B7100 Hydraulic block diverter (70060-00360 or 70070-00385)

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
The B7001 was the Japanese market version of the B7100, and so it shares much of the same parts.

Look on the right side, just rear of the engine behind the fuel filter. Does it have the block pictured in the first post of this thread? If so, then this cover will work on your machine. If not, then you will have to cut into the line, as Dan mentions.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
L.S.
New to the group from Ireland.
I have a B7001 that I would like to use to erect and lower my 3KW wind turbine on a 8m hydraulic tower.
Would any of the blocks in this thread work on a B7001?
Yes it will work if you have the matching female side of the block.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
L.S.
New to the group from Ireland.
I have a B7001 that I would like to use to erect and lower my 3KW wind turbine on a 8m hydraulic tower.
Would any of the blocks in this thread work on a B7001?
If you don't have the block, there IS probably another option.

Under the front of the seat you should have a hydraulic power take-off valve and port. Like so:

hydraulic_takeoff_from_B7100HST_WSM_indexed_Page_1.jpg

Two issues. 1. you can't use the 3ph simultaneously -- it's either/or. The valve diverts the fluid flow from the 3ph lift cylinder to the port. When diverted, the lever you normally use to control the 3ph will operate the implement instead. Which may be an advantage -- you don't need to buy an expensive spool valve to raise and lower your tower.

2. When used as shown above, the single-acting cylinder will be reducing the volume of hydraulic fluid in the tractor case. Erecting an 8m tower sounds like you might need a substantial cylinder. Depending on the length and diameter of the cylinder you plan to use, this may be a problem.

But it is possible to configure the valve to supply a double-acting cylinder. While a double acting cylinder will still reduce the fluid in the tractor as it extends, that is partially offset by the fluid return line -- in effect, the cylinder becomes a partial reservoir. To run a double acting cylinder, the port would be plumbed like this instead:

hydraulic_takeoff_from_B7100HST_WSM_indexed_Page_2.jpg

Of course, plumbing a double acting cylinder means you need to add a separate spool valve to control the tower cylinder.

Note that the cylinder volume is a potential issue if you use the hydraulic block method too. The only advantage of the hydraulic block method is you retain the use of the 3ph.

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Further on the available fluid volume and single-acting vs double acting:

My FEL has 4 double acting cylinders, each 2" diameter bore and 16" stroke with a 1.25" diameter piston.

To extend one piston (as with a single acting cylinder) requires (2/2)1^2(pi) x 16" or 50.26 cu. in. of fluid so extending all 4 would require 200.96 cu. in. (3.29 litres).

But! Because my cylinders are double-acting, the piston is returning some fluid back to the reservoir while it is extending. Not the full 50.26 cu. in, since the piston itself occupies some of that space: (1.25)^2(pi) x 16 = 31.42 cu. in. But it does return 18.84 cu. in. to the reservoir.

As a result, fully extending all 4 double-acting cylinders only displaces a total of 75.4 cu. in. (a little under 1-1/4 litres). I would suggest this is probably pretty close to the safe limit of these tractors. The total capacity of the gear-drive B7100 is 11.5 litres and I believe your B7001 is similar, but you can't draw that down to nothing; you need to leave a reserve for cooling and lubrication.

I don't know what size cylinder(s) you are contemplating, but I suspect the weight of a 3kw turbine on the end of an 8m long lever will require some oomf -- some combination of large diameter/ multiple cylinders/ long strokes -- depending on your design. You have some calculations to make, if you have not already. When calculating the force that your cylinders can apply (ie: area of piston x pressure), figure on a maximum of 1700 psi available from the on-board hydraulic pump.

Last edited:

tsp159

Equipment
B7100D
Feb 8, 2023
Fort Bend Texas
I have been supplying 1" OD o-rings based on what my machine had between the block and the cover. I just had some feedback that the o-ring was too large, and that the OEM o-ring in one particular B7100 was 7/8" OD. Has anyone else found the o-rings I supplied were too large?
Yes - unfortunately the 1" o-rings just didn't want to work. I was able to re-use my old ones. Otherwise, very nice bit of kit!

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
The pump is behind the sidecover, hidden by the air intake. I can see the line that comes from the pump and there's definitely no block. No diverter under the seat either, which really surprises me. Maybe very early model or maybe the Japanese home market didn't get them (the one visible warning label is in Japanese characters).

