A l ittle prayer for our friends in the GWN

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
There are some people who care about themselves and others and then there are other people.

Reactions: 1 user

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Just because you are vaccinated and immune from getting the disease, does not mean you can't carry it and spread it to others that are not vaccinated.

See I can also bold, underline, italicize, and even change font!

I don't understand why so many people think this is just a big hoax, snow job, conspiracy (insert your line here).

If it is I really wanna meet the Person or Group that thought this up as it's brilliant!

[ Group speaking at the conspiracy international annual meeting ]
Hey group: I got this idea of a hoax we can pull on the entire world! APPLUAD

We'll make up a disease that will kill people, hurt people, disable people, be really hard to kill, really hard to get a good line of symptoms on, and really hard to detect accurately. APPLUAD
And just for the heck of it, We'll throw in a quirk to it that it will not effect young kids, and will make some not be able to smell!
And just to throw in a little more randomness we'll have it effect Animals of all sorts too just for the fun of it.
APPLAUD... CHEERS... ACCOLADES...

(One group attendee) Wow this is Genius, I love being in this group.

COME ON: Think about it a little...
How about this,

How can we grab 6.5 TRILLION DOLLAR$?

Last edited:

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Why did we all get vaccinated from things like polio, measles, rubella, chicken pox?
It's so we don't spread it around and injury or kill all.
It's going to take a lot more people getting vaccinated before it's under control!

Why are you so convinced this is a conspiracy / hoax / fallacy ?

Everyone has an opinion, but where do you get your facts? " The fact is, a 99.9xx% survival rate "
Nice straw man. I am immunized against those. That means I am immune to those. That means I can't catch them. It means you can still go to Canada.

These versions of covid light shots that they are shooting people up with are not immunizing anything, you understand that part right?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The things men will say behind the safety of their keyboard. :rolleyes:
When you were young and your heart was an open book
You used to say live and let live
(you know you did, you know you did you know you did)
But if this ever changing world in which we're living
Makes you give in and cry

Say live and let die

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
CDC investigating death possibly connected to Johnson & Johnson vaccine
But like the actual Covid, only a few in every million get blood clots and die, so that isn't too bad of odds.

Hue

Equipment
Kubota L4060, box blade, stump bucket grapple, snowblower
May 17, 2019
New Brunswick Canada
We've been lucky in New Brunswick, low numbers, which is the only good thing that comes from being a drive through province. Hope everyone is healthy and safe. Looking forward to travelling when this is all over.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
"Cause retired folks do not get a day off nor a vacation. It is simply the price we pay.

orange crusher

Equipment
BX 2680
Sep 30, 2017
ontario canada
Thanks Skeet. I'm in Ontario. My general area is pretty good. I'm in a rural area. Large cities like Toronto for eg. are getting hardest hit

I'm in a similar boat. We have been laying low since the beginning and fortunately live in a rural area. Had first shot in mid-april with absolutely no reaction. All is good here. Due to get the 2nd Pfizer shot in August.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I'm retired so why do I feel like I need a vacation?? :confused:
I feel your pain my friend. My friend up in northern Ontario, says its pretty good up there, though I guess the reservations are not a good place to be and being a nurse she would know. Tbay seems to be hot spot right now from what I hear as well.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
And example of RETARDED GRANDPARENTS

After Christmas , a teacher asked her young pupils how they spent their holiday away from school. One child wrote the following:

We always used to spend the holidays with Grandma and Grandpa. They used to live in a big brick house but Grandpa got retarded and they moved to Florida ....Now they live in a tin box and have rocks painted green to look like grass.

They ride around on their bicycles and wear name tags because they don't know who they are anymore. They go to a building called a wreck center, but they must have got it fixed because it is all okay now, they do exercises there, but they don't do them very well. There is a swimming pool too, but all they do is jump up and down in it...with hats on.

At their gate, there is a doll house with a little old man sitting in it. He watches all day so nobody can escape. Sometimes they sneak out, and go cruising in their golf carts.

Nobody there cooks, they just eat out.. And, they eat the same thing every night -- early birds. Some of the people can't get out past the man in the doll house. The ones who do get out, bring food back to the wrecked center for pot luck.

My Grandma says that Grandpa worked all his life to earn his retardment and says I should work hard so I can be retarded someday too. When I earn my retardment, I want to be the man in the doll house. Then I will let people out, so they can visit their grandchildren.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I feel your pain my friend. My friend up in northern Ontario, says its pretty good up there, though I guess the reservations are not a good place to be and being a nurse she would know. Tbay seems to be hot spot right now from what I hear as well.
Yep it's been stressful for us all but hopefully it'll be over soon.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I sure hope so. A few days ago they announced that the largest nearby hospital was at 100% capacity due to covid. I imagine some of the local small hospitals are available, just don't go looking for cutting edge care if you have a heart attack. The CDC begged our governor to shut down some activities, but all she could do was ask people to avoid indoor dining and bars, wear their masks and social distance etc. The Republican legislature and Republican Supreme court has struck down the law she used to institute earlier lockdowns. We'll see how far asking people to use their heads gets us. :(

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
I sure hope so. A few days ago they announced that the largest nearby hospital was at 100% capacity due to covid. I imagine some of the local small hospitals are available, just don't go looking for cutting edge care if you have a heart attack. The CDC begged our governor to shut down some activities, but all she could do was ask people to avoid indoor dining and bars, wear their masks and social distance etc. The Republican legislature and Republican Supreme court has struck down the law she used to institute earlier lockdowns. We'll see how far asking people to use their heads gets us. :(
Kinda between a rock and a hard place right now for many. All we can do is hope and pray that these variants don't mutate in to something that renders the vaccines that we have now ineffective. As for asking people to use their heads well I better just let that go. To have vaccines developed this quick that actually work quite well is a miracle, lets not screw this up.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
I am not getting any shots anytime soon. I am not a lab rat or a crash test dummy. None of the vaccines have had much testing prior to being rolled out. Noone really knows the long-term side effects yet to my knowledge. Noone knows how long the vaccine is effective for, assuming it's effective. That in itself is an assumption. I asked the doctor about it a while back and doc said that it's effectiveness (at that time) was 78%. Does that mean 12% are still going to get it or does that mean there is a 12% chance I'm going to get it or does that mean the symptoms are 12% less severe than without? There was no clear answer.

There are many unanswered questions. Hence, many unknowns. For that reason alone a lot of folks will call it a hoax. There might be some truth to that. I don't know. I know this: I didn't let it slow me down. And certainly didn't let it stop me from helping and praying for those who don't have a choice.

GF and I butt heads all the time about this and she is the first so gripe about me carrying it. Well even if I were vaccinated I'm still gonna carry it regardless, just like flu, I get the flu shot every year and I still get sick and still pass it on to others close to me. I've had the rona twice and pretty sure I can't get it a third time. If I could, pretty sure I would have gotten it already. First time was a little rough, fever felt kinda bad but it didn't stop me. Slowed me down. Second time was a cake walk but the worst part was I couldn't taste steak (or anything else). Second worst part was having to quarantine, meaning I couldn't even go to work. Mandatory 10 day vacation and no projects to work with at the house. That sucked. So I went fishing instead. 8 out of 10 days. Freezer is FULL. She had her vaccine done and had a reaction to the 2nd shot like a lot of folks have. They gave her a some more drugs to offset the side effects. Makes you wonder who's benefiting from this deal.