Another Am I getting Shafted Question

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
re: this.....
The tractors were available at other dealers across the country. Not many, but several had one in stock.

I would have looked into buying one from one of them,including shipping charges.

I know, too late, but for month and months, guys here have been posting about 'supply chain issues', 'no stock', 'unknown delivery times' let alone jacked up prices.

While I'd like to 'buy and support local', given the state of the economy and the fact MY hourglass has far less grains in it, so....if I want something, I'll buy it from whomever has it IN STOCK.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
Attorneys are really “friendly” when solicting your retainer…they will tell you how right you are and how you can win your case….then they shift to a “compromise” positon after you’ve retained them…

Beware.

Reactions: 1 users

TSqurd

Jan 31, 2022
East Coast
Have had a tractor on order since early this year. Several missed delivery dates, now expecting "early spring" delivery. Never any mention of any price changes to our original agreement. Reached out to my dealer after seeing this thread and now getting a very similar story now as the original poster - Kubota no longer price protection. Kubota is putting its dealers in a very difficult spot from a customer relationship and potentially legal stand point .

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
I think some parts are made for Kubota in China…where a Covid “lockdown” has been in effect until just this week.

Swamp

Equipment
L4701DT with NH92 backhoe
Nov 22, 2022
Wisconsin
So, small update. My attorney stated that I have an excellent case. However, I signed the agreement in a neighboring state in which he does not practice. Reached out to a business attorney that does and no response. Don't worry, I have had a couple of experiences with attorneys to the point that one was disbarred and I was given all of my money back. Anyway. No false hope here.

Reactions: 2 users

Swamp

Equipment
Nov 22, 2022
Wisconsin
Here is the one of 2 actual responses I got from Kubota

Please accept our apologies for this situation and for any inconvenience you may have been caused.
Unfortunately ,quotes for units are not price protected as that requires a Regional Sales Managers approval.

You will need to contact your local Kubota dealership for questions regarding purchasing, discount and reimbursement options, . Our dealerships are independently owned and operate and hold full discretion regarding these matters.

You are welcome to attach whatever you'd like to this email and we will receive it. However, please understand that Kubota dealers are independently owned and operated. We do have suggested MSRP's on our website but your local dealer can modify that price as they see fit. If you have concerns with the pricing from your dealership, you should bring those concerns to the owner or general manager of the dealership.

Still waiting on the attorney. There are not a lot of them that want to mess with these small cases.

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
You will need to contact your local Kubota dealership for questions regarding purchasing, discount and reimbursement options, . Our dealerships are independently owned and operate and hold full discretion regarding these matters
Interesting that the individual dealerships “hold full discretion” concerning Kubota’s discount and reimbursement options.
You would think that as a Kubota dealer you would be required to honor corporate Kubota’s reimbursement and discounts.

My Barn

Equipment
Kubota, Ford
Sep 14, 2022
Michigan
I have been waiting for information on an L4701 with a 765 loader, Bh92 w/hydraulic thumb that I ordered in December of 2021. I put cash down, was approved for financing, given a monthly payment schedule and a signed agreement for purchasing the tractor. There is no small print that says anything about price increases. The dealer now wants to charge me almost $9,000 more for the unit. Any input?
I check prices with another dealer? Or talk to a lawyer about that sighed agreement!

Swamp

Equipment
Nov 22, 2022
Wisconsin
Latest update. Michigan Attorney General contacted the dealer after I filed a complaint because Kubota isn't willing to do anything and the dealer says it is out of their hands. The dealer freely admits that they told me they were locking in my price. Funny thing is that they even provided the internal Kubota price protection statement. Since I ordered the tractor on Dec.31, 2021 I just don't see how my price wasn't protected. The dealer stated to the Michigan Attorney General that they tried to fight for the price protection, but a regional manager said No. I was not eligible because of where I live. Just wtf kind of discrimination is that? The other problem is that the whole reason I needed the backhoe and tractor is for working at my camp that is within this dealers territory. My problem is that where I live should have nothing to do with this situation. I must say I am appalled and I let the Attorney General know this. The lawyer is completing some preliminary work yet so still no more from that angle.

