COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I see cabin fever is starting to take its toll already,,, sit, breath deeply close your eyes and relax. Go smoke a rack of rids cook a stew, have an adult beverage, light up your hooka, what ever calms you,, relax ,, as the Doctor told the man with the kidney stone,,, this too shall pass
It's almost like you're psychic my friend, you got 3 out of the 4 right and I can smell the ribs from here.;) You're right, before ya know it this'll be a distant memory but at our age we're not gonna be able to remember chit anyway.:D

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I just got a robocall from my local 911 office on my landline: shelter in place or whatever they are calling it starts tonight. Should have started last week. Remember when Flip said there were 2 cases in Michigan. Now there are thousands.

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
We are in lock down here in Oregon.
State Parks closed.
All non-essential business and travel banned.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I haven't heard of any cases here on the island yet but it's relatively new to this area however I'm sure it won't be long before it's knocking at the door.:(

ccoon520

Equipment
L2501 w/ FEL
Apr 15, 2019
IA
Iowa is still open as far as production goes. Schools, restaurants and bars are locked down and stores are altering hours though. My work is starting to go to shift rotations to minimize people on site as much as possible, while still running full tilt for food production.

During the at home days we are supposed to keep working. It is going to be rough though considering a lot of us live outside of town with rural internet so just updating security software is going to be difficult.

It could be worse though. I am happy to still be employed and feel terrible for those who suddenly lost their job due to these current events.

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME
I just got a robocall from my local 911 office on my landline: shelter in place or whatever they are calling it starts tonight. Should have started last week. Remember when Flip said there were 2 cases in Michigan. Now there are thousands.
Stay safe over there, we need smart people like you!

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
You never know. It is a lot more on topic than a lot of the posts but also political and mean. Hard to say if it will be censored or not.
Mean ? Political ? Do you not understand if Mexico doesn't do more it effects the USA ?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html

It's becoming quite obvious that social distancing will work and above all hand washing is a must. It's taking hold big time now so we have to do our part. Don't rely on our already overwhelmed health care who is desperately looking for help from government but so far all they seem to be able to do is argue with each other. Treatment and possibly a vaccine will more than likely become available but how much damage will be done before we have a break through? Be safe folks.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-covid-19-treatments.html

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
here, in Ontario, school is probably over for the year. No one in power wants to give the 'all clear' and then have one child die from CV19. Frankly it was over anyway with the teachers striking.
I don't know if a 'magic pill' or vaccine can be made. CV19 has already mutated 2-3-4 times so a vaccine for version '1' may not kill '2','3' or 'xxx'. I know the seasonal flu shot is only good for the one strain or version they 'think' will be the seasons prime flu. I'm not a virologist or DNAist , but, common sense says if it was possible, then 'they' would have made the vaccine long before CV19 took off.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
here, in Ontario, school is probably over for the year. No one in power wants to give the 'all clear' and then have one child die from CV19. Frankly it was over anyway with the teachers striking.
I don't know if a 'magic pill' or vaccine can be made. CV19 has already mutated 2-3-4 times so a vaccine for version '1' may not kill '2','3' or 'xxx'. I know the seasonal flu shot is only good for the one strain or version they 'think' will be the seasons prime flu. I'm not a virologist or DNAist , but, common sense says if it was possible, then 'they' would have made the vaccine long before CV19 took off.
Unfortunately I have to agree with everything you said. One more point, how many times have you walked into a public washroom and watched someone walk out without washing their hands?:eek: As the song goes "If you're gonna be dumb you have to be tough"

Bmyers

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Grand L3560 with LA805 loader, EA 55" Wicked Grapple, SBX72 BB, LP 1272 mower
May 27, 2019
Southern Illinois
I'm fortunate enough to be working from home.

Yet, the weekends it has been raining and more rain is predicted today. Being at home and stuck inside is starting to make me a little stir crazy.

Yet, I count my blessings, wife, daughter, and dog are all home safe and sound. We could be one of those statistics

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Unfortunately I have to agree with everything you said. One more point, how many times have you walked into a public washroom and watched someone walk out without washing their hands?:eek: As the song goes "If you're gonna be dumb you have to be tough"
I guess it depends on the washroom.

I read a study last year that went into 6 public restrooms. In all but one you were better off not touching anything in the bathroom ESPECIALLY the sink area.

I live with a nurse and personally do most of our butchery in the house so I am already "hands paranoid". There is almost no public bathroom that you can go into these days without coming out with additional germs/fecal matter on you. Basically the study said avoid all public bathrooms if possible and never touch any surface in there. It said specifically that if it isn't "hands free" soap and sink controls to not even use them. BUT hands free hand drying is a HUGE no-no. That blows the germs all over you and the rest of the bathroom (after you washed them). Hand towel only for drying.

I switched the two main faucets in the house over to hands free and put a hands free soap dispenser (20.00 on Amazon) on each. I am very glad with the addition that also turns out to be a nice convenience.

Personally, I don't touch anything in a public restroom. I know where I have been. Use a hand wipe with alcohol in it when you leave. I see a guy leaving the sink these days and I wonder what he just caught.

I wonder how many people still just do it without realizing they are leaving the bathroom with more than they came with.

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Something I learned this AM to give thought to. Could the arrival date to North America of C19 be much earlier than thought ? My runnin buddies Sister is a Nurse Practicenor in northern Louisiana who says as early as late Nov the clinic she works started getting patients with similar symptoms to C19 but all they knew at the time was to test for flu and the tests showed no flu. I didn't think at the time of our discussion if she had said any sample sent to CDC.
Was this mean or political ?

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
For the first time in years I had what I thought was the flu in Dec. I was in to see my GP for my yearly at the time and had a test done for flu - no flu. She said the cold was nasty and going around.

Based on worldwide travel and the origin countries history of lying, it could have come here the next day at least as early as Oct.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Something I learned this AM to give thought to. Could the arrival date to North America of C19 be much earlier than thought ? My runnin buddies Sister is a Nurse Practicenor in northern Louisiana who says as early as late Nov the clinic she works started getting patients with similar symptoms to C19 but all they knew at the time was to test for flu and the tests showed no flu. I didn't think at the time of our discussion if she had said any sample sent to CDC.
Was this mean or political ?
My wife and I are wondering the same thing. 2 weeks before Christmas my 3 year old had a very similar case. Her fever would spike to almost 104 at times and laboring to breathe. Flu tests always came back negative and they just kept telling us this was a virus. She has history of RSV, so we know the signs and catch it early. This was the worst we had seen her though. It took about 2 weeks for her to recover.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
For the first time in years I had what I thought was the flu in Dec. I was in to see my GP for my yearly at the time and had a test done for flu - no flu. She said the cold was nasty and going around.

Based on worldwide travel and the origin countries history of lying, it could have come here the next day at least as early as Oct.
tis my thoughts too. Thus part of getting back into the groove of daily life needs to be test to see whom has the antibodies against it already IFFF that has any overall value. I say IFFF cause could well be a person that has anti-bodies and no longer can themself get sick by it...... they could also be or become a vector/carrier that infects others unless some studies show otherwise. Then there is mutation.... grr... but luckly so far this version or corona viruse is very similar to other past one (SARS MARS) which shows it does not mutate drastically. Drastic mutations are the hardest to deal with.

Last edited:

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR
Hearing a new report where they have detected the virus still alive on surfaces of a cruise ship 2 weeks later. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.