Box Scraper

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Guys I know im trying to do this onthe cheap and will most likely come back and bite me inthe arse,, But I am asking if anyone has measured drawings of a box plow ,like maybe 42 or 48 incher the would be kind enough to share. I cant weld but little brother can and maybe I can get the stuff together and when hes home weld it up, or at least get a good start. I can bend and drill the other parts myself. But I need the specs like the 3 point layout hight and width of the arms,, you know,, Anybody got something i could start with???
Thanks much
Peace
Skeets

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
A rear box blade,,I guess they are called different things in different place,,lol

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
A rear box blade,,I guess they are called different things in different place,,lol

Hey skeets, I am totaly with you on the low cost way.
I have a Gearmore box that I can take pic's and measurements if you want.
Can't happen today though, sorry.

Scott

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Not a problem my friend, when ever you can that would be grand
Thanks much

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Not a problem my friend, when ever you can that would be grand
Thanks much

Skeets,
I took a bunch a pic's of my box scraper today with measurements. I'm off to bed but I'll edit the pic's in the morning and get them to you.

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
No hurry at all Scott I have at least 2 more days on modifying a gravely power broom to fit a Steiner. And thanks:D Dusty
Great, thanks for understanding. I'm trying to finish up a email to Joe about welding...we are no good and trying to help each other. Did you ever see the movie Dumb and Dumber :rolleyes:

When you finish modifying that gravely thingy you shood create a thread, sounds pretty cool :D

Scott

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Hope joe is not having same problem with the puddle.handy
Handy,
I'm not to sure. I informed him of my successes that were accomplished only from your help. I'm waiting to hear back from him.

He's probably kung fu kicking some students right now :D

Scott

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Handy,
I'm not to sure. I informed him of my successes that were accomplished only from your help. I'm waiting to hear back from him.

He's probably kung fu kicking some students right now :D

Scott
You got that right~! ha ha ha... :D

I've sent message to Tom and you tonight after class...

But what was the Puddle problem Tom talking about?:rolleyes:

Joe.

traildust

Equipment
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Ok Skeets, dusty and all other concerned tractor drivers.

There are waaaaaay to many photos of the box scraper to post on here. 66 of them to be exact. Instead they will be viewed on photobucket. Much easier for everybody, especially me.

Here is the link to see the pic's.

It is a Gearmore GBS series Box Scraper. Here is a link to Gearmore for the operator / parts manual. It gives a real neat cross section to make some sense of it all.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask.

Scott

joekimtkd

Equipment
B7510DT, 4' Snow blower, 4' Loader, 6' Blade, 6' 3PH Finish mower, 6' box blade,
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Ok Skeets, dusty and all other concerned tractor drivers.

There are waaaaaay to many photos of the box scraper to post on here. 66 of them to be exact. Instead they will be viewed on photobucket. Much easier for everybody, especially me.

Here is the link to see the pic's.

It is a Gearmore GBS series Box Scraper. Here is a link to Gearmore for the operator / parts manual. It gives a real neat cross section to make some sense of it all.

If there are any questions please feel free to ask.

Scott
Wow, you are unbelievable~! You could build your own Air craft your own design~!!!:eek:

I never seen any one could do, or willing to do that much detailized~~~!!!

I'll buy you a cup of coffee...:D

Joe.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
DAYUM!!!!!! I didn't think you would go into so much detail,,Guess today might be a good dy to head out to the scrap yards and look for some, stuff to start with.. Though the blade steel might be a little hard to come by,,,again all I can say is .... DAYUM!!! Thanks much

joekimtkd

Equipment
Aug 16, 2009
Durham Ontario Canada
Hey Joe. Just don't stand in that puddle while you are welding. Not the best life choice.:D Dusty
Oh~ I had a lots of puddle problem in my parking lot~!!! and I fixed most of it by 6' box blade~ with B7510DT that has only 21 Hp...
Although I never stand in that puddle, I wouldn't piss on it~:D:D:D

Did you fix that tractor you were working on?

Oh~ I noticed you've made some wings on your 4' snow blower. What does it do? I don't see that wing is scraping the ground at all.
Perhaps to FLY~~~???:D

My lucknow 4' snow blower has huge wings (makes 5' 1/2) too but it doesn't scraping ground at all at the bottom. unless I tilt forward a lot than it might but what about the auger?
Auger might start to digging into the ground~:eek:

What should I do? Should I cut them off to navigate more better? or keep it there to fly into the PUDDLE~?

Joe.