Well, like Dan said, you can always cut the line and fabricate your own set up. WARNING: you will need to ensure you have a way for the oil to circulate when the windmill tower is disconnected! If you run that tractor without a way for the oil to circulate, you WILL damage something in seconds.

Nor can you simply install a tee in the line. The 3ph has a built-in method of circulating oil so you will never build pressure in your accessory if you simply install a tee.

I suggest you study the manual carefully, draw what you think you want to do, and start a new thread on the topic for further advice.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The pump is behind the sidecover, hidden by the air intake. I can see the line that comes from the pump and there's definitely no block. No diverter under the seat either, which really surprises me. Maybe very early model or maybe the Japanese home market didn't get them (the one visible warning label is in Japanese characters).

Well, like Dan said, you can always cut the line and fabricate your own set up. WARNING: you will need to ensure you have a way for the oil to circulate when the windmill tower is disconnected! If you run that tractor without a way for the oil to circulate, you WILL damage something in seconds.

Nor can you simply install a tee in the line. The 3ph has a built-in method of circulating oil so you will never build pressure in your accessory if you simply install a tee.

I suggest you study the manual carefully, draw what you think you want to do, and start a new thread on the topic for further advice.
Probably no need to cut anything.

Purchase a control valve with power beyond and inlet pressure relief - in Europe power beyond is often called high pressure carry over. Your choice - one, two, three, or a hundred spools on the valve 🤔 Mount it anywhere convenient.

Now remove the high pressure line and install banjos on the tranamission and pump ports.

Using hoses connect the banjo on the pump.port to the P port on the new valve.

Connect the HPCO port on the new valve to the banjo on the transmission port.

Run a third hose from the T port on the valve back to the tractor sump - oil filler is a commonly used place for that return.

Your new remote valve is ready for use - just connect the implement(s) to the work ports on the valve.

Dan

Last edited:

Jouke

Equipment
Kubota B7001, Wood chipper, box, mower
Dec 2, 2023
Ireland
Thank you Dan, Torch, TheOldHokie et all for your replies.
May have to call upon the expertise of the local Hydraulics expert. Fortunately I am near Castletownbere where there are lots of fishing vessels with lots of hydraulics .

The tower weights 400Kg and the turbine 180Kg. It comes with a manual hydraulics pump and one bidrecational cylinder. Docs say it take 30 mins to erect it manually.

Jouke

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thank you Dan, Torch, TheOldHokie et all for your replies.
May have to call upon the expertise of the local Hydraulics expert. Fortunately I am near Castletownbere where there are lots of fishing vessels with lots of hydraulics .

The tower weights 400Kg and the turbine 180Kg. It comes with a manual hydraulics pump and one bidrecational cylinder. Docs say it take 30 mins to erect it manually.

Jouke
Yikes!!! If that has to go up and down on a regular basis that's definitly a job for the tractor!

Dan

Jouke

Equipment
Dec 2, 2023
Ireland
Indeed. Hopefully only once a year for maintetance, but nevertheless a bit of tractor power would be great.

Jouke

torch

Equipment
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
What is the diameter and stroke of the cylinder?

If the tractor does not have sufficient fluid capacity, it could still be used to run a PTO pump and external reservoir.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us

If the tractor does not have sufficient fluid capacity, it could still be used to run a PTO pump and external reservoir.
I seriously doubt thats going to be a problem. When extending a DA cylinder all you lose is the volume of the rod. My little B7200 has no problems with my 4 x 24 log splitter cylinder. The 1.5" rod displaces 42 cubic inches = .75 quarts.

Dan

Last edited:

Jouke

Equipment
Dec 2, 2023
Ireland
The

AN external pump might be the cleaner alternative. It'll leave the tractor in peace.
Are these expensive?

Jouke

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
The

AN external pump might be the cleaner alternative. It'll leave the tractor in peace.
Are these expensive?

Jouke
Its not cleaner. Its 3X the cost, ties up the 3pt, and much more complicated.

Assuming the pipe pump connection to the pump is the same as the trsnsmission all ypu need ro run a cylinder is a couple fittings, a few hoses, and a valve. Hookup time about an hour.

Dan

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I was just going to reccomend FlowFit as a source for parts.

Dan

Last edited: