COVID-19 Stuff

Carry on with the political ranting, mud slinging, name calling, and insults, or close the thread.

• Leave it open

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Close the thread

Votes: 10 55.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
And now the WHO declares healthy people SHOULD NOT BE WEARING MASKS unless you are caring for an infected individual.

So were they right last month or this month? Or was the CDC right last month and wrong this month? Sheep the whole bunch of them.

We need a bunch of new governors.

powersrp

Equipment
B3350
Apr 2, 2017
Indian River MI
And the point being,with the non social distancing, non masking thats happening now, Who knows whos healthy and whos carrying? Until theres symptoms, then its too late. How many people have spread the virus because they didnt know they were carriers? I live in a small town, we have stayed ar 21 cases for 3 weeks, so im comfortable going to the hardware store when needed, masked, social distance, and hand sanitizer before i enter truck, Thats all ya can do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
And now the WHO declares healthy people SHOULD NOT BE WEARING MASKS unless you are caring for an infected individual.

So were they right last month or this month? Or was the CDC right last month and wrong this month? Sheep the whole bunch of them.

We need a bunch of new governors.
Sources please. It sounds as though there is an issue of context here. Read the raw data and decide for yourself.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
Here is a source that compares how various countries are doing. You can click on the graph to change to other countries. You can also view the raw data and the sources. The graph itself was constructed by a European source, CDC, and the article was on National Public Radio. Of course the infection rate is always dependent on testing rate, but for most countries it is better than the US. Many countries really dropped off with quarantining. Not us.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...ve-tamed-their-countrys-coronavirus-outbreaks

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
...But new guidance from the World Health Organization released on Monday says healthy people don't need to wear face masks and that doing so won't provide added protection from the coronavirus.

https://www.businessinsider.com/who-no-need-for-healthy-people-to-wear-face-masks-2020-4

https://apps.who.int/iris/handle/10665/331693
Ok thank you. "NEW" was April 6 in those references. It was in the middle of the critical shortage of medical grade masks. At this point, 2 months later, it is still thought the mask that you wear, especially the non medical grades available to us peons, will only provide minimal protection to you, but it will help to prevent you from infecting others.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

NHSleddog

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650
Dec 19, 2019
Southern, NH
Ok thank you. "NEW" was April 6 in those references. It was in the middle of the critical shortage of medical grade masks. At this point, 2 months later, it is still thought the mask that you wear, especially the non medical grades available to us peons, will only provide minimal protection to you, but it will help to prevent you from infecting others.
Interesting that that is how you interpret the actual statement from the WHO.

So who is right now? The CDC or the WHO? I have heard that they are both run by "experts" and scientists, but yet they constantly contradict one another and produce bogus numbers.

Looking at where all the deaths have occurred in America, I believe we are being misled grossly and THAT is manufacturing the fear.

There is a strain of flu going around for sure (AS THERE ALWAYS IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE) but it did not require stopping the world. Stopping the world and ruining the worlds economy is going to cause a lot more deaths and harm in the long run and guess what? The Chinese Flu will still be with us.

People at risk, shelter in. People in high infection areas, shelter in. Healthy people, carry on. People living in rural NH, carry on.

Some people fear being hit by falling objects. Is it an irrational fear? People are hit by falling objects and die from it every day so it isn't like it doesn't happen but still, is it an irrational fear?

Tens of thousands DIE EVERY YEAR of the flu. That is real and it has been going on long before the Chinese spread this current flu. I fear getting the flu about as much as I fear falling objects. That is just me.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
A couple of thoughts for today.

The media has gone from covid shaming groups of 3 or more people peacefully enjoying some sunshine on the beach-

To saying not a word about the covid risks from riotous mobs densely packed and often unmasked, as they burn down a neighborhood

Makes one wonder, was never about our safety.

11 people can not meet in a church.

But 11 thousand can take to the street and physically push and shove one another.

Not sure if they use ample amounts of hand sanitizer during their looting.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA

The media has gone from covid shaming groups of 3 or more people peacefully enjoying some sunshine on the beach-

To saying not a word about the covid risks from riotous mobs densely packed and often unmasked, as they burn down a neighborhood

But 11 thousand can take to the street and physically push and shove one another.

Not sure if they use ample amounts of hand sanitizer during their looting.
That is arcane isn't it? Probably didn't 'loot' any hand sanitizer anyway.

I liked the pictures of the National Guardsmen, all young kids... without any magazines in their rifles. Come on people, use your heads for something other than to space your ears apart.

Boy am I glad I live in the country.

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan

Ntot sure if they use ample amounts of hand sanitizer during their looting.
Not sure what media you are listening to, but I have heard none of the "shaming" and plenty of reporting of the people looting. Everything this last week has been wrong and terrible on so many levels, I hardly know where to begin.

