B7000 owners wanted

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Interesting! Since our machines are so similar, I'm providing feedback on my B6100D fuel lines in hope that yours are the same.

I've verified my thought that my fuel lines are 1/4" (0.254", painted).

Sadly, the two choices Tiny-Tach offer for diesel fuel line pickups are 6mm and 1/4". You may know that 6mm, 0.23622", is a tiny bit bigger than 15/64". I don't have any idea what measurement standard is common in Thailand; I suggest getting a 1/4" and a 6mm drill bit (or a 15/64") and use them to determine your fuel line diameter.

I've tried phoning Tiny-Tach but got no answer -- prolly no Sat. hours. I'll try again Monday and inquire if they know the B7000's fuel line diameter. (Don't thank me! I thank you because I intended to use the magnetic pickup type (which I use on my bicycles and find very effective) but I like the fuel line sensor idea better and I appreciate your research. ;))

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
TC, here's something I found on another forum. Maybe it helps.

PM WolfMan and see if he know if the BX23 fuel line compares to yours. I just googled "tiny tach for kubota" to get more infor then I had time to read.

Default Re: Tiny-tach/Diesel RPMs on a BX23

"Not sure about other kubota models, but on my BX23, you need the 6 mm transducer. The tach is bigger than the hour meter and won't fit in the hour meter slot unless you expand it. I just stuck it on the top of the dashboard with double sided tape."

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
I don't have any idea what measurement standard is common in Thailand; I suggest getting a 1/4" and a 6mm drill bit (or a 15/64") and use them to determine your fuel line diameter./QUOTE]

Good idea on comparing drill bits. BTW, Thailand uses metric.

Attachments

ShaunBlake

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6100D; B219; Piranha bar; Hodge stabilizers; Filled Ag rears; R322T w/48" deck
Dec 21, 2014
Sugar Hill -- next door to Buford, GA
Just spoke to a very knowledgeable lady at DTI; she informed me that US tractors' fuel lines are 1/4" and foreign tractors use 6mm. (That made me worried because mine miked .254" and I had serious doubts that it had .015" of paint on it. Then I realized that it was likely built in the factory up the road from me.)

At any rate, now you can order yours.

I, meanwhile, will have to strip paint off mine and measure again before ordering mine.

Oh, have you decided how/where to mount it? I'm inclined to cut a hole in the dashboard and mount it flush, but since the display is LCD, it'll likely be difficult to read in bright sunlight. I've read somewhere of a guy intending to fashion a sun shade for an add-on gauge, which would prolly work better if the gauge is mounted on the surface.

Tomcat

Equipment
B7000 4WD, RS1(?) rototiller, Konik 125 ATV
Nov 19, 2014
Thailand
I suspected it was 6mm but didn't want to trust my $3 caliper. There's a spot on the left side of the dash that seemed like a good mounting location.

Attachments

trinityBE

Equipment
B7000
Aug 10, 2016
Belgium:Essen
Hi,

Just a fellow B7000 owner here :D

I've got mine now for a couple months, mostly just sitting there. I've just fixed my 3PH keep going down (changed the O-ring in piston). And change the air filter, motor oil + filter.

I've ordered a water temp gauge, because i want to know how hot it gets after a few hours of plowing ;) Also a engine hour meter so i know when to service again (every 50 hours).

Now i'm looking/researching into how to build a fuel level gauge. Because i don't want to keep checking the fuel level manually every hour.

I enjoy my B7000 a lot just working on it :D