Backhoe thumb

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Dont know if anyone is interested its a backhoe thumb on ebay for BX models. Just type in search block the following number it should take you to it. 330409810593

coptordoctor

Equipment
L48 TLB 10 ft tine 3 furrow plow 8 foot disks brush hog Log winch
Apr 16, 2010
Kemptville, Ontario Can
I have a Bro-Tek Backhoe thumb that will fit a BT1000 back hoe $425 I will pay shipping in Canada. It is Brand new never been installed. I made a mistake on ordering and have a BT1100 this thumb will not fit . I have a new one coming and will sell this one.. Let me know thanks Carl

Attachments

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Yeah pretty much so Scott. Its nice to have if your busting up hunks of concrete or loading logs and debris into a truck.

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Whats real sweet, on a larger hoe you can get a device call a wrist-o-twist. The bucket is mounted on a turn table and will rotate sideways

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Nope, they dont make it for a small hoe. But I had the chase to play with full size hoe that had one and man its an awesome feature.

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Whats real sweet, on a larger hoe you can get a device call a wrist-o-twist. The bucket is mounted on a turn table and will rotate sideways
That would be bad ass! With the thumb and being articulated, the thing would be as close to being a human hand as possible.

Oh, the destruction I could cause :rolleyes:

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I have seen a big damn Hitachi track hoe that the bucket would swing left or right and also spin a complete 360 degrees on a turntable. It also had a a quick hitch, push a button and swap out buckets in a matter of seconds. I watched the operator demo the unit, he mounded up some dirt and picked up a 6 inch branch about 5 feet long and stuck it the middle of the mound of dirt. WOW

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
Put me in a lawn chair with a beer and I could look at that all day long. A person operating a machine that good is, in lack of words, a professional.

madmex148

Jul 15, 2011
Connecticut
Hello everybody,
Does anybody have any recommendations for a backhoe thumb for a BX22 tractor? I have looked at the the Extreme Metal Products thumb and the Bro-Tek thumb on Ebay. I am having trouble trying to find other similar products. I'm just trying to be a smart consumer and do some comparison shopping before making a purchase. Thanks.

Bluenoser

Equipment
L3710 tractor, B4690A backhoe, LA682 loader
Sep 5, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Looking for a mechanical thumb I can attach to a BL4690A backhoe on a L3710 tractor and would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.

Mrfreon2u

Equipment
BX22 w/54"MMM, Bagger, & snowblower
Nov 21, 2011
Rehoboth, MA
Hello everybody,
Does anybody have any recommendations for a backhoe thumb for a BX22 tractor? I have looked at the the Extreme Metal Products thumb and the Bro-Tek thumb on Ebay. I am having trouble trying to find other similar products. I'm just trying to be a smart consumer and do some comparison shopping before making a purchase. Thanks.
I got one I found on the internet and had to weld it together. I works awesome!. I take some pics and try to find where I bought it