Attachments

• Wow

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Latest update. Michigan Attorney General contacted the dealer after I filed a complaint because Kubota isn't willing to do anything and the dealer says it is out of their hands. The dealer freely admits that they told me they were locking in my price. Funny thing is that they even provided the internal Kubota price protection statement. Since I ordered the tractor on Dec.31, 2021 I just don't see how my price wasn't protected. The dealer stated to the Michigan Attorney General that they tried to fight for the price protection, but a regional manager said No. I was not eligible because of where I live. Just wtf kind of discrimination is that? The other problem is that the whole reason I needed the backhoe and tractor is for working at my camp that is within this dealers territory. My problem is that where I live should have nothing to do with this situation. I must say I am appalled and I let the Attorney General know this. The lawyer is completing some preliminary work yet so still no more from that angle.
ABSOLUTELY disgusting!
Please keep up the fight .....we all have a stake in this kind of chit!!

Reactions: 1 user

DustyRusty

Equipment
BX23S
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
I wonder if you were to contact your US House of Representatives or Senator's office and ask for help since Michigan is saying that since you are not a citizen of their state that they can't help you. I know that these people have people in their office that can make one telephone call and wake up the people that can help you. If you live in one state, and the dealer is in another state, then there might be some type of Interstate Commerce Law that might come into play. I know that this is grasping at straws, but the last thing that Kubota or the dealer wants to happen is to have the Federal Government Look at their business practices. When you throw enough mud against the wall some is bound to stick. You can also send them copies of the Kubota price protection that they supplied you with along with the contract and the canceled check or receipt for the deposit. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If all this doesn't work, then consider going to the local Television station, and see if they might want to consider this for a news story. That will bring negative attention to the Kubota dealer and they might just figure that it is better to bite the bullet and deliver what was promised than get $100,000 worth of bad publicity. When a news crew shows up at a business, and they know that they are there to help a consumer, the business has a quick change of heart and does what is right to save face.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
I wonder if you were to contact your US House of Representatives or Senator's office and ask for help since Michigan is saying that since you are not a citizen of their state that they can't help you. I know that these people have people in their office that can make one telephone call and wake up the people that can help you. If you live in one state, and the dealer is in another state, then there might be some type of Interstate Commerce Law that might come into play. I know that this is grasping at straws, but the last thing that Kubota or the dealer wants to happen is to have the Federal Government Look at their business practices. When you throw enough mud against the wall some is bound to stick. You can also send them copies of the Kubota price protection that they supplied you with along with the contract and the canceled check or receipt for the deposit. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain. If all this doesn't work, then consider going to the local Television station, and see if they might want to consider this for a news story. That will bring negative attention to the Kubota dealer and they might just figure that it is better to bite the bullet and deliver what was promised than get $100,000 worth of bad publicity. When a news crew shows up at a business, and they know that they are there to help a consumer, the business has a quick change of heart and does what is right to save face.
Absolutely!
For the OP: DO IT !

Swamp

Equipment
Nov 22, 2022
Wisconsin
The Mi. A.G replied almost immediately to my last email. It wasn't much, but they stated they will forward my response to the dealer. I responded with the question of what type of response do they expect since the dealership already stated that they lied about locking in the price, the dealer has the necessary Kubota documents stating that the price should have been protected and they have the dealers statement that a regional sales manager discriminated against me based on where I live. To that I have not received response. I am working on a statement to a local news channel and I have close ties to my local state representative who is also a business owner. He has shown great interest in what is happening here. If nothing else I will be a giant PIA for this dealership because they treated me so poorly after I gave them my hard earned cash based solely on their promises.

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
The Mi. A.G replied almost immediately to my last email. It wasn't much, but they stated they will forward my response to the dealer. I responded with the question of what type of response do they expect since the dealership already stated that they lied about locking in the price, the dealer has the necessary Kubota documents stating that the price should have been protected and they have the dealers statement that a regional sales manager discriminated against me based on where I live. To that I have not received response. I am working on a statement to a local news channel and I have close ties to my local state representative who is also a business owner. He has shown great interest in what is happening here. If nothing else I will be a giant PIA for this dealership because they treated me so poorly after I gave them my hard earned cash based solely on their promises.
Hang in there!
We are all rooting for you!

