B7100 Hydraulic block diverter (70060-00360 or 70070-00385)

73rdhouse

Equipment
L235
Jun 22, 2023
Hendersonville, TN.
I spent several hours today trying to catch up to the demand. As Dan pointed out, swapping the setup around to accommodate 6 ports drags out the process. Especially the single port on each end.

Thinking on it, and reviewing this thread, does anybody actually need the ports on the two ends? That was the format of the original 70060-00360 as shown in the B7100 manual, but that was superseded by 70070-00385 with the ports on the face. Either one will work on a B7100 and it's close relations.

If I recall correctly, the L185/235/245/275/285305/345 etc. need two ports on the edge. But I can't recall mention of any tractor needing a port on either end.

Unless someone tells me different, I think I can just omit the end ports and save a lot of unnecessary work.
Whatever works on the l235 is good for my needs how do I order one and pay you for it?

Last edited by a moderator:

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Ok, I know what a submarine sandwich is -- or at least, I thought I did. But I'm struggling with MTO. What does the Ministry of Transportation of Ontario have to do with submarine sandwiches? <lol>

tsp159

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 8, 2023
Fort Bend Texas
I spent several hours today trying to catch up to the demand. As Dan pointed out, swapping the setup around to accommodate 6 ports drags out the process. Especially the single port on each end.

Thinking on it, and reviewing this thread, does anybody actually need the ports on the two ends? That was the format of the original 70060-00360 as shown in the B7100 manual, but that was superseded by 70070-00385 with the ports on the face. Either one will work on a B7100 and it's close relations.

If I recall correctly, the L185/235/245/275/285305/345 etc. need two ports on the edge. But I can't recall mention of any tractor needing a port on either end.

Unless someone tells me different, I think I can just omit the end ports and save a lot of unnecessary work.
My only real thought is ports for power steering to keep that circuit somewhat independent of the loader/attachment. I am not super certain of how that would work without relief, however.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
My only real thought is ports for power steering to keep that circuit somewhat independent of the loader/attachment. I am not super certain of how that would work without relief, however.
It doesn't work that way on a Kubota. You can only use one pair of ports. All others must be plugged.

Any power steering set up would have to have a priority valve as the first thing in the chain to handle portioning of the fluid flow.

tsp159

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 8, 2023
Fort Bend Texas
It doesn't work that way on a Kubota. You can only use one pair of ports. All others must be plugged.

Any power steering set up would have to have a priority valve as the first thing in the chain to handle portioning of the fluid flow.
Good point. Not sure what I was thinking. I'll blame the lack of morning coffee.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I have completed enough blocks to fulfill the backlog of requests and sent a PM to each person who I have record of requesting one. Check your PMs. If I missed you, contact me ASAP.

As noted in the message I sent out, I will honour the price previously listed. However, the cost of aluminium and cutting oil has gone up substantially since I started this so I have to raise the price going forward to cover my costs. The price will now be CDN$40 or US$30, plus actual shipping.

Reactions: 1 users

Sdatrucking

Equipment
B7100.
Aug 26, 2022
Tagalong3746
These are obsolete and no longer available. I have recently been contacted by a member asking if I will make him one of these after reading how I made mine. I know this comes up from time to time and would like to gauge the interest others might have -- if I`m going to set up to make a couple, I may as well make a few more.

Here are some photos of what I made in the past. I made the two shown out of steel, as that is what I had on hand, but I`m thinking aluminium would function just as well, be resistant to corrosion and cheaper to ship. I`m not sure of pricing yet -- I know metal pricing has shot up over the last year -- but would estimate it to be in the $30 to $50 range. Plus shipping.

Stock cover:

Inside of stock cover:

Inside (left) and outside (right) of diverter cover (note there is a third tapped outlet provided on the bottom face, all outlets tapped 3/ 8" NPT. Plug the unneded outlet or add a pressure gauge):

Hydraulic schematics from B7100 manual:
Only problem with aluminum is coupling against steel and steel bolts they oxidize and seize

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
It depends on the steel. While galvanic corrosion can be a problem in some circumstances, the OEM cover is aluminium so we're not really changing the dynamic here. Since the whole assembly hangs off the side, there's no immersion in an electrolyte for any length of time.

