Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
All you need do is look at that picture and you can see just how abused that poor pup is ;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Apparently I needed some maulings:D:D

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Unfortunately I only have one little buddy left inside however outside is a different story. Every morning I have Blacky (crows) and the boys and girls sitting in the trees waiting for breakfast which have become really tame, also Cooter the morning dove and his or her pals, more bluejays than I can count waiting for their beef fattener and chicken hotdogs sliced up thin and then there's Bud and Weiser (rabbits) waiting for carrots and also 4 or 5 eagles. Today I finished up in the garage and when I walked outside I took an eagle by surprise when it was coming to the yard. Well it decided to take a hard left and flew chest first into the power line. It was fine but I'm sure it had that look on it's face, nobody seen that right? With all that I still find myself putting more and more thought into rescuing another dog, not a small decision at my age but there is only one thing better than the love of a pet, yup you guessed it, the love of 2 pets.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Unfortunately I only have one little buddy left inside however outside is a different story. Every morning I have Blacky (crows) and the boys and girls sitting in the trees waiting for breakfast which have become really tame, also Cooter the morning dove and his or her pals, more bluejays than I can count waiting for their beef fattener and chicken hotdogs sliced up thin and then there's Bud and Weiser (rabbits) waiting for carrots and also 4 or 5 eagles. Today I finished up in the garage and when I walked outside I took an eagle by surprise when it was coming to the yard. Well it decided to take a hard left and flew chest first into the power line. It was fine but I'm sure it had that look on it's face, nobody seen that right? With all that I still find myself putting more and more thought into rescuing another dog, not a small decision at my age but there is only one thing better than the love of a pet, yup you guessed it, the love of 2 pets.
Im glad you said rescue another one if you decide to get another.

A place my wife used to work at would take in donations for the local rescue in the area we used to live. My wife new I always wanted a black lab. So one day she goes and drops off the donations and I get a picture text of a black lab pup (I also only wanted a female as well, and it just happened to be!). Needless to say the next day we were back at the rescue taking her home with us! She’s not full blooded lab, we suspect she a lab/pit mix, but she’s been a great dog. She is 8 years old now and my wife keeps saying we should get another one, but with two little kids, both of us work full time about 30 minutes away from home, I’m just not ready to go thru the puppy phase again (I would prefer a pup over an older dog).

Buddy of mine just had to have a high dollar full blood lab, came from a reputable breeder with many champion hunting dogs. That dog doesnt hunt and has had so many expensive health issues along the way. Probably luck of the draw, but only place I would get another is from a rescue.

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
6E32FAB9-9501-4525-B480-7BA5BA46DD7D.jpg
We got Lacey from a rescue, somebody’s throw away.
She is a Sweetheart.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Im glad you said rescue another one if you decide to get another.

A place my wife used to work at would take in donations for the local rescue in the area we used to live. My wife new I always wanted a black lab. So one day she goes and drops off the donations and I get a picture text of a black lab pup (I also only wanted a female as well, and it just happened to be!). Needless to say the next day we were back at the rescue taking her home with us! She’s not full blooded lab, we suspect she a lab/pit mix, but she’s been a great dog. She is 8 years old now and my wife keeps saying we should get another one, but with two little kids, both of us work full time about 30 minutes away from home, I’m just not ready to go thru the puppy phase again (I would prefer a pup over an older dog).

Buddy of mine just had to have a high dollar full blood lab, came from a reputable breeder with many champion hunting dogs. That dog doesnt hunt and has had so many expensive health issues along the way. Probably luck of the draw, but only place I would get another is from a rescue.
Almost like you were reading my mind. I also always wanted a black lab and if and when pretty sure a female. My first dog as a kid was a border collie mix and she was a great dog, loyal to the end and very smart.

Newlyme, congrats man, she's a beauty!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Rescue dogs are 100% AWESOME! :D

Ask all 9 of mine, they will tell ya how awesome they are! :p

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Getting some momma time. :D

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Who taught these dogs to tell time and why are their clocks always 5 minutes fast?;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Who taught these dogs to tell time and why are their clocks always 5 minutes fast?;)
This was this morning. :D She tucked in while momma had to go to work.

You can tell she's abused :eek:

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Diesel's getting some grandma time in :D :D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member