Status
Not open for further replies.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
I wonder when the CDC will order everyone to wear glasses or goggles because viruses can be caught through the eye membranes.

random

Equipment
L3301, bucket, backhoe, grader, plow, harrow, cultivator
Nov 2, 2020
NC
I wonder when the CDC will order everyone to wear glasses or goggles because viruses can be caught through the eye membranes.
Actually, Fauci suggested that a few months ago. But I never saw him follow up by doing it.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Or ear coverings.

They should have started with the ear coverings, a lot of the BS would have been blissfully ignored.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
It doesn't matter how good the hand sanitizer smells, you shouldn't come out of the bathroom sniffing your fingers. :rolleyes:

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Our 2th Moderna shots were scheduled for tomorrow but due to the weather, they have been rescheduled for the same time Sunday.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
The wife and I got our second "stick" with Moderna this afternoon so now we shall see......or not. ???

Reactions: 1 users

Poohbear

Equipment
L3301 HST, LA525, LP shredder, BB1566 box blade, QH10, Worksaver pallet fork
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
My Wife & I have been attempting to just get on some bodies waiting list for over two weeks now . No joy. She needs it more than me as she has stage 3 Parkinson's. This is the downside to living in a rural small town.
Our county even lost its only hospital a few years back

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City

Poohbear

Equipment
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
Perhaps we're taking care of folks crossing the southern boarder illegally before you!

The unconstitution
Perhaps we're taking care of folks crossing the southern boarder illegally before you!

with the elimination of ICE by the clown in the White House it's going to be a tidal wave of what's now called " undocumented citizens ". Ya'll up north better start learning Spanish
Just a little over a 100 yrs ago, 1917 , the Feds gave out rifles/pistol to our border population and deputized them to STOP the flow of illegals from the south.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

They are testing them not vaccinating them. You’d rather they turn them loose if positive to infect the rest of us? You’d rather they confine them at high density where ALL of them can catch it? Quarantining those who test positive is the lesser of several evils it seems to me.

armylifer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX1860, FEL, RCK54P MMM, BB1548 Box Scraper, Quick Hitch, Piranha Bar, BX6315
Mar 26, 2013
Thurston County, WA
They are testing them not vaccinating them. You’d rather they turn them loose if positive to infect the rest of us? You’d rather they confine them at high density where ALL of them can catch it? Quarantining those who test positive is the lesser of several evils it seems to me.
The lesser of several evils is to build the wall and defend it.

Poohbear

Equipment
Jul 6, 2018
Gilmer,Tx,United States
I honestly don't care if they have coved, clap, or whooping cough, shove them back across the border. What part of being in our country illegally do you not understand ? If these invaders just got exposed say an hour before being apprehended , does the test show they have been exposed ?
Yes I'm selfish. The vaccines the US taxpayer paid to develop should be ONLY for US Citizens then take care of everybody else, period

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
We got our second shots of Moderna Sunday and felt a bit puny yesterday. I was planning to take it easy today until the phone rung. Yup a sawmilling job. He asked when and I replied how about now, so off I went.
E33F425C-5F61-4297-A94E-8DF268103710.jpeg

A nice whack of logs.
87D6CF13-9991-45DD-8BCF-8406F1A36439.jpeg

Only 6 more to saw tomorrow. The point being that I had no ill affects from the shot.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
I sawed yesterday and today and still with no ill affects from the 2nd shot.
03E01048-42E0-4C8A-B1CF-C4975B964AC4.jpeg

I finished the job. (y)

Reactions: 1 user

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
Nice Magicman,

It looks like you do good work. I've been mulling over buying a starter sawmill lately.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
I'm scheduled for my 1st on Friday. 💉

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
Yeah, the mention of Polyethylene Glycol as a vehicle bothered me just a tad. Take the Poly off, and you've got anti-freeze. I'm not a tractor that needs protection from freezing.
Salt water is also an anti-freeze, yet that is the main ingredient in most IVs. PG is a common compound found in many foods and medicines. Boil a pot of spaghetti sauce and you will inhale a dose of PG.

Not to be confused with ethylene glycol, which is toxic.

It's like the difference between ethyl alcohol and methyl alcohol. The first will get you happy, the second will get you dead. ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Old_Paint

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX2610SU, LA535 FEL w/54" bucket, LandPride BB1248, Woodland Mills WC-68
Dec 5, 2020
AL
Salt water is also an anti-freeze, yet that is the main ingredient in most IVs. PG is a common compound found in many foods and medicines. Boil a pot of spaghetti sauce and you will inhale a dose of PG.

Not to be confused with ethylene glycol, which is toxic.

It's like the difference between ethyl alcohol and methyl alcohol. The first will get you happy, the second will get you dead. ;)
Yup, I remember my high school chemistry, biology, and anatomy well enough to know that "Poly" makes a HUGE difference in something that has absolutely no effect, and something that as you say, "will make you dead". In the 30's and early 40's, the hobos (what we call homeless now) would mix ethyl and methyl to stretch their 'good stuff'. Some people even resulted to drinking turpentine during Prohibition because they couldn't find or afford to buy whiskey. Many had no idea they were poisoning themselves because most were relatively uneducated, and there weren't no CDC or Poison Hotline for better information.

I know exactly what saline means too. Blood has a large amount of salt in it, and salt is the essence of life, but too much, and it becomes poison. Pretty much the golden rule for anything. Too much of anything is bad for you. Too much Kool-Aid is REALLY bad for you. I don't worship in the church of Fauci. I'm still trying to figure out when/how he did anything that was worth a $1M payday. Sounds a little too much like TV evangelism to me. And where did that $1M come from? Hmmmmmm? I'd bet pretty steep odds at least part of it came from Big Pharma.

When someone can tell me that a one-dose one time vaccine is 100% effective and has ZERO side effects or symptoms, then I'll consider taking it. When a doctor says "Let's try this", I say no, I'm not a lab rat. There's an awful lot of guesswork and trial-and-error in medicine. Taking a shot that could kill me is not something I can bring myself to do. Yes, I know, the virus can kill me too, but I like my chances of not catching it to start with, a LOT better than the odds of something going terribly wrong because I got a free shot.

I don't believe for one second that the spread of this disease is either accidental or unintentional. It seems strangely coincidental with multiple countries collaborating to become trade independent from one particular country, where admittedly, the virus originated, as did every flu pandemic since the Spanish flu. Coincidence? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.