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Spread your pain to as many as possible ! Create an 'all-in-one' email addressed to the AG, then CC : to ALL local media(TV,newspapers,print, smoke signals, ??) as well as ALL 'social media' sights. The biggy CC:-----> Kubota Japan ! Heck CC: the White House and a few 'departments', like commerce, trade,human rights ,?? federally there HAS to be a dozen 'interested parties'. The MORE people and agencies that KNOW about your situation, the better chances that someone WILL step up and be on your side. One posting on a social media site could go viral overnight and have 1,000,000 hits !

fried1765

Equipment
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Spread your pain to as many as possible ! Create an 'all-in-one' email addressed to the AG, then CC : to ALL local media(TV,newspapers,print, smoke signals, ??) as well as ALL 'social media' sights. The biggy CC:-----> Kubota Japan ! Heck CC: the White House and a few 'departments', like commerce, trade,human rights ,?? federally there HAS to be a dozen 'interested parties'. The MORE people and agencies that KNOW about your situation, the better chances that someone WILL step up and be on your side. One posting on a social media site could go viral overnight and have 1,000,000 hits !
YES !!!!

Swamp

Equipment
Nov 22, 2022
Wisconsin
Received another response from the attorney general. The dealers response to my last inquiry was, "Our response is still the same. He is just mad." The AT now says

"As this response indicates, your positions are in conflict and we regret that this exchange of correspondence has not resolved your matte

The law authorizes the Attorney General to provide legal opinions to state officials, members of the legislature, state departments and commissions, and, under certain circumstances, county prosecuting attorneys. Since your request does not fall within this framework, and since a voluntary resolution of the matter was not proposed, regrettably, we are unable to assist you further.

The information you submitted will be retained in our department files to assist us in responding to future consumer inquiries and to monitor possible patterns of unfair or deceptive business practices."

Apparently this states Attorney General hasn't read their oath of office. This is what I found in about 2 seconds.

1) They advise and represent their legislature and state agencies and act as the “People's Lawyer” for the citizens.

2)The role of a state attorney general is to counsel state government agencies and legislatures, and represent the public interest in their state.

3)State attorneys general represent the state and state agencies on both the state and federal levels. Also referred to as “the people's lawyer”

Finally there is this:

4)The key role of a state attorney general is to serve as a chief legal advisor for the state agencies and state legislature. The AG is responsible for enforcing laws when there is a violation of state law and providing a verdict without any kind of partisan influence. A state attorney general represents the state and state agencies in court proceedings before the state and federal courts. The office of an attorney general also conducts investigations in civil and criminal matters, ranging from environmental protection to criminal justice prosecution. An attorney general defends the state’s and the United States’ constitution, ensuring justice for the American people under the law.

Interview with an attorney this week XXXXX Not sure how this document could be "Misinterpreted
Kubota Price Protection.png

Last edited:

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
Apr 2, 2019
Hmm....maybe send the AG the 'link' to this thread or at least a CC: of your post #97

And when you do that, send CC: (NOT BCC: ) to ALL the medias,guv reps you have,Kubota Japan, Whitehouse, EPA, CIA, FBI, etc. heck any and ALL guv departments fedrally and state.

Heehaw

Equipment
MX5400hst Kubota Z726X
Oct 4, 2022
Michigan
“The dealer stated to the Michigan Attorney General that they tried to fight for the price protection, but a regional manager said No. I was not eligible because of where I live.”

Really sad you need to go through all this to try to give Kubota your hard earned cash.
Some of these regional managers seem to be something else.
When I bought my MX5400 in December the dealer said he needed proof of membership with the NCHA to be eligible for the discount. I gave them a copy of the membership confirmation email I received from NCHA when I joined.
A few days later the dealership called and said the regional sales manager said that it wasn’t good enough and they needed a copy of my membership card to get the discount.
I never received a membership card, just the email confirmation when I joined online. I told the dealership this and also said I’m not going to play games if they don’t want to honor the discount he could go pound sand, give me my money back, and I’ll give someone else my business. He called back the next day and said the regional sales manager decided to except the email confirmation.
Thing was I had gotten a quote from another dealer a few weeks before this and they had no problem with the same email confirmation to get the NCHA discount.
Hope all works out for you.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
Just an observation…

A43B18CD-75DC-43DA-ABC4-16D242886E54.jpeg

The program date for this bulletin is sept 2022-dec 2022….the tractor was deal was made in December of 2021, correct? There is a reference to a previous bulletin (DSB 2021-002 R3) about price increases for Jan 1st 2022 then last line in screenshot says
“in all cases, the dealer MUST have already obtained an approval number for the January 1st and April 1st 2022 Price Increases from its assigned Kubota Sales Division Office in order to qualify for the program.”

I don’t see how that applies without seeing what previous bulletin was in effect in Dec 2021…

It is unfortunate though…