B7800 - trade or make improvements?

kneep1

Equipment
B7800, LDR, 72 mmm, 5 ft box blade
Mar 17, 2010
winterset, iowa
Hi guys.. New here so hopefully I'll get this right. Looking for some advice. I have a B7800 with FEL and 72 inch MMM. I really like this tractor but wish it had turf tires (has R4's) and a suspension seat. I have 6 fairly flat acres to mow with plenty of trees.

Speed and comfort are primary. FEL work is secondary (the b7800 is more than what I ever need for FEL work so I could downsize without an issue I think). I do not want to switch to a ztr. I want to keep one machine.

Any links to custom fitting seats to the 7800? Any ideas on where to find wheels/tires (the dealer is outrageous - over $400 for fronts alone)? Also, dumb question, is it okay to mow in High (3 spd HST) as long as I keep the rpm's up? Middle range tops out around 5.5 and that's a little slow.

thank you!!

Butch

Equipment
Kubota 2410, RC60-24B, FL1000- kubota hydrolic front snow blade- plug aerator
Sep 10, 2009
Rising Sun, MD
Dear Kneep1... the 7800 is a honking machine with plenty of comfort and power so depending on how high your grass is and the quality of the cut you are looking for... it should not be an issues for mowing in high gear. I have mowed in High with my B2410 and got great results, however, just be sure you do not bog down the engine. I have seem posts here where that can be harmful to the engine. I hope Vic will speake to this subject as I am certain he can tell you specifically what can happen.

As far as seats... google for it for direct bolt ups and hope yopu get lucky. However, if you are willing to do some minor fabrication work to mount a Off the Shelf custom seat.... man the world is your oyster.

I have a buddy that his tractor seat is comparable to the air ride seat in his 18 wheeler. It's even got a beverage holder off the arm rest. Don't no where he got it... but I'd google that to see what's available in your budget.

Tires? Got no clue. Have not had to buy any yet. Ya might want to check what a regular tire retailer could order you some for? Worth a shot... Butch

Randyj

Equipment
B9200D / BF350 Kubota Loader / L-4530B Kubota Backhoe w - subframe / LP GS1548
Sep 17, 2009
Northern Indiana
I'm replacing all the tires on my tractor. I went to my local Kubota dealer to price "whole goods", which I read about on another tractor website. "Whole goods" (in this case) would mean tire & wheel assembly.

Just one tire w/wheel costs (from Kubota) more than twice the cost of two tires from a local tire shop! This is the same exact make & size!:eek:

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hi Guys. When I bought my B8200 last year I bought new r4's for the back with new rims. Tires are goodyear I think. $!000.00 To tell you the truth I was just so happy to find rims and tires that I didn't even question the price. That was from Kubota:D Dusty

jcato

Equipment
B7500HSD, RFM-60, 4' box, Covington 1row planter/cult
May 5, 2010
Nicholls, GA
Kneep,

I recently just purchased a B7500 (382 hrs) that has turf tires (pretty good tread) and I wish it had the R4s. I'm sure there are more details than just that (this one is a 4wd), but if things could work out, this might could work to our mutual advantage. I would be willing to talk a trade (+- $ as needed), if you are interested.

Just a thought. I'm in southern GA.

-- john.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I guess this is a good example of living in America, we get to make choices for ourself. Me, I would never put turf tires on a tractor that size. Turf tires belong on a snapper not on a tractor, but to each their on. Turfs on wet grass are about as useful as a drag slick on wet asphalt. That's like giving a CEO of a company a push broom, That poor tractor just got a demotion from beefy tractor to wimpy mower. Reminds me of a few yrs back when JD had those 455 mowers. Diesel powered lawn mower with fel mounted above a set of turfs. Didn't have enough traction to load a wheel barrow with 5 buckets.

I just couldn't resist throwing my 2 pennies in. I hate to see a good Kubota go to waste, but to each their on.

Green Mountain Slim

Equipment
Kubota B8200, Kioti C2610 Cab, BX1500, B7100 (kinda)
Feb 23, 2010
Morrisville, Vermont
Just my 2 cents worth, but why not use industrial tires and split the difference? I'd rather have something with a little bite myself, which is why I looked for a tractor with Ag tires.

I kinda agree with Bulldog. Why cut the balls off the poor thing. It is a tractor. I have a riding lawn mower too and I hate turfs on even my small hills.

To each his own though.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
bulldog, , nth ga tire and alighnment. Hwy 2, Ft Oglethorpe. 706-937-5600. Roger ( i think) is the center manager. Tell him Preston from Fleet Transmission told you about him and mention the tractor tires for the Kubota.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
ipz2222,

I know right where that is. What brand of tire did they price you? I am going to try and go back with the Titan long/short bar tires. I have them on my M amd they have really been a good tire so far.

I talked to somebody at Fleet about building the tranny in my truck about 3 yrs ago. It went out 26 days after I bought it but the man I bought it from was kind enough to have it done.

Thanks for the info about the tire shop.

Last edited:

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
That sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Let us know how they do. I don't need any just yet but I always like to hear of a good deal.

mskrekla

Equipment
B7510
May 10, 2010
North East, PA
If you are thinking about getting a new one - Kubota's new sub-compact models out are very cool. I was checking them out at our local dealer - the new features seem very nice.

I have something in between turf and R4's as tires on my 7510 and the tread is almost too aggressive. When I make sharp turns it does tear the grass a little.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
When it's like that there is no need to pat it off early or try to just buy it out right. With that rate you get to play with their money. I did my M that way except they only offered it for 36 months at that time but the 0% saved me over $2000 in finance charges. That's hard to pass up.

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Those savings are great and just get bigger the more money that is spent. Plus like you said, just pay as you go and it is so easy with no finance and interest. That is great.

I took a bath on my truck when I sold it. Sure hope the tractor would not devalue to death. :eek:

This truck had less than 25K miles when I sold it for only $18,550

Attachments

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
I don't really know for sure about the value but when you go to buy a new or used they think it's gold or something. I don't have any plans to get rid of mine anyway.