Go Back   OrangeTractorTalks - Everything Kubota > Kubota Talk > Implements & Attachments

Implements & Attachments Find everything related to operating, servicing and maintaining that loader, mower, blade, snow blower, tiller, hitch or scraper, right here.

Old 1 Week Ago   #31
Orange1forme
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit
Default Re: 2782B snowblower: very disappointed in ability

I know which way it is supposed to spin and I believe the video is deceiving.

It is one thing I checked last season.

A) How cannot spin opposite of the augers.

B) How would the direction change?
Orange1forme is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links  
Advertisement
Old 1 Week Ago   #32
200mph
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower

I agree the fan is not running backwards, but is an artifact of the camera frames per second and the the rpms the tractor/blower happens to be running at.

Fan (not auger): Can you verify both the shear bolt (20) and the bolt (19) that holds the fan drive hub to the main shaft are both 1 piece and not broken?

I'm also wondering if the PTO clutch is slipping when under load.

It would be helpful to post videos during operation if you can find an assistant.

My Dad has a similar blower on a B3030 and it works like a champ.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2650 Blower.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	46718  
200mph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #33
Orange1forme
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: B2650 HSDC, filled tires, wheel spacers, B2728B , LA534A FEL, 3rd valve kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mph View Post
I agree the fan is not running backwards, but is an artifact of the camera frames per second and the the rpms the tractor/blower happens to be running at.

Fan (not auger): Can you verify both the shear bolt (20) and the bolt (19) that holds the fan drive hub to the main shaft are both 1 piece and not broken?

I'm also wondering if the PTO clutch is slipping when under load.

It would be helpful to post videos during operation if you can find an assistant.

My Dad has a similar blower on a B3030 and it works like a champ.
I'll have to look, but #20 is that easily accessible?
Looks like some disassembly may be required.

Last edited by Orange1forme; 6 Days Ago at 05:49 PM.
Old 6 Days Ago   #34
200mph
4th Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower

Should be able to get at #20 without any disassembly.
Old 6 Days Ago   #35
Orange1forme
2nd Yr. Apprentice

I'll pull them to check, but the bolts/pins look in tact.

Notice the third photo, the correct side of the fan blades show wear and not the backside. To me this helps vindicate the camera just can't record that it's spinning the correct direction.
Old 6 Days Ago   #36
Orange1forme
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by atitus View Post
Watching the video just one other comment. It might be just due to the angle of view in the video but it seems like the blower is tilting backwards. Where the shoes are attached to the blower, are both screws at the same height? Seems like the front of the shoe is higher than the back. I think its supposed to be parallel to the blower, at least on mine it is.
The shoes were in the middle position, both sides and both holes.

I raised them up this weekend after the first run and to keep from digging into my grass.

Shoes are sitting flat on the ground as I check them now.

The top of the blower is angled up from about a third of the way from the back.

Last edited by Orange1forme; 6 Days Ago at 07:08 PM.
Old 6 Days Ago   #37
rgk66
1st Yr. Apprentice

Equipment: BX2370, frt mt blower, tarter sc48 rotary mower, FEL, 6 ft woods finish mower

From your pictures and comments it appears everything is operating as designed and it is the snow/ground conditions that are the cause.

I have a BX with same style blower. It has the same issue blowing heavy snow when the ground isn't frozen yet. What works for me is to muddle my way thru one complete pass first, engine at full speed, creeping in low range. Once I have a path I then take half width passes (sometime even less than half) at faster ground speed(hi range). I've found this forces the snow into the augers, minimizing the snow building up in front of the blower. Once the ground freezes I no longer have the snow build up/pushing problems.
(I had to remove the chute guard to ease cleaning out wet snow chute plugging)
It seems ridiculous to only clear 2 ft of snow at a pass with such machinery but it still beats a shovel (I have approx 400 yards of driveway, in the woods, no place to push snow) and the BX is used for much more than snow removal.
rgk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #38
200mph
4th Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange1forme View Post
I'll pull them to check, but the bolts/pins look in tact.
I agree they look to be intact. Too bad it wasn't something so easy.

If you think technique is OK, which I'm assuming it is based on your prior experiences with a snow blower, don't rule out the possibility of a faulty PTO system.

If the PTO clutches are slipping when under load, the speed to the blower would be reduced hindering its performance.

Yes, this is a long shot, but sounds like you're open to all possibilities.

Any chance another forum member is close buy that could try the blower on their tractor or have a another blower for you to try?

Good luck.
Old 5 Days Ago   #39
Orange1forme
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgk66 View Post
From your pictures and comments it appears everything is operating as designed and it is the snow/ground conditions that are the cause.

I have a BX with same style blower. It has the same issue blowing heavy snow when the ground isn't frozen yet. What works for me is to muddle my way thru one complete pass first, engine at full speed, creeping in low range. Once I have a path I then take half width passes (sometime even less than half) at faster ground speed(hi range). I've found this forces the snow into the augers, minimizing the snow building up in front of the blower. Once the ground freezes I no longer have the snow build up/pushing problems.
(I had to remove the chute guard to ease cleaning out wet snow chute plugging)
It seems ridiculous to only clear 2 ft of snow at a pass with such machinery but it still beats a shovel (I have approx 400 yards of driveway, in the woods, no place to push snow) and the BX is used for much more than snow removal.
That stupid guard does seem to cause more headache when the snow is wet/heavy. This is especially true when the deflector is half way down or more!!

As for the muddle and clearing only half the blower width, I kind of did the same with fair results.

Again, this just seems wrong based on what others can do(based on videos) and my other blower experience on a far less powerful set up.
Old 5 Days Ago   #40
Orange1forme
2nd Yr. Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 200mph View Post
I agree they look to be intact. Too bad it wasn't something so easy.

If you think technique is OK, which I'm assuming it is based on your prior experiences with a snow blower, don't rule out the possibility of a faulty PTO system.

If the PTO clutches are slipping when under load, the speed to the blower would be reduced hindering its performance.

Yes, this is a long shot, but sounds like you're open to all possibilities.

Any chance another forum member is close buy that could try the blower on their tractor or have a another blower for you to try?

Good luck.
How does one go about checking/verifying this?

Again, this is a 14 month old tractor/blower and it has performed this way since day one. I have no other PTO equipment.