COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Re: Is the sky falling?

Good grief, just read that Trump could very well be infected. Guess one of the diplomats he was with last week has tested positive. Pence was with them as well. Oh boy,,,,,:eek:

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA

Good grief, just read that Trump could very well be infected. Guess one of the diplomats he was with last week has tested positive. Pence was with them as well. Oh boy,,,,,:eek:
Pelosi just might get her shot at it...:eek::mad:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

Now see I read that they all tested negative

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Now see I read that they all tested negative
Typical media. Hard to distill fact from fiction today. Would be nice if journalism got back to reporting the 'actual' news and not some sensational spin BS.

Question is, who do we believe, they in fact might both be lies.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Typical media. Hard to distill fact from fiction today. Would be nice if journalism got back to reporting the 'actual' news and not some sensational spin BS.

Question is, who do we believe, they in fact might both be lies.
Amen to that. Just one more reminder to folks like myself who order and receive medical supplies online and through the mail make sure you're covered. Wouldn't want folks to be in a bind if it goes the way of TP. Expect the worst and hope for the best, be prepared.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

Pelosi just might get her shot at it...:eek::mad:
Who cares....They cancelled March Madness!:)

Seriously, something I look forward to but understand it....

We also have TP, Paper towels, and tissues on the grocery list. Just coincidence that they occur in this recent climate/developments....It's just -restocking, but the shortage could cut us close.

Worst part is we have cupcake liners on the list, too....:eek: :p

Like many have said, we're not going to know how this pans out for a while. I spent many years in communicable disease control. Hep A, Ebola, SARS, meningitis, terrestrial Rabies, West Nile, BTDT.

Never saw anything like this, and that is not a joke....

It's not something to get freaked about; you just need to be informed, aware, and wash your hands!

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

Surprisingly, the local news and radio have been less doom and gloom and focusing more on fact and trying to cut down on the mass panic.

We have a couple tentatively positive cases in our area. 6 total possibles so far for the state.

The nursing home my wife works at has gone on lock down. Staff only. And the staff has been asked to pack lunch or eat the facility food instead of running out for lunch to cut the risk of infection down.

My wife did experience shopaggedon tonight at the local grocery store. She stopped to pick up stuff so she could pack her lunch and a few groceries. Canned soup is almost nonexistent. As well as frozen pizzas, bagged frozen chicken breasts, and pizza.

She did score some decent steaks :cool: :cool:

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

beex

May 21, 2019
on my bx

I'm wondering who is making BILLIONS off this rediculous 'situation' ?

Maybe Greta ? After all, less travel = less planes = less pollution = greener World ?

There is a simple solution to eradicate CV19, takes 3 weeks, 100 % effective, based on CURRENT knowledge of the virus....will NOT be implemented as , well, follow the money.......to see why.

I’m not going to make billions, but going to make some coin. American companies are on sale, going to buy some of them. Just like the 2008 crash.

Funny thing, when home depot has a 30% sale everyone is happy, they go buy some stuff. But when the store is on sale, they get bummed. I’m buying the store.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY

I’m not going to make billions, but going to make some coin. American companies are on sale, going to buy some of them. Just like the 2008 crash
I've been considering a couple buys myself. I wish I knew where the bottom is, but that's a problem folks have contented with for a long, long time....

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA

I've been considering a couple buys myself. I wish I knew where the bottom is, but that's a problem folks have contented with for a long, long time....

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Same here! Looking to score some stocks and some good deals in stores hopefully. Far from an expert in this but I’m waiting for a “shutdown”, bad as it sounds, Im also an opportunist. Glad I have been able to put my family in a position to weather this storm, wasn’t the storm I thought we would have to weather tho.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

I kind of wonder where this will all go. By that I mean if they close factories, the employees won't be paid and no pay equals no money to pay bills and more importantly to buy food and that could equal civil unrest and that would be very bad. Hell with investments and buying stock and all that, people up against it do foolish things..

Glad I live where I do, in rural America where we are self sufficient. Not so for urban dwellers.

Could get very ugly.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com

LINK to Global Map

It takes a bit of time for all of the information to configure. Click on each state's red dot to see the status of that state. Scroll the left and right margins to access each country and state.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Not up to date. Michigan has 3 confirmed and it's chaos here right now. People are acting irrationally.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Considering the market took the steepest dive 2000 points today (the biggest loss since the crash of 1911), I don't believe investing is very prudent right now. You might wind up with worthless paper but then you could use it to wipe with, 'cause there is no TP to be had anywhere.......:eek::eek::eek:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

A person is smart. People are dumb,
panicky dangerous animals and you know it.

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois

Seen they canceled the NRA annual meeting, now I know it is serious. :D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009