Awesome dogs / Crazy pets Thread

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
My "lap whore" Cuga... She owns me. Won't take no for an answer when it comes to lap time...

Attachments

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Well Ray, if you can't be kind to pets you can't be kind to anything!:)

My cat. Bob, jumps up on my desk, immediately gets in my lap, then goes right back to the desk. He invariably ends up with his right hip on the left edge of my keyboard. I find my text size changing as I scroll my mouse.... cause he's got too much weight on the Ctrl key!!!!

But, if I just pick up the air duster can he's gone. Don't have to spray it, just show him.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
I put feet on my desk. Then get paw reach up to tap my leg. If the keyboard doesn't move from her spot the I will get that single claw poke reminder.
cat.jpg

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
These posts bring up a discussion my wife and I have on a regular bases. Who is actually doing the training? You, or your pet? :confused::p:D

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
You really don't have to ask do you DT?

Nope. Mine teach me a new trick daily :eek: The latest was from our german shepherd. She has figured out how to get me to move at night so she can take my spot on the bed :rolleyes: She starts out at the foot of the bed and gets me to move my legs. Then inches up till she can get me in the kidneys with a paw. I roll towards the middle and she stretches out where I was sleeping complete with her head on the pillow. Finally figured it how she was doing it this morning :rolleyes:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457903667.461644.jpg

At least she will give me a hug after stealing my spot :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457904255.657792.jpg

Last edited:

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Friend of my wife brought her cute new female puppy over this week. Its a short-hair rescue mix with stand-up ears and a look that tells you its a smart little biter.

My wife had our dogs in the house so as "not traumatize the new 3 mo old puppy." I waved the BS flag on that one. The puppy had come from a rescue situation with loads of other dogs.

I brought my female out who is sweet with other dogs and she didn't know what to think of this little dog. Puppies and kids she never gets to see very often.

Within a few minutes the puppy was bounding around trying to chase my dog until she crawled under the chair I was in as if to say, "HELP! MAKE IT STOP!" The puppy was on a roll, so I brought out my 50 lb male Terrier as back-up. He is a little high energy at first but he too was soon hightailing it as the puppy was chasing him around, biting his tail. Everyone had a fun afternoon. The next morning, the first thing my dogs did when they went out the door was to run to the furniture and sniff where the puppy had been.

I am thinking they just made a great new friend, even though she will be bitey and goofy for a few more months. This puppy kept running under the furniture banging its head. Her paws are big and under marginal control. Ahhh youth.

After the puppy went home, we were glad to be out of the biting/chewing/peeing phase. Puppies of friends are like grandkids: Fun to play with but its good you can give them back to their parents. :)

I think the only one slightly traumatized was my female (the white one) but she'll get over it. Funny, the whole time, the only barking came from the puppy.

Ray

Attachments

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
she didn't know what to think of this little dog.
This line reminded me of our White German Shepherd Einstein's reaction to our first Shih Tzu rescue. After the first day of running him ragged, chasing, biting, barking, & stealing his toys, she finally wound down & took a nap. We slid her pillow next to Einstein's bed, and you can almost read his question from the look on his face-"What, you mean we're going to keep this thing?"
They become best buds, little sister & big brother. Both gone now, but they'll always stay in our thoughts & hearts.

Attachments

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
AVOID DISASTERS LIKE THIS - When you buy a dog kit ... Please, READ THE INSTRUCTIONS before assembling!

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Wellllll i just got back from the vet,,, Seems FurFace was out chasing chipmunks in the wood pile, which in it self is a very good thing for cats to do. And I hear the most bloody curdling scream by the pile,,, I went out and there is a small hawk latched on the hind quarters of the cat,,, Now I have to say FurFace was givin as good as she got there is fur and feathers all over the place. Anyways out I go, pistola in hand,, the hawk lets go of the cat, and is trying to take off,, cat is pissed and trying to take down the hawk,, bird flys away,,, She comes over all bloody not good but purring when I petted her,,, wrap up call the vet,, she got 31 stitches nothing tore up in side, but the muscles on her back leg are a bit of a mess, and a bunch of scratched from the birds beak Im thinking,,,
So if you have something small out side keep an eye on them theres death from above

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Good idea,, baby daughters little dogs aint allowed out alone go out with the big dogs too,,, something about coyotes

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Hope your little buddy is alright Skeets. We had our cat go missing a few years back, always thought it was a fox or coyote, never considered a hawk.

Last edited:

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Hope your little buddy is alright Skeets. We had our car go missing a few years back, always thought it was a fox or coyote, never considered a hawk.
Yeah from me too, Skeets, and also look out for the owls at night. We have big owls, hawks, and even eagles according to my neighbor. Not to mention the occasional bobcat. Surprising considering how close to Lansing. I have startled an owl on the road with a full size rabbit and it took off and dropped it. Trying to convince my half grown kitten that she is not going outside to explore.

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
A contractor friend was at a job site talking to another contractor. A lady walks by with a little dachshund on a leash. A few minutes later, they hear the woman scream. When they look, they see the dachshund hanging from the talons of an eagle, the leash dangling from the dog's neck. As is typical, the eagle dropped the catch into the rocks from a pretty good height, all with this lady watching. That had to have been a rough day for her...

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Gosh, Skeets, hope your cat recuperates quickly!!

We now have a sustaining population of Bald Eagles in these parts last few years. Hear of occasional issues with small pets. They are SO GREAT to see!!!

This is also migration season for many raptors. You see some in this neck of the woods you won't see any other time of the year, except their trip south in the fall. I think there is a "Hawk Mountain" in PA that is known for the migration.

Best wishes, skeets!:)

Last edited:

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Coyotes & raptors snatching small dogs & cats is a fairly common occurrence out here, especially in the Sun City area, near me. (lots of golf courses & desert for habitat, lots of oldsters with small pets)
We once had a coyote make a beeline for our Shih Tzu while we were getting the mail from the community mailbox. Then our White Shepherd stepped from behind the mailbox... I think the coyote lost all the skin from his paws sliding to a stop & doing a burnout in the opposite direction.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We were concerned about hawks with our miniature dachshund. We've seen a couple perched in a tree watching the yard. But never once did they go after him.

Another thing to watch out for is rated poison. Wife was at the vets yesterday to drop gypsy off to get spayed. A lady came rushing in with her dog right behind my wife. The poor thing got a hold of those bait packs for mice :eek: Never did find out how the pooch made out.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
First night after surgery. Didn't want her to injure herself, and had to figure out how to keep her from climbing up in bed with us. She tends to slip and slide on the linoleum. So we were worried about her pulling stitches.

This was the solution :rolleyes: she's "Not" spoiled. Just well loved :rolleyes:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458393630.143875.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: