COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Re: Is the sky falling?

You're up early Kay, yep, panic is never the answer.

Yeah Buddy, for some reason the alarm still goes off at 0400 some mornings,,lol

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

Now I know the virus outbreak is real

National Rifle Association cancels annual meeting

The National Rifle Association has canceled its annual meeting, slated for next month in Nashville, due to concerns over the coronavirus outbreak, according to a statement.
“Please know that we did not reach this decision lightly,” the NRA said in a statement. “We were ultimately guided by our responsibility to help ensure the safety and well-being of our NRA members, guests and surrounding community.”
The meeting, scheduled for April 16-19, would have been the group's 149th, according to the statement.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire

Both on my college kids will be home by tonight. Starting next week the colleges are switching to online learning until at least April 6 then they will reassess and have all students to leave campus except for those with valid reasons why they can’t, like a foreign student, to far to travel etc. so I guess it will be like they were in high school fighting over our mediocre internet to get class work done.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Two year old bottle of Clorox wipes. Notice what it protects against :rolleyes:

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx

Considering the market took the steepest dive 2000 points today (the biggest loss since the crash of 1911), I don't believe investing is very prudent right now. You might wind up with worthless paper but then you could use it to wipe with, 'cause there is no TP to be had anywhere.......:eek::eek::eek:

The sky was falling in 2008 too. Markets dropped 53%. Fear caused people to either loose tons of money, or miss out on big gains. The people that didn’t react with fear made out. I didn’t, now i don’t have to work, wash, rinse, repeat,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

You know when I first started this thread not in my wildest dreams could I imagine the world was headed for such turmoil. I had heard about covid 19 but when I turned on the tube early that morning to watch the stock market like I do most mornings (yes I have no life) it was almost surreal the markets dropping at the rate they did. Then seeing how many people were already infected in Wuhan China in such a short period of time was just crazy. Gonna be interesting to see how all this plays out and if you believe in what our 2 great :rolleyes: leaders are telling us you may want to get your temperature checked.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com

All of our state's colleges will take another week of "Spring Break" and then resume classes on the 23rd via online.

Some folks have enough TP, bottled water, and sanitizers for the rest of the year and beyond. :eek:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

All of our state's colleges will take another week of "Spring Break" and then resume classes on the 23rd via online.

Some folks have enough TP, bottled water, and sanitizers for the rest of the year and beyond. :eek:
Kinda like money, better too much then too little.;)

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Now I know the virus outbreak is real

National Rifle Association cancels annual meeting

The National Rifle Association has canceled its annual meeting, slated for next month in Nashville, due to concerns over the coronavirus outbreak, according to a statement.
“Please know that we did not reach this decision lightly,” the NRA said in a statement. “We were ultimately guided by our responsibility to help ensure the safety and well-being of our NRA members, guests and surrounding community.”
The meeting, scheduled for April 16-19, would have been the group's 149th, according to the statement.
Dropped my membership in the NRA and joined the GOA after the Virginia debacle and their silence on it. I don't want to pay for Wayne's 5000 dollar suits and fancy cars.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

Dropped my membership in the NRA and joined the GOA after the Virginia debacle and their silence on it. I don't want to pay for Wayne's 5000 dollar suits and fancy cars.
I got life memberships to both. I do enjoy the annual NRA show seeing so many neat items together and getting to look at them, but not this year.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

There is no need for a stock market crash or any other form of panic. Our illustrious leader has fueled the fire with disorganization and incorrect statements. How long before more people realize that he is blundering his way through this? Only statements about government help are about unemployment problems.

Instead of people focusing on all the potential lost revenue, focus on ways to use resources and employees in different ways? Can't go to restaurants? Make pick up,delivered food easier for those of us in the suburbs and have to drive everywhere. Ramp up delivery services like UPS for on line orders. Ramp up production of supplies people need like the masks and hand disinfectants. Businesses where people are outside by themselves should be fine. All the professors and teachers having to switch to online formats could sure use IT help. I used to teach using those platforms extensively and it used to take at least 15 hours to create an hour's presentation using powerpoint and photoshop for figures. More if copyrights had to be obtained. Video is another layer. These folks could all use help.

Friend teaches piano needs a way to do this with her students online. An opportunity for someone to set things up for students in their homes.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Another telling aspect for me with the NRA was their total lack of presence at the Virginia gun rights rally even though their headquarters is in Virginia. Total silence on their part. That silence rings like a bell with me.

Finally, the NRA is top heavy executive management and the removal of Chris Cox because he opposed Wayne LaPizzer's ideals smacks of cronyism and wasted funds. Wayne has designed himself a cush job with one helluva retirement, on the backs of dues paying members. That don't sit well with me. Wayne isn't about protecting members 2A rights, he's about the finance.

GOA os much more streamlined. I'm a member of GOA and the local (state) org., in my case Michigan Gun Owners.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States

Plenty of brass & lead but I'm real low on small rifle & pistol primers.
Never mind, I looked in the wrong box of supplies.
I was low on bottled waters for out at the farm so I stopped at the Dollar General yesterday. Got 2 cases , a box of Cheerios then went to checkout lines. 2 lines with about 15/16 ahead of me and they all had only big bundles of toilet paper. They got Problems I think. Anyway when I get to checkout & clerk asks me if I'm preparing for an emergency . WTF ?

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

It is arcane isn't it? Like the vids of people loading shipping carts with TP and waiting in long lines (with other possibly contagious ) people waiting to check out....

Or the pictures of furloughed college students (colleges closed) crowding in bars to 'celebrate no classes' when they were told to avoid crowds.

Are people (sheeple) generally stupid or just plain dumb?

Guess the bottom line with it is, 'you deserve what you get' and when you do it with open arms and a closed mind, you have no one to blame but yourself.

There is no common sense today in Canada or here or anywhere for that matter. Common sense took a holiday long ago.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Flip, you are giving sheep a bad name! The only problem with the mass stupidity is when it affects the rest of us.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

There was a pandemic in 2009. It's different, but yet the same. How did we make it through that? https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_flu_pandemic
Simple really. There was a smidge of common sense on 2009. There isn't ANY now.... and the media in 2009 wasn't a dominating factor in people's everyday lives. Today, most everyone dances by the media's tune and it they don't, they are labeled 'radical extremists'.

I'm a radical myself and proud of it.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

I think karma will get whom ever ended up with a year or two supply of the Chuck Norris toilet paper [emoji14] [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

The funny thing is is the backwards escalation. No TP, people rushing to get TP. TP all sold out. etc. etc. etc. TP? That is the general main concern?

Wait until they realize they need food and protein to have a use for TP. Then the crazy will start.

Seeing a couple freezers full of venison, chicken, pork and beef is very reassuring.

Think proteins people.

Status
Not open for further replies.