Other examples abound. EG: Gm has been bolting aluminium transmissions to cast iron engines with steel bolts for many years.

parttime1017

Equipment
B6100E Kubota
Feb 2, 2021
Maryland
It depends on the steel. While galvanic corrosion can be a problem in some circumstances, the OEM cover is aluminium so we're not really changing the dynamic here. Since the whole assembly hangs off the side, there's no immersion in an electrolyte for any length of time.

Other examples abound. EG: Gm has been bolting aluminium transmissions to cast iron engines with steel bolts for many years.
The outboard motor companies somewhat solved the problem by using 304 or higher stainless bolts. That is what I used in mine.

Scubasteve

Equipment
Kubota b6100
Oct 2, 2023
Windsor, Vt United States
I have completed enough blocks to fulfill the backlog of requests and sent a PM to each person who I have record of requesting one. Check your PMs. If I missed you, contact me ASAP.

As noted in the message I sent out, I will honour the price previously listed. However, the cost of aluminium and cutting oil has gone up substantially since I started this so I have to raise the price going forward to cover my costs. The price will now be CDN$40 or US$30, plus actual shipping.

Last edited:

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Steve,- "PM" means Private Message. I'll respond to you via PM in case you are unsure how to start that. I highly recommend you edit the above post and delete your personal information. Too many spiders are crawling the web looking for personal information to steal!

Reactions: 1 user

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Quick update: I now have two left ready to ship and 6 more nearly complete (just need the final lapping on the sealing face and cleaning).

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
I have been supplying 1" OD o-rings based on what my machine had between the block and the cover. I just had some feedback that the o-ring was too large, and that the OEM o-ring in one particular B7100 was 7/8" OD. Has anyone else found the o-rings I supplied were too large?

Scubasteve

Equipment
Kubota b6100
Oct 2, 2023
Windsor, Vt United States
I don't believe this will fit an L3301. It is only known to fit older L and B series tractors. You would have to verify if the machine has a hydraulic block and then compare dimensions of your cover to the dimensions given in the first post of this thread.

Status update: Not as far along as I had planned. All spring/summer, every time I get back to it, set up, and start making chips something more urgent reared it's ugly head and this project got shoved to the side. Right now I have a batch of 6 cut to size with the faces drilled and tapped, just waiting for the rest of the holes to be finished.

This past week, interest surged again so now there are 9 of you looking for one. I bought another chunk of aluminium and started cutting off the next batch of 6. The saw can run in the background while I drill and tap. At least, it could until the drive belt broke last night... <sigh>
Torch, I tried to contact you a month or so ago for a diverted block for my b6100. I find it hard to navigate this site and I lost you. I am still wanting a block.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Torch, I tried to contact you a month or so ago for a diverted block for my b6100. I find it hard to navigate this site and I lost you. I am still wanting a block.
Yes you did, by PM. And you provided a shipping address, to which I provided a shipping quote. The last PM I had from you said "Ok thank you. I’ll let know within a couple of days." That was the last I heard. I still have several left when you are ready.

To find your stored PMs, click the little envelope icon on the upper right of any forum page.

Jouke

Equipment
Kubota B7001, Wood chipper, box, mower
Dec 2, 2023
Ireland
L.S.
New to the group from Ireland.
I have a B7001 that I would like to use to erect and lower my 3KW wind turbine on a 8m hydraulic tower.
Would any of the blocks in this thread work on a B7001?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
L.S.
New to the group from Ireland.
I have a B7001 that I would like to use to erect and lower my 3KW wind turbine on a 8m hydraulic tower.
Would any of the blocks in this thread work on a B7001?
I know nothing about that model but I am guessing no. But creating a tap is not rocket science. Got a picture or two of the pressure line plumbing between the pump and tramsmission?

Dan