switched from my eye glasses. And they were hot when I put them on. They shot me again and it was around 90 degrees 🤣😂🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.