Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I share my little house with 6 Sheps. The one showing the big smile has taught each new pup the way of the pack. She looks scary but she has lovingly protected each pup as they join us.
Good looking family there!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Just got thru watching K 9 cops. Cop asked the bad guy why he gave himself up so easy. His words, " I saw that K9 car roll up and I sure didn't want to get bit by a dog with 2 inch teeth"!!! Looking at bearbait's dog, I agree.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Our little girl is getting big. at 15 weeks old she's up to 31 lbs. with an average of 3lbs a week. So she's gonna probably settle in at around 60lbs full grown. We've finally got her out of the biting, and she's getting really lovable. My wife's teaching her bad habits though :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Wolfman needs to upgrade his mattress and donate that to his puppies. They would fill up their own bedroom (the wolf den). Oh wait, that's right. After going through all that effort, they'd still want to be where mom is.

Never mind.

Its 3:35 here and my bed contains two dogs, two cats, and my wife curled up in a ball in her corner of the bed. She wouldn't have it any other way this time of year.

Come summer, everyone is banned from the bed because they are all atomic heat generators, especially the cats.

Sean, do your wolves snore? My cats snore and my dogs occasionally do. We call them "So-Norin' (Sonoran) cats. :)

Last edited:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Wolfman, where do you sleep :) I got back at my wife for teaching her to take my side of the bed. I sicked her on momma this morning :D:D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
sheepfarmer, Daren Todd,
I did actually manage to sleep in there too, Vixen would always make sure I had room.

CaveCreekRay,
Yes Vixen did snore, but I loved it, it was actually a calming sound not annoying.
Now Mika the malamute on the other hand, I have to make her to roll over sometimes when she gets to snoring!

That's a California king, we will be upgrading and adding a twin or double at the end if we keep this up.
You never get cold sleeping with that many wolfs and pups!

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
well I'm more of a "dog person" than a cat person. I'll tolerate felines but rather have a dog.

Live by myself and since I work full time, I'm away from home often. I couldn't leave a dog alone that long. Got lonely by myself and adopted a stray kitten who's mom died just after birth. Lady I got it from was bottle feeding it; so I continued that until it was about 6 months old give or take.

Anyway this little cat is just over a year old. It fetches like a dog. It sits when I tell it to, well most of the time. I had her fixed last year. Earlier today between storms I had a chance to pull the transmission out of the Mustang. While I was under it fighting to get the trans out, the cat bought me a mouse, as if I wanted it. I went ahead and killed it and kicked it back over to her and she finished it off. She eats everything. Just like a dog but this little thing eats EVERYTHING...including spiders, ants, cornbread, flour, sugar, mice, rats, she tried killing a crow last week but that didn't go as planned, etc. Last April during the rains, she found and nabbed a crawdad out of the ditch, and brought it to me involuntarily. It was attached to her hair kind of between her front legs. I got it off and she wanted to play with it some more and learned that pinchers hurt cat tongues. Last August she found and killed a scorpion, and ate it. She fell over and kind of went into convulsions. I figured she's toast. In a few minutes, she got up like nothing happened. Right after I got the kitten, well about 3 months or so, I found her out in the shop bloodied up and barely moving. Doctored it up as best I could. I just knew she was going to die based on how she was acting, really lethargic, kept to herself in a corner of the shop, wanted nothing to do with me, etc. But I got her over to the vet, got some shots and stitches and she's good as new. Only problem I have with it is that she likes to bite, I assume for attention or play but it's getting better slowly. Kitten teeth are like needles.

she stays out in the shop, ain't seen an insect, mouse, or anything in there in about a year, aside from the ones she brings in sometimes.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
lugbolt,

I always loved cats but was allergic to them. Then I met my wife and she had a cat. Her response was, "The cat was here first. Get over it." I did. We have had cats (and dogs) for 35 years.

The current pair of sisters were from a feral mother. A little skittish at first, these two are the biggest "lap whores" that ever were. They come when called by name, love my dogs, and are total creatures of habit. They have never clawed my dogs despite being unruly puppies. Great companions and amazing pets.

Ray

Corney

Equipment
L1500DT, front end loader, mower, tiller, snow blower
We are not real big pet people, I sure wouldn't want a pile of dogs in my bed! I get that makes people happy. We had 7 dogs at my folks for Christmas Day!

We have the Kubota Bros that are in charge of vermin control and crapping in the gardens. Had 20 mice in traps last year in the shop. None this year since these three came to live in the bale hut outside. My wife lets them in the porch, loves them up and kicks them out.

Attachments