Adding Aux Hydraulics to a B6000

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
The paint looks very nicely done!
As you mentioned it will be interesting to see which of the two paints last longer.

Scott

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi

Well its finally finished :). Its taken awhile but the little beast is now all painted and put back together. I think it turned out alright.

Also put new tyres all round. 7x16 on back and 6x12 on the fronts. I previously had rice tyres on and these new R1 lugs make it run soo much smoother:p

I think it looks pretty sweet with all new decals. Now all I need is a new steering wheel!

Some pics attached along with a before shot!

Cheers John

Attachments

traildust

Equipment
B7610HST 4WD, LA352 FEL, Gearmore 2 Spool Top & Tilt Box Scraper
Jan 27, 2010
Phelan, California
John,
That is some fine looking craftsmanship, everything came out looking spot on!

Well, except for that steering wheel you mentioned. It's really not doing any of your hard work justice :p

Scott

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Topgear I have to say that thing does look good. How much weight is the bucket able to lift safely? I am curious you have really done a great job on the bucket and frame attachment. I am curious about the weight and height. Again looks good. handy

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi Guys

Thanks for the kind words and thanks for everyones help earlier on. I couldn't have done it without the help and advice from this list.

Regarding lift weight about 200kg lift capacity. It handles full 44 gallon drums which was my goal. However I need the weight on the back which is pictured in one of my earlier snaps in this thread when lifting around this mark.

I'm keeping my eye out for a new (or newer steering wheel):D

Cheers John

dookanooka

Equipment
B6000
Oct 25, 2009
Australia
hi TopGear,
could I ask some daft questions :confused:

I have a loader frame for my B6000 and am looking to get the hydraulic cylinders and other fittings for it. What is the best way to measure the length of cylinder you need? Also, what size fittings did you get when you cut the pipe to the tractors pump? What size hydraulic hose did you use? Did you follow advice elsewhere about 1.5" bore? Any info. on the hydraulics would be really greatly appreciated.

Also, could you recommend a good place in Australia to source the hydraulics?

thanks,
Dookanooka

TopGear

Mar 21, 2009
Australia
Hi Dookanooka

I brought my hydraulic cylinders 1st and then built the loader frame around them. I used 1.5 on main lift rams and 1 on the bucket tip cylinders.
Hydraulic hose size was 3/8.

I brought my cylinders from www.dieseltraders.com.au - happy with them and they have worked fine but paint quality is poor but they function well and were at the right price.

Cheers John

maximus

Equipment
B7000
Aug 10, 2010
UK
Hi Dookanooka

I brought my hydraulic cylinders 1st and then built the loader frame around them. I used 1.5 on main lift rams and 1 on the bucket tip cylinders.
Hydraulic hose size was 3/8.

I brought my cylinders from www.dieseltraders.com.au - happy with them and they have worked fine but paint quality is poor but they function well and were at the right price.

Cheers John
Hi John,

Some really great stuff here.

When you attached the hydraulics control lever valve, did you have to run a third hose back to the hydraulic reservoir (sometimes labelled T on the spooler valve) or did you only need the two hoses - one from the cut pipe to the lever valve, and the second back to the cut pipe? (A local dealer said I needed the third hose, otherwise the bucket cannot be lowered!)

Also, thanks for the diameter size of the rams - How long where the rams that you bought, both closed and fully extended?

Thanks for the posts John. Been a great help. :)

Chris

koppel

Dec 15, 2009
Melbourne,Australia
Hi there,

well I just added a second hand FEL to my B7100. I did 2 EXTRA things to make sure it worked well.

1. I added a 10micron hydraulic oil filter ( 200bar pressure capable type) in the return line from my FEL. This is to stop any foreign matter getting back into my HST transmission oil. The onboard hydraulic pump uses the transmission oil resevoir as its supply point. Reason for my use of the high pressure capable filter, is that the return oil from loader can be routed to the Rear 3 point ram and at full travel can still reach full pump relief valve pressure at "filter point" I chose in the hydraulic circuit.

My hydraulic rams are a tad sorry in the chrome plating and I also want to add 3 valve with quick couplers to a front inplement so I really wanted to protect my transmisson oil supply from any external contamination.

Later I plan to add a separate hyraulic pump with its own oil tank.

2. A Certified roll over frame, with seat belt.

I will add some pics later

Good luck building your loader.

regard
david

dookanooka

Equipment
B6000
Oct 25, 2009
Australia
hi John,
thanks for the reply. I can definitely see the benefit in making a loader around the cylinders, it makes life much easier later. I'm having trouble sourcing the welded end tube type cylinders in Australia that I need for the existing frame. You look like you used the single metal tab to connect them to the frame, mine has 2 tabs. Also, i'm being a bit rough in my choice of cylinder retracted length to what looks to be available vs exact fit, hoping that's ok as long as the cylinders not too short to fit at all. As I say, i've found cylinders in the US, but boy the shipping's a killer! I shall try DieselTraders though.

By the way, when you brazed on the fittings to the thin hydraulic tubing, did you use a blowtorch for that, or Oxy? I'm wondering how easy it would be without a serious gas setup.

maximus

Equipment
B7000
Aug 10, 2010
UK
hi John,
thanks for the reply. I can definitely see the benefit in making a loader around the cylinders, it makes life much easier later. I'm having trouble sourcing the welded end tube type cylinders in Australia that I need for the existing frame. You look like you used the single metal tab to connect them to the frame, mine has 2 tabs. Also, i'm being a bit rough in my choice of cylinder retracted length to what looks to be available vs exact fit, hoping that's ok as long as the cylinders not too short to fit at all. As I say, i've found cylinders in the US, but boy the shipping's a killer! I shall try DieselTraders though.

By the way, when you brazed on the fittings to the thin hydraulic tubing, did you use a blowtorch for that, or Oxy? I'm wondering how easy it would be without a serious gas setup.
Hi Dookanooka,

You could use 12mm male compression fittings instead.

Cheers

Chris

Rob

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6000DT / B7100DP /B8200DT/L225/Globe PTO Chipper/Lewis Backhoe/huxley TR66
Nov 22, 2009
Leafy England....
yep, i used compression fittingson my install , work just fine with not a sign of a leak anywhere.
you can just see one of the connections in the bottom of the pic below, thats the hydraulic line going onto the 3pt hitch, i just cut a small section out big enough to allow me to get the two hydraulic lines and fitting connected up.

also replaced the twin bucket rams for a single item,also works well with no probs at the moment.

rob

Last edited:

dookanooka

Equipment
B6000
Oct 25, 2009
Australia
Very pleased to hear I don't need to braze, thanks for the tip, it'll save much pain!

Nice loader there Rob. It looks like they'll help me putting all the hoses on it too. The 'P' I notice on the control valve. Mine has that too. Should that then go the side closest to the 'P'ump and the one opposite on the rear side going to the oil reservoir I guess.

thanks,
Ben