Cab or No Cab... That is the Question

Cab or No Cab

• I have no opinion...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
I have one of the plastic roofs on my b2400 and a homemade plexiglass windshield. I have a plastic enclosure but don’t bother with it. Just having a roof overhead and a windshield makes plowing much more tolerable.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
That's why I like no cab mghughes. I don't have to worry about breaking glass in my bush, and in the winter I don't have to warm it up enough to keep the windows from fogging and icing before I can use it.
We keep the loader and backhoe at our business locations and when I go plow with those I am constantly trying to keep the windows clear. They usually do....just about the time I am done.

And I like the simple reliability of my tractors. Never have to worry about re-charging the A/C or repairing components. The only thing I own that I like as much as my Kubota is my 1955 Allis Chalmers. Simple reliability that I can wrench on myself are the most important thing to me.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I would have never figured that out! LOL. Thanks.
Now to remember that, LOL.
On a Windows machine, you can also run "charmap" from the Run tab or look for Character Map under Accessories/System Tools in the Start Menu under All Programs (or All Apps in Win10). Then just use copy/paste.

KeithG

Equipment
2000 Kubota B2710, Woods BH75 backhoe, LandPride York Rake, B2783 Snow Blower
Jan 1, 2016
Rindge, NH
The first winter that I had my front mounted snowblower the wind driven snow was brutal when it would blow back at me. I did not want to spend $$$ on a cab if I could find an OEM cab, and I was not really a fan of the after market cabs. So I put on one of those canopies and hung a $6 vinyl clear shower curtain from it. It works great and is easily removed for non-snowblower activities... :D:eek:

Attachments

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
The first winter that I had my front mounted snowblower the wind driven snow was brutal when it would blow back at me. I did not want to spend $$$ on a cab if I could find an OEM cab, and I was not really a fan of the after market cabs. So I put on one of those canopies and hung a $6 vinyl clear shower curtain from it. It works great and is easily removed for non-snowblower activities... :D:eek:
Good deal I like it. Necessity is the mother of invention right.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
After using 8Ns for many many years when I decided to get a new tractor a CAB was my priority; heat, AC, music were pluses. Not having to gear up like an astronaut was also very appealing. B2650 was a great replacement for the 8Ns, just the right size and no DPF.

dlsmith

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2230, LA211
Nov 15, 2018
Goshen, IN
The degree symbol ° is placed by holding the ALT key and typing the numbers 248 on the numbers keypad on the right side of the keyboard then releasing the ALT key (can't use the numbers at the top of the keyboard). Make sure the numbers lock is on.

Here is a list of all the symbols that work with the ALT+number combination.

https://www.alt-codes.net/

Just a little FYI :) .
I have always used ALT +0176, but ALT+248 generates the same character.

Whooa thunk I'd pick up that little bit of info on a Kubota tractor forum?

tempforce

Equipment
B2650HSDC
Jun 23, 2012
bastrop, tx
i have a b2650 with a cab...
the heater works great, the a/c has never performed properly, it has been serviced and checked by the local dealer, while it was on warranty.
i previously had a b3350, it's a/c worked great...
the b3350 had it's own issues of being a repair shop queen, (regen issues)...

sometimes i have to keep the cab window open to keep the cab from getting too hot, even with the a/c on full, it has never cooled the cab properly.
in the summer i just get up early and quit by noon, then go back to work as the sun goes down...

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
the heater works great, the a/c has never performed properly, it has been serviced and checked by the local dealer, while it was on warranty.

sometimes i have to keep the cab window open to keep the cab from getting too hot, even with the a/c on full, it has never cooled the cab properly.
in the summer i just get up early and quit by noon, then go back to work as the sun goes down...
If it's still under warranty make them fix it, after all you payed for it

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming

Something is definitely wrong, mine gets downright cold, I don't think I have ever had it on max for very long even in 100 degree temps. But it's a dry heat, lol. Heater is beyond good, it heats up that cab in short order even in the coldest weather. I would get someone to go over it before your warranty is up, maybe even find another dealer for a second opinion.

Mister

Jul 13, 2018
Northwest
Lol

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Tommieboy

Aug 6, 2017
Ontario
I'm in the shopping phase now and will likely go with factory cab. In this neck of the woods the summer heat, deer flies and mosquitoes make a cab just as practical in summer as in winter.

TimP

Equipment
B3000
Jan 16, 2012
Baltimore, MD. USA
I just bought a B3000 with Cab.

I am looking forward to the first real snow where I can use the front mounted blower.

But I am also looking forward to enjoying the A/C in the Summer when it's 90° out and humid.

The dust and grass blowing on me is horrible for my allergies, not to mention all the bugs too.

I can't wait to be the envy of the neighbors this Winter & Summer.

Last edited:

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Drove both the B7510 with Curtis cab and the MF135 with just front glass, roof and rear glass last night. Running a half mile home up the road, into the wind, I darned near froze on the Massey. The B7510 was nice and comfy with its full cab.

Yup, I DO like my cabs, and heaters! Just wish the B7510 had the mass and traction of the 135... Had to use the Massey to pull my neighbor's plow truck out of the ditch after he went off the end of his culvert. Had to use the B7510 and front mount blower to remove the huge snowbank the truck was leaning against. It's an old F250 4WD and the bank was taller than the truck. Just took a lot of little nibbles with the front-mounted blower on the B7510 to get the job done, but now that huge snowbank is spread out all over his front lawn.

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com
I have the b2650 with the factory cab and there is nothing better than blowing snow wearing just a T-shirt. Well worth the extra money.
Exactamundo!

Bush-hogging in 90 degrees and 90% humidity, sitting in my air conditioned cab watching the clouds of bugs committing suicide on the glass is good for a few giggles too. :)

PHPaul

Equipment
B2650, Pronovost snow blower, Landpride rotary mower, Howard tiller, box blade
Apr 2, 2015
Downeast Maine
www.eastovershoe.com

I've had the AC fixed twice on mine, blown o-rings both times. One on the compressor (easy fix) one on the evaporator in the roof of the cab (warranty fix).

I noticed it was getting weak again last Fall, I'll try a recharge in the Spring, but I fear it'll be another o-ring and out of MY pocket this time around.

Even here in Maine, all that glass and no AC will roast you out in short order in the Summer.

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
If it's still under warranty make them fix it, after all you payed for it
Most tractor dealers have no one in their service department competent to properly diagnose and service AC systems. Nor do they have the necessary equipment.

My dealer subcontracts all AC work to a competent AC service shop at a HD OTR truck dealership.

Your dealer probably needs help.

SDT

earljr59

Equipment
L3301fel,forks, gear/shuttle,72"bushhog brand finish mower,60"&72"rotary mowers,
Jan 18, 2019
Fairfield illinois,usa
As much as I like my L3301 and the fresh air and wind in my face, it would be a lot nicer with a loaded out factory year round cab.