The US is going down the drain thanks to the meanspirited bickering on BOTH political factions such that I hear you all saying that you can't believe what you read, and most people don't bother to fact check via multiple sources. The countries doing the best are ones that decided on a strategy, the leaders communicated that strategy effectively, and they knocked the death rate right down, and they can effectively get on with opening. New Zealand, Taiwan, and Germany for example. They are not wasting time bickering.

The demonstrations will almost certainly start new waves of the virus. Some of the looters were white. The deaths in Michigan from covid have been disproportionately from poor and African American neighborhoods.

SidecarFlip

Banned

Equipment
M9000HDCC3, M9000HD, Kubota GS850 Sidekick
Oct 28, 2018
USA
"The demonstrations will almost certainly start new waves of the virus. Some of the looters were white. The deaths in Michigan from covid have been disproportionately from poor and African American neighborhoods."

I saw that as well. Especially disturbing was the video of the white guy smashing the windows at the Auto Zone with a claw hammer. Of course the video was pulled but I saw it before it was.

So will the Lake of the Ozarks pool party. Read this morning that at least one of the attendees was asymptomatic and infectious. One wonder how many were infected.

The moron governor of Minnesota sent in the National Guard but relieved them of their ammunition before hand. Not even rubber bullets..... duh. Nothing like putting young mean and women in harms way with no means of defense... and the retreated last night. Probably a smart move on their part.

Went to St. Joe in Ann Arbor yesterday for an elective CT scan. Security was extremely tight. Got checked at the entrance (all entrances are locked except a couple) Everyone (including civilians) were masked, all furniture was rearranged to be 6 feet apart and hand sanitizer everywhere. They are just starting to do elective procedures again.

I inquired about where the Covid patients were in relationship to where I was and I was told all the Covid patients (don't know how many there are there) are sequestered in one containment area and none where I was (radiology and infusion areas).

Whether the threat is real or imagined, I'm not taking any chances. Way too much crap in the media, hard to discern fact from fiction but I know one thing and that is, I'll do what I have to, to keep from getting it, or the common flu for that matter.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
I see the mayor of Atlanta a black woman saying "what would Dr. King think of your actions ? "....profound words
Quite a few years ago in another rascally charged riot (between drugging and raping woman) the famous comedian and father of tv Bill Cosby (who if you don't know is black) also said a profound statement.." the young black men of America need to pull up their pants and stop acting like Ni#$%^s "...
I was had the tv on in my shop last week while working the show Daily Blast Live came on talking about the killing of George Floyd. The black woman on the show said the riots and destroying the city of Minneapolis is the only way blacks have to show they aren't happy with Floyd's death...Really ??
Its too bad to see the national guard and police with their hands tied. Everyone knows right from wrong. If I'm running out of the burning building with a stack of Addis sweat pants...fill me full of lead. I deserve it.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
I was in northern maine on a washed out old logging road miles from any paved road and came across some city folk with NY plates driving their Porche SUV today, maybe they were escaping?

Between the covid and riots people are leaving the cities for safer places.

WFM

Equipment
L3800
Apr 5, 2013
Porter Maine
The town where I live has....logging businesses. Not one variety store or any other public type of business to enter. A very very poor Maine town. We have lots of propertys for sale as there is nothing here and you log or drive an hour to work. Over the weekend I see a house on another road in town that's been empty for a couple years. Two Connecticut cars there, the cable tv truck and folks mowing the lawn. I'm guessing they got out of the city.
As far as the New York folks in the woods. I'm sure they were mushroom hunting and quarteening for 14 days.

motionclone

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L345DT with Lp mower, forks and grapple thumb, Bobcat 337 Midi Ex
May 4, 2018
Maine
The town where I live has....logging businesses. Not one variety store or any other public type of business to enter. A very very poor Maine town. We have lots of propertys for sale as there is nothing here and you log or drive an hour to work. Over the weekend I see a house on another road in town that's been empty for a couple years. Two Connecticut cars there, the cable tv truck and folks mowing the lawn. I'm guessing they got out of the city.
As far as the New York folks in the woods. I'm sure they were mushroom hunting and quarteening for 14 days.
Absolutely no business where I was at except logging, pot.(North of Sandy River), very poor yet land is selling like hotcakes and at inflated prices. I put a bid on a neighboring property that has been on market for 2 weeks and lost out to a couple knowingly overpaying.
Realtor said the Association Of Realtors group is speculating a huge uptick in people fleeing urban areas for less populated.

Kind of figured the NY Porche people where looking for moose or bear since there are a lot in this area but whatever common sense they had likely stayed in NY. because that was an ATV trail..lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.