You're not that far south of me and I contracted propane this year at $1.65.That's only about 35 miles from my house ... But I don't have anything to burn it in ... Pre-bought propane at $2.29 IIRC.
Still have two pallets of wood pellets ...
We have the same warnings at the state line... Too bad the Emerald Ash bore beetle can't read.In some states it’s illegal to transport wood across county and state lines due to Oak-wilt disease.
I know my one neighbor gets it through MFA, and it's about 50 cents cheaper than Brooks, where I get it, it's what was here when I bought the house, and I don't really feel like changing now, maybe once I retire I can get it organized ... I only burn about 200 gallons a year ... As heat is set to 53° when I'm gone, and when I'm home I burn the pellets ...You're not that far south of me and I contracted propane this year at $1.65.
I was buying similar cut offs from a place that makes hardwood pallets.Good deal. Good job posting your new fishing spot. Say goodbye to your source of cheap firewood!
In MY state …(TX) …where we PRODUCE HUGE Quantities of it…. we pipe it ”Up Nawth” …so they can pay less than $2 for the same stuff ..which I BUY LOCALLY at $3.50 !!You guys with your cheap propane…in this damn state we are at/over 4 per gallon…plus delivery.
And oak at that price is amazing. I would get a truck and trailer of that just because.
Got thinking about this ... You maybe moved ...You're not that far south of me and I contracted propane this year at $1.65.
Nope, haven't moved. That's not my truck or my wood, I just saw it and found it interesting. I gave lup wood burning 4 years ago when we needed a new air conditioner we replace the elec furnace with propane.Got thinking about this ... You maybe moved ...
I thought you were much farther away, and thought it strange that you would travel that far for "cheap" wood ...
View attachment 179986
I'm in Webster County, about 20 miles East of Springfield ...
Propane markets are strange ... Part of the pricing is based on usage ...
I pay $60 a year tank rental also for my 250 gallon tank ... I'm thinking when I switch, to buy a 500 gallon tank, and just fill it every summer when it's the cheapest, from whom ever gives me the best price ...
I've thought of adding a small wood stove to my insulated attached garage, which has direct access to the chimney that the wood pellet stove uses, as right now it's hard to even give away free 4' - 6' long hunks of wood to the neighbors, and I just pile it on my brush piles and burn it to get rid of it!
Might be nice when I retire to have a warm garage when I want to tinker in there ...

Must be nice. Around here there are only two propane companies. Both have a policy that they will not fill a tank they don't own.When you own the tank you get to purchase from whoever you choose.