Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Reactions: 2 users

GSD-Keegan

Equipment
B2601 with Fel and Bh70 backhoe
Mar 6, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Thanks Skeet. I'm in Ontario. My general area is pretty good. I'm in a rural area. Large cities like Toronto for eg. are getting hardest hit

Reactions: 1 users

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Some of our most memorable trips have been to/through Canada, and we have visited every Canadian Province. Hopefully we can use our Passports again in the future.

Reactions: 1 user

Crash277

Equipment
BX23S
Jan 17, 2021
Canada
Thanks Skeet. I'm in Ontario. My general area is pretty good. I'm in a rural area. Large cities like Toronto for eg. are getting hardest hit
Im rural Ontario as well, other that the crazy restrictions our not so conservative government is putting into place, it’s not too bad.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Sorry to hear that. Michigan regrettably leads the US in new cases, mostly in the Detroit area, but plenty elsewhere. I thought the border was still closed, more or less, to keep Americans from bringing it in? Or crossing was followed by a quarantine?

Australia and New Zealand have it under control, an outbreak in Queensland consists of one case, followed by a list of locations that person had been for contact tracing. Social distancing, mandatory quarantines, masking, were effective. Townsville has had no cases at all. Schools not closed etc. Economic damage limited to absence of foreign tourist trade.

tradosaurus

Equipment
Kubota MX5400 HST, Land Pride RCR2660 , EA 60" Xtreme grapple, EA box blade
Mar 7, 2019
Texarkana, Tx, USA
So what's the point of the vaccination if it doesn't protect from the virus your innoculated against?

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users

Henro

Equipment
B2910, BX2200, KX41-2V mini Ex.
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
So what's the point of the vaccination if it doesn't protect from the virus your innoculated against?
What vaccination might that be? I am missing the point of your post BIG TIME...

But in my defense, I never claimed to be the sharpest tool in the box...

tradosaurus

Equipment
Mar 7, 2019
Texarkana, Tx, USA

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
It's too bad. Really bad timing for my granddaughter. She is a high school senior and was just accepted to the University of Toronto. My daughter-in-law called then and asked if they could come up and at least take a 'self tour' (formal tours are history). They can't. Based on Canada's vaccine availability it looks like a long haul for them and no UT for my granddaughter.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Americans Are Urged To Avoid All Travel To Canada Even If They've Been Vaccinated

I bolded the word "vaccinated". :rolleyes:

" Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggests all Americans should avoid travelling to Canada right now, even if they’ve been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. "
I am still missing the the point you are making. Just because the CDC recommends not to travel, does not mean that the vaccinations are less effective than proven to be.

Of course, if one denies the validity of scientific studies...anything can be implied I suppose...

Exactly what are you saying? Just asking for clarification, nothing more...

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Americans Are Urged To Avoid All Travel To Canada Even If They've Been Vaccinated

I bolded the word "vaccinated". :rolleyes:

" Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggests all Americans should avoid travelling to Canada right now, even if they’ve been fully vaccinated against COVID-19. "
Just because you are vaccinated and immune from getting the disease, does not mean you can't carry it and spread it to others that are not vaccinated.

See I can also bold, underline, italicize, and even change font!

I don't understand why so many people think this is just a big hoax, snow job, conspiracy (insert your line here).

If it is I really wanna meet the Person or Group that thought this up as it's brilliant!

[ Group speaking at the conspiracy international annual meeting ]
Hey group: I got this idea of a hoax we can pull on the entire world! APPLUAD

We'll make up a disease that will kill people, hurt people, disable people, be really hard to kill, really hard to get a good line of symptoms on, and really hard to detect accurately. APPLUAD
And just for the heck of it, We'll throw in a quirk to it that it will not effect young kids, and will make some not be able to smell!
And just to throw in a little more randomness we'll have it effect Animals of all sorts too just for the fun of it.
APPLAUD... CHEERS... ACCOLADES...

(One group attendee) Wow this is Genius, I love being in this group.

COME ON: Think about it a little...

tradosaurus

Equipment
Mar 7, 2019
Texarkana, Tx, USA
I am still missing the the point you are making. Just because the CDC recommends not to travel, does not mean that the vaccinations are less effective than proven to be.

Of course, if one denies the validity of scientific studies...anything can be implied I suppose...

Exactly what are you saying? Just asking for clarification, nothing more...
So again, why get vaccinated if you can't travel? Why get vaccinated if the survival rate of this virus is 99.9xxx%?

I believe the Covid-19 is just nothing but hysteria. There was absolutely no reason to shut down the economy, destroy small businesses and increase the national debt by trillions of dollars.

We didn't go bezerk during each annual flu season which had an equivalent mortality rate once you take out the fudging of numbers for Covid related deaths. Its a fact that hospitals get funding from the gov't for each Covid related death.

The fact is, a 99.9xx% survival rate doesn't warrant nazi style rules which affects the freedom of individuals. You have people now that believe by not wearing a mask you are endangering their health and welfare.

Thank goodness my state has lifted the ridiculous mask mandate (which should have never been implemented.)

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
So again, why get vaccinated if you can't travel? Why get vaccinated if the survival rate of this virus is 99.9xxx%?
Why did we all get vaccinated from things like polio, measles, rubella, chicken pox?
It's so we don't spread it around and injury or kill all.
It's going to take a lot more people getting vaccinated before it's under control!

Why are you so convinced this is a conspiracy / hoax / fallacy ?

Everyone has an opinion, but where do you get your facts? " The fact is, a 99.9xx% survival rate "

I'll be the first to admit that the numbers can be off... but when country after country show similar reports, it's time to take your head out of the clouds and deal with reality.

Henro

Equipment
May 24, 2019
North of Pittsburgh PA
Simple answer, you get vaccinated so you do not experience an early death! It is not rocket science. If you are under ten years old maybe not much of an issue. Perhaps you are in that category? ROFL

But seriously, don't get vaccinated and take your chances. I often though in the beginning it was better for me and my family, if others do not chose to take the vaccine. We could get ours sooner that way...it was a selfish thought.

I wish everyone well who choose not to take the vaccine. Unfortunately some of them may regret it, even if they do not die in the process...pretty much a scientific fact. Of course facts are meaningless if one rejects science...

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yesterday, talked to an acquaintance at the gas station that has just gotten over COVID. In his 50's and "kicked his ass for 10 days." He's younger than me.

This morning, I spoke with a colleague that spent a while in the ICU with COVID. Couple weeks ago, it almost did her in. On the road to recovery, thankfully. No comorbidities.

Today, I heard a good friend is hospitalized with it. Has comorbidities, and late-70's in age. I don't have a good feeling....

I know several that have passed from it, and many that have gotten it and recovered.

If I can't travel afterwards, I don't see any reason to be vaccinated...... 🤔

(Sarcasm emphasized)... :rolleyes:

Oh, scheduled my 2nd Moderna today... :p

Last edited:

jimh406

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota L2501 with R4 tires
Jan 29, 2021
Western MT
I’ve heard the second Moderna is much worse than the first for many people. Good luck. The second one was hard on my daughter. That is for sure.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Both my wife and I had slightly more discomfort with the second Moderna, but nothing to cause any real concern. No regrets.