COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
Its Ford for me. The dealers have very little stock it seems. A saleswoman called me the other day she said they have one in stock with my options I need, trailer tow package and snow plow prep package. Ford has a few new colors. One being magma red its very pretty. Depending on how the light hits the paint you ask is that black or chocolate or cherry. But the saleswoman said the one they have is in a beautiful 'Lead Foot'..I love a lead foot but for me the color is hidious. So I'm gonna wait. My uncle is in his 80's has a 2014 F150 XLT , loaded with cap, burgundy red, 22,000 miles hes looking to sell. He wants to get a Rav4 that's easier to get into. Its on craigslist should anyone be interested. Its is actually, Like New. Never driven in snow or salt.
But anyway. I'll see what the lot looks like in October. If its loaded up. I'd think sales have been slow. But when you travel around Maine you see more paper plates on cars and trucks then ever. So a lot an't worried about the economy.
Ive been buying trucks in Maine for 30 years now and never seen a deal in the fall, thats the hot season, a sellers market. Judging by how hot construction still is here in Maine I dont think youll find any deals, high unemployment or not.

Fordtech86

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200
Aug 7, 2018
Pineville,LA
We have been selling a good bit of vehicles here. I think the no payments for 6 months that Ford offered suckered people in. Might be some deals to be had on some repo’s in a few months :D

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
From our Director of Public Health

"If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a Covid death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, (like being hit by a bus) but you had COVID at the same time, it’s still listed as a COVID death. Everyone who is listed as a COVID doesn’t mean that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of death.”

Knowing now that 50% infected never even show any signs of illness, the "death" numbers are really badly inflated.

Some people like fake. Some people just want to push an agenda so they easily accept the cooked up/made up numbers.

We need new governors nationwide.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas

"If you were in hospice and had already been given a few weeks to live, and then you also were found to have COVID, that would be counted as a Covid death. It means technically even if you died of a clear alternate cause, (like being hit by a bus) but you had COVID at the same time, it’s still listed as a COVID death. Everyone who is listed as a COVID doesn’t mean that was the cause of the death, but they had COVID at the time of death.”

Knowing now that 50% infected never even show any signs of illness, the "death" numbers are really badly inflated.

Some people like fake. Some people just want to push an agenda so they easily accept the cooked up/made up numbers.

Our deaths have been relatively low. I believe around 140 deaths with over 8,000 infections.

I checked the numbers for flu deaths this year for the state. They were 104 or 5 if I remember correctly. We had 189 for the 2018/19 season.

The average though is between 129 and 130 deaths.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
1979 B7100DT Gear, Nissan Hanix N150-2 Excavator
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ

That backs up exactly what a Fire captain/Paramedic told me earlier.
Post #983
https://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45296&highlight=paramedic&page=99

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA

My wife works for a Hospice company and visits nursing homes. She was told by the staff at one that when someone dies there, if it is an undetermined cause of death and “could have” been COVID it is counted as COVID because they can be reimbursed at a greater amount.
Follow the money.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
Other than my good friend's uncle who died for the Wuhan Flu, I honestly don't know of a single person who has succumbed.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Other than my good friend's uncle who died for the Wuhan Flu, I honestly don't know of a single person who has succumbed.
My wife knows four that were listed as Covid. 2 were questionable. 2 were definite. But those were long term patients at a nursing home she used to work for. Those are the only ones we know about.

What gets me are the amount of Asymptomatic infections out there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Who is your "Director of Public Health" ? Is this someone you can email for more info? You quite justifiably object to public policy being made on the basis of poor statistics, but it is sure hard to get at the numbers. I would like to see them presented as deaths +/- x % . They must surely be able to estimate the error. I get it that people don't know how to enter a death of someone in a nursing home who may have multiple health problems as well as covid, but there are also at least in Michigan, likely very many who died without having been tested, because we didn't have enough kits. As has been shown the covid can cause clots and therefore heart attacks and strokes. People dying at home may therefore not have been tested or counted. The numbers might balance out. Locally they have been giving updates on how they are handling data, especially not mixing the numbers obtained via the antibody test with those obtained via pcr. If the error is around 10% it would be reasonable.

Up where you are I have the impression you've had relatively few deaths compared to the Detroit area so the perspective is different. Here early on it was pretty scary and chaotic.

Oliver

Equipment
L2501, JD 3520
Feb 2, 2011
Preston County, WV
Talked to a fire captain (who is also a paramedic) this weekend and asked him about what happened to the regular flu this year. He said the CDC guidelines allow and suggest that ALL patients with respiratory symptoms that die be listed as Covid19 deaths, REGARDLESS of actual cause of death. He sees this as a purposeful attempt to skew the data.
I, for one, will continue to err on the side of caution & wear my mask & practice social distancing, but there is more and more evidence suggesting that this whole mess is is a huge over-reaction at best, and something more sinister at worst.

