COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Re: Is the sky falling?

Canada’s big six banks will allow mortgage payment deferrals for up to six months as part of extraordinary measures to help customers struggling with the financial impacts of the novel coronavirus pandemic.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Canada’s big six banks will allow mortgage payment deferrals for up to six months as part of extraordinary measures to help customers struggling with the financial impacts of the novel coronavirus pandemic.
Good deal. Don't matter to me. No mortgage on the farm and no payments at all except the new/used M9 and that is a business write off anyway. Zero liabilities except the usual utility payments, RE taxes and food and gas and diesel. Rentals pay for themselves. We are all good for the moment.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Good deal. Don't matter to me. No mortgage on the farm and no payments at all except the new/used M9 and that is a business write off anyway. Zero liabilities except the usual utility payments, RE taxes and food and gas and diesel. Rentals pay for themselves. We are all good for the moment.
Yes it doesn't effect me either but the way things are going right now it'll be one less thing families will have to worry about. It's a very stressful time many.

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR

I have a feeling the commercial real estate market will plummet in many cities and towns when businesses start closing.

The trickle down effect is of great concern.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

I have a feeling the commercial real estate market will plummet in many cities and towns when businesses start closing.

The trickle down effect is of great concern.
And that my friend is putting it lightly. Fortunately humans are a resilient bunch and we will overcome this crises like we have others.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

Don't really matter. No job = no income = no house payment = no buy.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID

Well this is a fine time for the economy to crash... I WAS trying to build my house.

It looks like that will be stalled as it's a cash build and the cash looks like it's going to stop coming in.

We were talking about getting a loan to help with the last push to get it all done, but that's a no go now.

Yes I know this is nothing compared to the bigger picture, I just wanted to vent!

Carry on!

dochsml

Equipment
L4701HST
Jan 21, 2020
Leonard, TX, USA

I have been reaching out to all of my customers since last week offering augmented reality service visits. Most of them are running their machines, but they don't really want visits from any vendors. So far, the reception is good but if this keeps up.....

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Here is a link to an article from an MSU prof I know, smart and thoughtful. The only thing not already detailed in other links in this thread is an answer to those that think we should just let "everyone" get the covid 19 and thus develop herd immunity that way. A lot would die, a million or more depending on what mortality rate you use.

https://eastlansinginfo.org/content/msu-epidemiologist-under-reaction-mega-threat

Scroll down it is toward the end.

Some good news, a small trial of a potential vaccine was begun in Washington yesterday. This step is designed to test for safety. It is still a long ways from mass production though.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Here is a link to an article from an MSU prof I know, smart and thoughtful. The only thing not already detailed in other links in this thread is an answer to those that think we should just let "everyone" get the covid 19 and thus develop herd immunity that way. A lot would die, a million or more depending on what mortality rate you use.

https://eastlansinginfo.org/content/msu-epidemiologist-under-reaction-mega-threat

Scroll down it is toward the end.

Some good news, a small trial of a potential vaccine was begun in Washington yesterday. This step is designed to test for safety. It is still a long ways from mass production though.
I mulled that over in my mind when it finally became obvious how bad this was going to get not that I'm any great genius, far, far from it. The cost is way to high. For the elderly and the folks with underlying problems this would be like leading sheep to the slaughterhouse, (sorry Sheep) unacceptable. We have a lot of brilliant people out there working overtime on this. Lets hope the lightbulb goes on for one or more of them and they say eureka that's it but when all else fails pray. Be very conscious of what you're doing because if they're right the health care will be overwhelmed before very long. Even if you do make it through unscathed our economy in both countries is going to take a big hit. Since I'm on a roll don't be fooled by the lower interest rates, great if you really need to use it to get by however if I'm right when this all settles higher interest rates will come back with a vengeance, make sure you're able to take that slap on the butt when it happens. Sorry for the rant and being long winded, sure would be good to come back here in 2 years time without one casualty.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Well this is a fine time for the economy to crash... I WAS trying to build my house.

It looks like that will be stalled as it's a cash build and the cash looks like it's going to stop coming in.

We were talking about getting a loan to help with the last push to get it all done, but that's a no go now.

Yes I know this is nothing compared to the bigger picture, I just wanted to vent!

Carry on!
Vent away my friend that's what we're here for. Thanks for the laugh skeets you crazy bugger. After all, laughter is the best medicine right?;)

KTuk4J

Equipment
B2650 Duetz Allis 6275 CAT D6 CAT 110B
Mar 2, 2020
NW OR

Just to add a little humor to the subject that we all need at this time......

(From a parent.)
Home schooling going well.......
"Two students suspended for fighting"
"One teacher fired for drinking on the job"

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada

Just to add a little humor to the subject that we all need at this time......

(From a parent.)
Home schooling going well.......
"Two students suspended for fighting"
"One teacher fired for drinking on the job"
Lol, too funny, thanks for the laugh.:D:D:D

David Page

Equipment
1974 L260, 6" bush hog, subsoiler, spring tooth harrow, boom pole, 2 bottom plow
Jun 25, 2013
Dexter, ME

With ammo and firearms pricing going up as well as hard to get, I wonder if all the ones here in the past that said they lost theirs in boating accidents will go swimming?

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States

With ammo and firearms pricing going up as well as hard to get, I wonder if all the ones here in the past that said they lost theirs in boating accidents will go swimming?
There is a shortage ? :D
I took advantage of the rain yesterday and did some long overdue cleaning of several of my " friends " .
What's pissing me off right now is the stupid people in Longview & Tyler ( the 2 largest towns near us ) that leave thier weapons in a parked car . There is currently an increase in car break-ins . Could be related to closed schools or just the crooks seeing an oppertunity . I know weapons being stolen happens even in my town but why would anybody leave a weapon in a parked car overnite in the driveway ? I know the answer , simple genetics. You can't breed a racehorse out of a Jackass :eek:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

A young couple I know have a farm over the ridge, good kids, help anyone. They made the mistake of posting that if anyone needed something ,meat, beef pork or lamb or eggs, they would be willing to help, to just stop by the farm. The people that rushed over there were not poor or hungry or needy. New trucks new suv's all new stuff and not any junkers. These people all be cleaned them out, and got very indigent when they said there was no more to be had in the freezers. I know this because he called and asked if he could borrow a toy just in case, so I dropped one off at the farm with some food for it, just in case, you know.
This too shall pass I know, but to what expense to our country

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa

Poohbear,,, ya gota remember you cant fix stupid, no matter how much duct tape you use !

Status
Not open for further replies.