Anyone seen or made a Grand L 60 fuel fill mesh strainer/filter?

kubotafreak

Equipment
GRAND l6060, L3560, B6100, gr2100, tg 1860, g1800, g1900, g2160
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Anyone seen or made a Grand L 60 fuel fill filter? I have never seen one advertised or listed in the parts breakout. I figure Kubota just forgot to make one for this model. I know the fill spout has a recess that would facilitate one but without knowing the width of all the ones Kubota makes, it would be quite the trial and error. Someone at a dealer would be best to see what filter part number would work. It seems like I see a lot of individuals blowing the lines back on their fuel supply. I figure this would solve some headache for them. I personally have a filtered supply tank, but would still like the insurance of a strainer on the 3" opening.

Reactions: 1 user

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I got this made a while back - cost a little penny too! However if it went to production, it would have been a lot cheaper. Stainless steel - something like 75 micron, fits inside - never need to remove other than to dump out debris.

What is the exact ID of the filler hole on the L60?

Attachments

Last edited:

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
I got this made a while back - cost a little penny too! However if it went to production, it would have been a lot cheaper. Stainless steel - something like 75 micron, fits inside - never need to remove other than to dump out debris.

Not bad, does that seal correctly? it is above the flange so the cap gasket would be against the strainer lip.

kubotafreak

Equipment
Sep 20, 2018
Arkansas, US
Not following the need. Keep bugs out maybe?
L60 have a dual split tank under the station. Is a major pita to drop if you have a loader.

More for sanity than anything. The mouth on the fill spout is over 3 inches. Never fails, I'm mowing and the wind is blowing and I know grass, bugs or other junk can fall in. Would be cheap insurance. There is a post someone made about filling dirty kerosene in his tank. If he had one of these the sediment wouldn't have gotten in the tank.

Attachments

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Not following the need. Keep bugs out maybe?
The first time I cleaned the water separator on the 3560 I found no water but rather a perfectly recognizable alfalfa leaf and a horse hair. Figure it must have come in off my coat while I was holding the jug. After that I got a Mr Funnel which has a fine mesh screen and brush my coat off before I take the cap off.

Reactions: 1 users

bird dogger

Vendor Member

Equipment
Kubota B2650 and lots of other equipment
Feb 24, 2019
North Dakota
L60 have a dual split tank under the station. Is a major pita to drop if you have a loader.

More for sanity than anything. The mouth on the fill spout is over 3 inches. Never fails, I'm mowing and the wind is blowing and I know grass, bugs or other junk can fall in. Would be cheap insurance. There is a post someone made about filling dirty kerosene in his tank. If he had one of these the sediment wouldn't have gotten in the tank.
Looking at your pic in this post it seems you could have someone 3D print that framework and you could line it with the mesh of your choice maybe? they could also 3D print some retainer rings that could go around the outside or inside to help keep the mesh in place while it's secured with some fuel resistant adhesive.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
The first time I cleaned the water separator on the 3560 I found no water but rather a perfectly recognizable alfalfa leaf and a horse hair. Figure it must have come in off my coat while I was holding the jug. After that I got a Mr Funnel which has a fine mesh screen and brush my coat off before I take the cap off.
Have the big one as well. Hardly ever use it though. My fuel gets filtered twice before it ever gets in the fuel tanks. I rarely ever have anything in the separator bowl. Change my spin on fuel filter and clean the bowl every time I change the engine oil. One issue with them is, they don't fit well in the fuel filler on the cab tractor. The filler neck is too close to the cab so the funnel sits cockeyed.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca

I like the looks of that but have many memories of getting sudden gasoline splash back refuelling small engines. I don't like wearing diesel cologne.

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I like the looks of that but have many memories of getting sudden gasoline splash back refuelling small engines. I don't like wearing diesel cologne.
Splash back is not a problem at all - it goes through as fast as you can pour- but what can be a real PITA is getting near the full mark and then NOT paying attention as the fuel rises ...... and it spills over.

I don't end up wearing it - I end up cleaning up after;)

I made a permanent "bent" nozzle that allows a pour to hit the bottom of the filter and not the sides. No splash - no overfill

Attachments

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
I see Kubota offers an insert strainer for the fuel fillers on select models, however I bet it fits them all in as much as the filler neck diameter is pretty consistent across all models. Like $11 bucks.

smittydog27

Equipment
L3901DT, MX5200DT, Case 450, 1450 dozers, Case 530 const. king backhoe/loader
Dec 11, 2018
Huntington
I see Kubota offers an insert strainer for the fuel fillers on select models, however I bet it fits them all in as much as the filler neck diameter is pretty consistent across all models. Like $11 bucks.

Part number or web reference?

My case 450 has a brass drop in strainer for it’s diesel tank ( fill hole strainer )

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Part number or web reference?

My case 450 has a brass drop in strainer for it’s diesel tank ( fill hole strainer )
Here you go.... 11 bucks at Coleman Kubota....

For some reason it won't allow me to link it but goggle up 'Fuel Tank Strainer for Kubota' and it will pop up. Fits numerous Kubota tractors and Coleman Equipment has them in stock.

Just ordered one from my local dealer.

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
Splash back is not a problem at all - it goes through as fast as you can pour- but what can be a real PITA is getting near the full mark and then NOT paying attention as the fuel rises ...... and it spills over.

I don't end up wearing it - I end up cleaning up after;)

I made a permanent "bent" nozzle that allows a pour to hit the bottom of the filter and not the sides. No splash - no overfill
Where did you get yours? Do you have a part number?

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Where did you get yours? Do you have a part number?
Mike - you mean the filter or the nozzle? Nozzle was bought off Amazon along with shrink tubing and the filter was a custom design - but it could be made again.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Top 3 work fine. The rest not so good. Messicks is a bit higher (and you get to pay for shipping as well), than my local dealer was (no shipping, they deliver to the farm). it was $11.35 for me. I bought 2. One for each unit. Probably be here next week. Not that I need them in reality but one never knows do they.