I just read through DCD reporting guidelines and didn't notice this? Do you have a link to where they do?

Here's the one I read. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Do you have a link to where they do?
No link, just passing on what the Fire Captain told me, and today I discussed it with the RN across the street who recovered from the virus, and she said the same thing.
I'm no medical expert or lawyer (thank God) but the link you posted sounds like it could certainly be interpreted that way.

Lil Foot

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 19, 2011
Peoria, AZ
Watching protest footage from Phoenix today and saw a sign that must have been held by my doppleganger:

ALL Lives Matter
except
Looters

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I just read through DCD reporting guidelines and didn't notice this? Do you have a link to where they do?

Here's the one I read. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvss/vsrg/vsrg03-508.pdf

I wouldn't draw the conclusion that all respiratory deaths should be reported as covid from that document, but that they are wanting more detailed information and give examples as to whether covid should be reported on lines a b or c as the degree to which it is a contributing factor.

This commentary mentions an older guideline when it was thought to be a form of flu, and that the author said was causing some confusion. Maybe some of the confusion is still going on?

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/931843

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I wouldn't draw the conclusion that all respiratory deaths should be reported as covid from that document, but that they are wanting more detailed information and give examples as to whether covid should be reported on lines a b or c as the degree to which it is a contributing factor.

This commentary mentions an older guideline when it was thought to be a form of flu, and that the author said was causing some confusion. Maybe some of the confusion is still going on?

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/931843
First some good news, or at least if you live in New Zealand,

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...zealand-lifts-remaining-covid-19-restrictions

And it looks like everyone is seeing something different with regard to the reporting of covid cases and deaths because all the states have their own spin on how to report the data, and are not necessarily following CDC guidelines

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...ac9a58-9d0a-11ea-b60c-3be060a4f8e1_story.html

"Count" doesn't mean merge probable and tested positive deaths, but provide the data. So probably some states are undercounting, and some may be overcounting.

Michigan is trying to be transparent about what it is doing with the numbers, but also commented on how other states were handling the issue of "probables".

No matter how you slice it, a lot is a lot depending on where you live. If you live where you have seen few or no deaths be grateful. As someone pointed out somewhere about Feb or March successful shutdowns and/or social isolation would be marked by people saying, "I didn't see anyone die. This shutdown must have been unnecessary."

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
First some good news, or at least if you live in New Zealand,

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...zealand-lifts-remaining-covid-19-restrictions

And it looks like everyone is seeing something different with regard to the reporting of covid cases and deaths because all the states have their own spin on how to report the data, and are not necessarily following CDC guidelines

https://www.washingtonpost.com/inve...ac9a58-9d0a-11ea-b60c-3be060a4f8e1_story.html

"Count" doesn't mean merge probable and tested positive deaths, but provide the data. So probably some states are undercounting, and some may be overcounting.

Michigan is trying to be transparent about what it is doing with the numbers, but also commented on how other states were handling the issue of "probables".

No matter how you slice it, a lot is a lot depending on where you live. If you live where you have seen few or no deaths be grateful. As someone pointed out somewhere about Feb or March successful shutdowns and/or social isolation would be marked by people saying, "I didn't see anyone die. This shutdown must have been unnecessary."
Sure a lot is a lot. But this is a portion of a lot, so nobody really knows if it is a lot.

For some reason made up numbers are just AOK with this issue. My neighbor says they are not made up numbers, just different formulas and data used to come up with the inaccurate numbers. For a professor she isn't very smart. I have several family members in the medical industry and there are more ways they are cooking the numbers than people think.

For me, made up is made up. Sure sure, we can argue about how much is made up but that is just of a waste of time.

Magicman

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 Utility Special 4WD e/w FEL & 1530 John Deere "Traveling Man"
Oct 8, 2019
Brookhaven, MS
knotholesawmill.com
Hospitals are/were paid $1300 for a non-Covid-19 death and $3500 for a Covid-19 death for cleanup/sanitation. If the death is/was respiratory related, it is/was shown as Covoid-19. What does that do to the numbers accuracy?

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
After Memorial Day gatherings and the protests it looks like a lot of virus spikes across the country. NC and AZ were two of the places mentioned.
A lot of small businesses that rely on tourist here in Maine will end up closing and going bankrupt even if our entire state is opened up soon. To much has been lost that can't be regained.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
After Memorial Day gatherings and the protests it looks like a lot of virus spikes across the country. NC and AZ were two of the places mentioned.
A lot of small businesses that rely on tourist here in Maine will end up closing and going bankrupt even if our entire state is opened up soon. To much has been lost that can't be regained.

I've read that on numerous sources. I also read that Florida reported 8000 new cases last week. Have a feeling that the Covid nemesis is about to be reincarnated.

I know my wife and I were planning on visiting Maine this summer for 2 weeks but that's out now.

Status
Not open for further replies.